Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true,

Jan 6, 2016, 2:49 PM

looks like they will still play in the Championship game. There's an article by Ivan Maisel today confirming that Dabo chose not to appeal: "After three Tigers failed NCAA drug tests before the Capital One Orange Bowl, Clemson didn't appeal the findings. Swinney sent them home."

David Hood and several other people mentioned hearing that Alabama had "significant" players who failed the drug test given before the semifinal game, but that Alabama chose to appeal. Reading the NCAA rules (below), it looks like the appeal won't be heard for at least 45 days after the test was given. I'm glad Dabo did the right thing, but it's ashamed that the NCAA makes it so easy for teams like Alabama to game the system.

" 7. The request for an appeal shall be submitted by the institution within 2 business days of the confirmation of the positive drug test. Required documentation must be submitted by the institution within 45 days of the confirmation of the positive drug test. At least five business days before the scheduled appeal, the institution is required to submit to Drug Free Sport a written summary describing the institution’s drug-education program and the grounds for the appeal."
http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safety/policy/drug-testing-appeals-process

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No worries ... WE TOO DEEP!!!***

Jan 6, 2016, 2:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If you get 45 days then use it.

Jan 6, 2016, 2:51 PM

I know some people may think its not the right thing but its playing within the rules.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is A. J. Foyt on bama's rule committee? Talk about staying

Jan 6, 2016, 3:06 PM

within the rules and just outside of jail!
I'm glad Dabo did the right thing--it'll pay many more dividends in the long run.
Go Tigers!!

Re: Is A. J. Foyt on bama's rule committee? Talk about staying

Jan 6, 2016, 3:12 PM

What is the name of the article by Maisel or the link? Would like to read it.

Re: Is A. J. Foyt on bama's rule committee? Talk about staying

Jan 6, 2016, 3:24 PM

Here is the article where the quote comes from. He also mentioned it on a podcast from a couple days ago (I think the podcast is called "Championship Drive").

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/90023/why-clemson-could-find-staying-power-among-elite-programs

Re: Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true,

Jan 6, 2016, 3:10 PM

Does this mean that Michigan St really won? Will we have to play them after Bama is found guilty of playing players they shouldn't have been?

If true, and that's a BIG if...

Jan 6, 2016, 3:11 PM

and they lose the appeal later, it should be a significant deal in the press, but likely wouldn't be because.... it's ALA-FREAKIN'-BAMA!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David Hood is a homer, what do you expect?***

Jan 6, 2016, 3:13 PM

He wasn't the only one.***

Jan 6, 2016, 3:14 PM

Objective reporting.***

Jan 6, 2016, 3:14 PM [ in reply to David Hood is a homer, what do you expect?*** ]

Homer, yes. Rumormonger, no.***

Jan 6, 2016, 3:19 PM [ in reply to David Hood is a homer, what do you expect?*** ]

null

So then why test within a month of the playoffs?

Jan 6, 2016, 3:18 PM

Seems like it's more of a test of the program than it is for the players.

"Okay, Program X, you have three contributors who aren't following the rules...what are you going to do?"

null

Jan 6, 2016, 3:19 PM

I thought Tony Brown was the only player. He's suspended indefinitely from what I heard.

He was suspended for unspecified violations of team rules.

Jan 6, 2016, 3:20 PM

They didn't say what those rules were.

null

Jan 6, 2016, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true, ]

Tony Brown was the only guy I was aware of. He was sent home.

Jan 6, 2016, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true, ]

And we think that is for other discipline reasons, fighting, late for meetings, etc. However, I'm thinking now it could be something like a failed drug test because of Saban's comments on "waiting for answers" before he can rejoin the team". Now, is that his(Brown) answers on him being a better team player, or an NCAA approval issue.

If there were "several", then "several" would be riding the bus home. You break rules on Saban's team, you suffer great consequences.

Unless you're having some trouble withe the Wonderlic?***

Jan 6, 2016, 3:26 PM

No, she's fine***

Jan 6, 2016, 3:38 PM

Changed the batteries?***

We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.***

Jan 6, 2016, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true, ]

null

Jan 6, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true, ]

I'd imagine they'd have to forfeit anything won during the time period if the appeal didn't fly, so nothing gained by Michigan State, but everything lost by Bama.

Don't see why any coach in his right mind would appeal if it's just a few players and he didn't STRONGLY feel the test was faulty.

Brown was a different deal and he was sent home by his teammates on The Leadership Council

Jan 6, 2016, 3:41 PM

This is true. A failed drug screen would be Saban and the AD department sending him home.

So it's back to a homer Hood rumormonger.

Failing drug tests isn't an eligibility issue

Jan 6, 2016, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Rumor that Alabama players failed drug tests....if true, ]

(recreational drugs that is) so its not likely they would have been playing an ineligible player and have to vacate wins.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic