Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Romo is not a good commentator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Romo is not a good commentator

Jan 21, 2019, 12:26 AM

People think he is great but no. Points out obvious stuff that anyone who knows anything about football would already understand. He appeals to people who think he is miraculous with his play predictions but it is already obvious what is coming. And he will not shut up, I swear he thinks he gets paid by the word. The best commentators let the game speak for itself

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing

Jan 21, 2019, 1:35 AM

He's trying to show off more so than call a good game it seems like. Every once in a while is fine but he does it nearly every play.

Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing

Jan 21, 2019, 7:09 AM

His commentary was average BUT he knew where Brady was going most every play. If he knew it the KC DC should have known it too.

Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing***

Jan 21, 2019, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing

Jan 21, 2019, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing ]

I liked TR's game analysis. It was interesting that he could point out the defensive keys the QB uses to know where the open receiver would be before the snap.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing ]

Agree, his technical info is usually spot on. It's been that way all year. I have watched a lot of games he did.

You'll love this, then.

Jan 21, 2019, 4:25 AM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/tony-romo-afc-championship-game-cbs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Romo is not a good commentator

Jan 21, 2019, 8:35 AM

So would you prefer Joe Buck or Chris Collingnsworth!

Jan 21, 2019, 8:42 AM

Anybody is better than Booger McFarland on Monday night. Talk about Captain Obvious that brings nothing from an analysis or commentary standpoint.

Booger is so dumb he was on the NFL film room asking McShay

Jan 21, 2019, 10:20 AM

questions. $EC edumacation

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He keeps it high energy far better than most

Jan 21, 2019, 8:44 AM

And very few people are as knowledgeable as you think. From a $ standpoint he is a great fit as he reaches the wimmenz and all networks care about are ratings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 9:16 AM

I disagree FWIW...there are definitely worse out there

cmpletely disagree - the KC DC had no clue what was coming

Jan 21, 2019, 9:22 AM

His high energy in big games is great - doesn't play well in a week 5 game between Den-Oak. Most fans won't call it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Don't Watch Much NFL, But Romo Was Brilliant

Jan 21, 2019, 9:24 AM

Most color commentators state the obvious over and over and over. Romo gave us a true look from behind center and called most of the plays. I saw one Tweet asking Romo -- What stocks should I buy Tuesday? I agree.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're FOS dude.

Jan 21, 2019, 9:24 AM

I'm surprised by how good he is, and I enjoy the x and o explanations in real time.

I've listened to countless former players and coaches give color commentary, and he is very good at it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was impressed last night...thought he had a crystal ball***

Jan 21, 2019, 9:50 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was impressed last night...thought he had a crystal ball***

Jan 21, 2019, 10:15 AM

I like romo and his announcing strategy.

Maybe, but > than Phil Simms.***

Jan 21, 2019, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 10:24 AM

I completely disagree. Think he is easily the best

Jan 21, 2019, 10:40 AM

Yeah this is one of the worst fakes I’ve ever seen here and that’s saying something.

Jan 21, 2019, 10:47 AM

I can’t stand listening to him it’s awful. It’s not his content it’s his tone of voice and his style, I feel like I’m watching WWF. It’s terrible. The guys on wccp are going on about how wonderful he is, i #### near have to mute the game.

Jan 21, 2019, 10:49 AM

I Think his actual commentary isn’t fine...I just don’t like his voice. Can’t explain it...just bugs me.

Jan 21, 2019, 12:53 PM

I couldn’t disagree more. I would rather listen to him than anyone else. I enjoy the perspective from the eyes of a qb. Then again I really liked when John smoltzs calls baseball games. Same principle he knows exactly what pitch is coming next and explains why. I like that.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic