Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roll call for Wake.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Roll call for Wake.

Nov 6, 2016, 10:28 PM

Who else is making the trip? This will be my first time up there. I've only missed the BC game this year, and I won't miss another one this year.

For those who have been, best place to eat? How is the tailgating?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roll call for Wake.

Nov 6, 2016, 10:32 PM

BBQ place a block or two from stadium. Think it's called Red White & Cue or something like that. Parked there a few years back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Nov 7, 2016, 8:44 AM

^ nailed it! As far as local eatery, Red Hot & Blue is a great BBQ joint, and you can likely tailgate right near it and have an easy walk to the stadium. I work in Winston, the wake game for me is like a home game. Nothing like only having to travel 30 mins to watch the Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ill be there. All the way from San Jose, CA***

Nov 6, 2016, 10:38 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2016, 10:48 PM

I have been giving a lot of thought to going, as it is only about a 4 hour drive. To anyone who has been up there for a game, how was the experience. I can't imagine they are as bad as many of the NC State fans, but wasn't sure. Me alone, I don't worry to much, but taking the wife and our new foster daughter (Gotta get her on the orange Kool-aid) to a place that's rowdy, not really wise.

Nov 6, 2016, 10:55 PM

I'll be there. Grew up in Winston, so I always make the trip up for this one. Usually park in the Joel Coliseum lot across the street from the stadium. 10-15 bucks to park and always full of tiger fans. 3-5 minute walk to stadium. Glad this one is finally on a Saturday, the last few have been Thursday night games so I'm hoping for a big tiger turnout. Some good restaurants around, just depends on what you in the mood for.

Nov 6, 2016, 11:02 PM

Just myself so far,maybe 2 more.I'm in Sec.12 Row HHH.This is always one of my favorite away game trips when the Tigers play Wake Forest in Winston Salem.Always an easy traveling trip for me even though I'm 5 hours away.Getting in and out of BB&T Field and Winston Salem is one of the more easier game sites I think.

Nov 7, 2016, 5:12 AM

BB&T Field in Winston is easy in and easy out. I've been to every Clemson game there for the past ten years. Clemson Fans usually outnumber Wake fans, most of whom leave about half time. I've never been to a friendlier opponents field. Everyone is very cordial and accommodating. Being a smaller stadium it's hard to have a bad seat. I'll be there again this year! Go Tigers!!!

Nov 7, 2016, 5:15 AM

I bought tickets in August.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Nov 7, 2016, 6:01 AM

Will be there plus 6. Parking across the street is easy, yes. We were there last year. Didn't find any rowdy fans ala NCState type fans. State fans are probably some of the worst in the ACC if not the country. WF football doesn't inspire rowdy fans. Two years ago, Stoudt led Clemson to a 34-20 win, shouldn't even have been that close. This game will be similar to the Syracuse game. It will not be close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have 15 going--

Nov 7, 2016, 6:02 AM

Park in Joel across street.

Fingers crossed for a 3:30 game

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 6:05 AM

My favorite away game - nice people, campus, environment! Perfect for wife and kids!

Nov 7, 2016, 6:26 AM

We will be there...4 of us.

GO TIGERS!

Bucket List road trip 2016 continues***

Nov 7, 2016, 6:42 AM

Nov 7, 2016, 7:02 AM

Hmmm I think I'll make the trip up too. It will be my first experience in WS. I'll probably head there Friday

Nov 7, 2016, 7:37 AM

I suggest that you all come up for the game. Not a bad trip. I make it to CLEMSON for Saturday games from this area since 1964. You will see why I am not fond of games that end at midnight!

WF is a great place to visit. Nice fans. Nice city

Bowl eligible team this year also

Nov 7, 2016, 7:58 AM

How difficult is getting tickets for a decent price the day of the game? Looking for four seats together.

When I went two years ago, we bought decent tickets

Nov 7, 2016, 8:04 AM

at the box office just before the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Leaning toward going

Nov 7, 2016, 7:04 AM

Hoping for a 330 kick.

Kids have never been to Wake.

I am thinking, as long as the team show up, that is a W*****

Nov 7, 2016, 7:14 AM

Sect 17 row JJ***

Nov 7, 2016, 8:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 7, 2016, 8:40 AM

I'll be there.

Nov 7, 2016, 8:46 AM

Me and my Dad will be!

Anytime they serve booze in a stadium, im there***

Nov 7, 2016, 8:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Anytime they serve booze in a stadium, im there***

Nov 7, 2016, 9:41 AM

Hey serve beer there?????

Thinking about driving up. Haven't been there since 2006.

Nov 7, 2016, 8:54 AM

RIP Gaines.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 7, 2016, 9:03 AM

i will be at wake forest, nc..... I will be parking on Deacon blvd and hanging out at " THE LAST RESORT"

Nov 7, 2016, 4:49 PM

You will miss the game if you go to Wake Forest N.C. I bet you know this

Nov 7, 2016, 9:11 AM

They'll be 10 of us going. Hard to pass it up. Haven't been in several years but it is about 2 hours closer for us than Clemson is not to mention the price of tickets at lest 1/4 the price of Death Valley (for obvious reasons). Took the new wife and stepson to the NC State game in the Valley a few weeks ago and so now I want them to experience a road game. Feel like orange will be a dominant color. Would love some advice on tailgating spots. Can't wait. Looking forward slobber-knocking!

Nov 7, 2016, 9:15 AM

deacon blvd is a good place to tailgate and not to far from the stadium... if I remember correctly a lot of Clemson fans parked at 713 deacon blvd

Nov 7, 2016, 9:21 AM

Good deal. Appreciate the heads up!

Me, plus 5 others will be there. Unfortunately, I

Nov 7, 2016, 10:05 AM

bought tickets on the 'home' side. But, that probably won't matter.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

live here, so yeah***

Nov 7, 2016, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic