Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rodgers: If he takes a medical RS, which is pretty much a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Rodgers: If he takes a medical RS, which is pretty much a

Mar 28, 2019, 9:58 AM

certainty given his injury--can he come back in Nov. and play 4 games without losing it??

Not sure how the new rules work.

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Rodgers: If he takes a medical RS, which is pretty much a

Mar 28, 2019, 10:01 AM

You can play in any four games under the new redshirt rule.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 28, 2019, 10:04 AM

Come back for the Uof5C game, ACC Championship game, and the playoffs? I like the sound of that!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:07 AM

Negative....Specific criteria must be met such as the player suffered an incapacitating season ending injury and the player must have competed in no more than 4 games...Once proof is applied and MRS is granted, the player is ruled ineligible for the remainder of that season...In essence, once he get its no he cannot come back....If there is a chance of coming back they will simply wait until the end of the season to apply for the medical redshirt like Mike Williams did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 28, 2019, 10:12 AM

He will not have to apply for a medical redshirt.

The new rule change allows players to participate in up to 4 games regardless of the reason for not playing in any others.

If Amari plays in 4 games or less he will get the redshirt year.

It does not matter what part of the season those games are played.

The NCAA can not say no to giving a redshirt to any player who has: played 4 games or less and who has not redshirted in a previous season.

If he takes that long to heal, he'll just RS

Mar 28, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Rodgers: If he takes a medical RS, which is pretty much a ]

No use apllying for MRS. He'll play the last 4 games at least.

yeah i'm not sure why medical is even a concern in this case

Mar 28, 2019, 10:44 AM

he hasn't used his RS yet and can play 4 games and still use a standard red shirt.

is there even need for any type of application or anything medical related in his situation? I didn't think this case was very complicated I must be missing something.

Times and Rules have Changed!***

Mar 28, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Rodgers: If he takes a medical RS, which is pretty much a ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 28, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Rodgers: If he takes a medical RS, which is pretty much a ]

Wow. You are way behind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:45 AM

You guys are mixing up "redshirt" and "medical redshirt". They are different things. With the new redshirt rules, medical redshirts are less important than they used to be. The only time they will really matter is if a player also plans to request a 6th year of eligibility, meaning they would use one redshirt year and one medical redshirt year, so they need 6 years to complete their 4 years of playing time.

This article helps:
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/georgia-tech-football/2015/10/7/9457847/football-the-medical-redshirt-explained

He doesn't need to apply for the medical hardship waiver

Mar 28, 2019, 11:19 AM

because he still has his normal redshirt year to use. And yes, he can play in any 4 games.

I'm not sure how the coaches would handle that though. If he can't see the field until the SC game he might be ready to step right in during "championship season."

Losing Amari definitely hurts, but this does allow us to deploy two big WRs like Higgins and Ross (maybe Ngata and/or Ladson as well) at the same time. That combo was pretty lethal in the playoff.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic