Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rock Solution
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Rock Solution

Feb 25, 2015, 11:31 AM

Keep the rock in an underground vault when not in use. As the team makes it's way around the stadium, the rock slowly rises from the ground and is in place for the team as they exit the bus. This could add a whole new element of anticipation to the "most exciting 25 seconds in college football"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rock Solution

Feb 25, 2015, 11:35 AM

Can you imagine as the team is standing at the top of the hill the jumbotron zooms in at the ground and all of a sudden the rock slowly raises.

That gives me chill bumps just thinking about it.

Could Clemson entrance get better than it already is? This would be amazing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the smoke and fog.***

Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Don't forget the smoke and fog.***

Feb 25, 2015, 11:55 AM

We don't need no stinkin' fire extinguishers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, every high school does it, am I right?

Feb 25, 2015, 12:11 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

the consequence is fans lose exposure.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:40 AM

I have driven to death valley on of days multiple times with extended family members and taken pictures with the rock.

Shame the innocent are always punished because of the criminals.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: the consequence is fans lose exposure.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:42 AM

Would you rather lose it forever though? That's the risk.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:44 AM

It's not lost now.

The cover worked.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 25, 2015, 11:45 AM

Doesn't mean it always will. Why leave it out like a sitting duck inviting someone to try? Why give them the chance?

Feb 25, 2015, 11:47 AM

Hiding it in the ground will guarantee it is protected?

null

Feb 25, 2015, 11:48 AM

A heck of a lot more then some protective covering will.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:49 AM

Looks like it worked to me.

null

Feb 25, 2015, 11:53 AM

My antivirus used to work too. Unfortunately people find ways around it.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:56 AM

And people rob banks with vaults in them.

null

Feb 25, 2015, 11:56 AM

And it's much harder for them to do than cutting a masterlock.

sandwich bags are not hard to circumnavigate. next time use a condom.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: the consequence is fans lose exposure. ]

And stop hanging out in Columbia. ..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 25, 2015, 11:43 AM [ in reply to the consequence is fans lose exposure. ]

You're right it would lose that. But it would make the rock even more legendary and mystical of sorts. I'm sure they would still hold events as well.

Feb 25, 2015, 12:10 PM [ in reply to the consequence is fans lose exposure. ]

I'm thinking the same thing. One of the great things about Clemson is the easy access fans have to the sporting side of things. I think the best idea would be to have ROTC post a guard down there. Offer some kind of ribbon or award for participating in the endeavor to guard the rock, and make it kind of a prestigious position.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are 61320 hours in a year which equates to 1533

Feb 25, 2015, 12:16 PM

different 40 hour work weeks. It would be a massive undertaking to have someone guarding it at all times and no way you could get people to volunteer for it.

Set hours for the rock to be open to the public

Feb 25, 2015, 12:28 PM [ in reply to the consequence is fans lose exposure. ]

Make it still accessible to the public by having set hours each day that it is displayed and available and have security posted during those hours.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:41 AM

Like the idea!

Who's paying for it?

Feb 25, 2015, 11:43 AM

Will that guarantee someone won't still try to mess with it?

The cover worked.

Why run and hide?

null

Re: Who's paying for it?

Feb 25, 2015, 11:44 AM

I would imagine IPTAY.

And why wait around for someone to figure out a way past the protective covering? I'm sure someone will eventually.

When you have to start hiding things you are proud of

Feb 25, 2015, 11:51 AM

then the criminals and thieves have already won. It's analogous to everyone staying home and being scared to live life normally after these terrorist attacks everywhere... that is what they want, if you are afraid, then the enemy wins every time.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: When you have to start hiding things you are proud of

Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM

I'm sure one is proud of their kids as well. But most of the day they keep them at home away from the public. Just because you're proud of something doesn't mean you don't protect it.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

No!

They send them to school for education, social interaction, free daycare and a place to develop immunity to childhood diseases.

null

Feb 25, 2015, 12:00 PM

Right they do, with guardians all around them. When's the last time you dropped off your kid in the park at night and left?

We Disagree

Feb 25, 2015, 12:08 PM

This country was not built on running and hiding.

John Hancock wrote his name in big letters so the King would not have to put on his glasses to read it.

The flag was raised on Iwo Jima to show we were victors.

Heck - George Bush marched out and threw a perfect strike after 911.

I'm against cowering and hiding.

Prosecute someone to the fullest extent of the law!

null

Re: We Disagree

Feb 25, 2015, 12:21 PM

Yeah because we don't keep the original constitution and and declaration in a protective vault away from the public. Not like we use replicas on display.

Oh wait...

I think that is more for protecting the paper from

Feb 25, 2015, 12:24 PM

aging and being exposed to variations in temperature and humidity, but whatever fits your narrative. I think a rock will be ok in the rain and the weather, as it has been for many years.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: I think that is more for protecting the paper from

Feb 25, 2015, 12:46 PM

There are other documents on display with climate control. That's not the reason.

Feb 25, 2015, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: We Disagree ]

I'm pretty sure the National Archives display the actual Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2015, 12:29 PM

BOR and Declaration are copies.

Free? I pay good tax money for other people to send their

Feb 25, 2015, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: When you have to start hiding things you are proud of ]

kids to school.

Hmmm. I don't know too many people who hide their kids and

Feb 25, 2015, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: When you have to start hiding things you are proud of ]

keep them away from the public. Must be some new parenting style. My kids are out and about in school and playing sports/going to dance class practically everyday. I guess we just never see the super paranoid types of whom you speak b/c they are in their protective vaults and not outside. ;)

There are many ways to protect things you care about other than hiding them away in a hole in the ground. Just sayin', when you start changing the way you live your life due to criminals and threats of harm, you aren't living anymore.

The rock should stand proud there for all to see; sure keep the case and add more cameras and motion sensors, but don't hide it all year except for 7 days in the fall. Hire a security person for $10 an hour if needed, but don't be all scared and stuff it in the ground all year because of a few idiots.

Re: Hmmm. I don't know too many people who hide their kids and

Feb 25, 2015, 12:06 PM

That's not what I said lol

I said most of the day. Most of the day kids are at home under your roof. And when they're not they are surrounded by guardians charged with protecting their safety.

The point is, just because you're proud of something you don't go place it out on a pedestal inviting anyone and everyone to come and try to get past your "measures" of security. You find and seek out the best methods of protecting it both when you're not around and when you are.

Feb 25, 2015, 11:55 AM

This idea needs more Oculus.

here ya go. i know. surfaced*

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16914991

It's like DV gets an erection. And erupts as orange balloons spray up into

the sky with fireworks. Now that's a climactic entrance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Religions will spawn from death valley the way its going***

Feb 25, 2015, 11:59 AM

Strategically placed lethal blow darts***

Feb 25, 2015, 12:07 PM

Best solution ever!

Feb 25, 2015, 12:18 PM

I'm sure the robotics guys on campus could get one of these guys posted by the Rock.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXfh4hENKs

It could come up at sunrise and go down at sunset***

Feb 25, 2015, 12:27 PM

Feb 25, 2015, 12:42 PM

Imagine a night game...there would have to be a laser generated from the eye of the Oculus to bring its multiple beams together in a single point of focus to light up the rock just as the Tigers exit the bus. I also like the idea to bring it up from The Quarry (Google definition: 1.a place, typically a large, deep pit, from which stone or other materials are or have been extracted.) during specified hours in the day time for folks to enjoy.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic