Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ring of Honor….
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,041

Ring of Honor….

Mar 16, 2017, 8:46 AM

The ultimate honor bestowed at Clemson is to be inducted into the Ring of Honor. It is truly elite.

Looking last season at all the names around Death Valley I got to wondering (especially after the National Championship) what is going to happen when they run out of room to put those very well deserving names. Currently we have…

Banks McFadden
Frank Howard
Steve Fuller
Jeff Davis
Fred Cone
Jerry Butler
Terry Kinard
Bob Bradley
1981 Team
Danny Ford

And after the National Championship this past season Dabo and Deshaun Watson and possibly the 2016 Team will almost certainly make it in the future.

Will they shrink the names to accommodate more room or will we have to put something outside the stadium to display the honorees or change the way the name is displayed (hanging signs around the portal area)?

It’s a great problem to have because it means we have some players and coaches bringing greatness back to Clemson…I was just wondering what they will do when they run out of room the current way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ring of Honor….

Mar 16, 2017, 8:56 AM

By the time Dabo retires we will have an upper deck over the Hill and his name will be there.

I think they have to put the 2016 team up at some point

Mar 16, 2017, 9:07 AM

plus Dabo and DW4. Gotta think CJ will be up there too. Can't think of anyone else recently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Extra room was made when they took down

Mar 16, 2017, 9:35 AM

cutigerbob® earlier this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^ HaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2017, 9:41 AM

Dat rat their was some good stuff!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh Boyd, Vic Beasley.......***

Mar 16, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I think they have to put the 2016 team up at some point ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jim Phillips

Mar 16, 2017, 2:11 PM

I will still argue that Jim Phillips name should be there. He was the voice of the Tigers for 30 years and was a huge part of Clemson. Before every game was on TV, most of us who couldn't make it to the Valley for the GE relied on Jim Phillips to bring the game to us. And he did this with class and charm. He's tenure was longer than that of Danny Ford, Tommy West and Bowden put together, Jack Legget, Cliff Ellis, Pete Yanity, and many more, plus every player (only can play four years max) yet he still isn't in the Ring. I sure miss his calls.

All we have to do is add a small facade, and double deck the

Mar 16, 2017, 2:43 PM

names. Problem solved for the foreseeable future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,041
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic