Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ring Of Honor: It's Should Have A lot of New Members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Ring Of Honor: It's Should Have A lot of New Members

Feb 3, 2019, 8:13 AM

I've been around long enough to Remember Steve Fuller's first season as a starter and have seen a lot of great Clemson players. It's been pretty easy to distinguish the players that should be in the ROH prior to the DABO era because we didn't have a huge player pool to select from.

There are a number of requirements for the ROH but this are the most significant:

"A candidate must be a member of the Clemson Hall of Fame and must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year University or college".

There are a lot of people that should be considered for the ROH that haven't been selected to the hall of fame. I imagine that should change over the next several years.

With all of these great players that have played in the Dabo era that have graduated..how to you select ROH?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Bar has been raised for sure

Feb 3, 2019, 8:21 AM

Maybe we will need a bigger ring too

( and no BiLl, not that kind of bar )

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ring Of Honor: It's Should Have A lot of New Members

Feb 3, 2019, 8:22 AM

I think Deshaun is the only look for the Ring of Honor, but CJ and Christian should be heavily considered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 3, 2019, 8:58 AM

A potential inductee must also have made a positive contribution to society after graduation. That is a requirement that is hard to define. Also, a maximum of one person every two years can be added to the ring and they must receive a majority of the votes from members of the selection committee. The committee only conducts one ballot. It is very difficult to be be selected for the Ring of Honor.

Mar 28, 2024, 9:50 PM

Thanks for posting these additional requirements and I should have included in my post below because there’s no doubt those three will make an impact on society b4 it’s said and done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it should be hard. The ROH is only for the best of.....

Feb 3, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Ring Of Honor: It's Should Have A lot of New Members ]

the best. It's for players who made a major change/contribution to the success of the entire football program - players who made a major change.

You younger guys don't realize the how Steve Fuller and Jerry Butler took our program to the next level and how they made a major shift to the direction and success of our program. The same for the guys from the 1981 NC era.

It's not just for All-Americans, fan favorites, etc. If that was the case, there would be 100 people in the ROH by now.

For modern-day players, a guy like CJ had all the personal achievements but he set the direction for the program to start bringing in first-class talent - also set good examples while he was here and after. CW has all the personal achievements too but is a real leader and set the example for the other guy on the DL to come back this past season - things like that.

That's why there are so few people in the ROH - it's only for that extra-extra special player.

Feb 3, 2019, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Ring Of Honor: It's Should Have A lot of New Members ]

Not sure about CJ but CW42 should go up as soon as anyone if for no other reason winning the Campbell award in addition to all his other accomplishments.

Imo you can also make a good case for Renfrow for his awards as well. Those two along with DW4 are above and beyond.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Ring Of Honor: It's Should Have A lot of New Members ]

I agree Cj has been a huge ambassador for the University, but so hasn’t Tajh (sp)

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Tajh IMO should be a no-brainer for the ROH

Feb 3, 2019, 9:54 AM

Tajh had everything to do with where Clemson is today. I still remember vividly after the LSU game where Tajh and Nuk played the game of their careers. I also remember Tajh's NFL stock draft was probably as high as it was ever going to be and could have left for the NFL. I also remember Tajh choosing to stay at Clemson, get his degree, beat Ohio State in our first Orange Bowl since 1981 and since then has been a fantastic Ambassador for Clemson. Sure, he never beat the U of SC, but that was their "glory years" and we were still winning ACC titles and Major Bowls.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Feb 3, 2019, 9:28 AM

Let's add a "Ring of Fire" too to recognize all the dbs our wrs have toated

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 9:39 AM

If we continue to have young men of the caliber we have had, we will have the double the size of the ring, depth wise, or will run out of space. There may very well be people that should already be on there and they haven’t with that consideration in mind

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 3, 2019, 9:48 AM

I’d like to know who is already in it and what their contribution was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic