Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News Flash!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

News Flash!

Sep 12, 2012, 1:07 PM

Let me start off by saying I hate Swoffie and the ND deal. However everyone in Clemson nation needs to bite the bullet and realize we are NEVER going to join the SEC. As much as it would make me and most tiger football fans happy it won't happen in my lifetime and it never was. Our administration cares way too much about academics to go to the SEC.
Since the SEC is off the table, increasing the chance that ND might join our league is the only option left. It might be a far second but that's the truth. I was mildly upset with the news as well but then stepped back and realized we are and were never going to the SEC so beggars can't be choosers. It sucks but it's the sad reality we are in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. Thumbs up***

Sep 12, 2012, 1:10 PM

I still think we have a chance to go to the SEC. Academics

Sep 12, 2012, 1:11 PM

has nothing to do with it. There are schools in the SEC with tougher academic standards than ours.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL get over it already Amanda

Sep 12, 2012, 1:12 PM

no way we pay 50 mill

I think the report last year leaked by ESPN was true saying

Sep 12, 2012, 1:16 PM

A&M, Missouri,Clemson,FSU to the SEC was true. I just think it will take time to transpire. Maybe, maybe not.

50 mill buyout

Sep 12, 2012, 1:14 PM [ in reply to I still think we have a chance to go to the SEC. Academics ]

we are staying deal with it

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: I still think we have a chance to go to the SEC. Academics

Sep 12, 2012, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I still think we have a chance to go to the SEC. Academics ]

No chance in #### we're headed to the SEC, you can book that.

Yeah? Besides Vandy which ones?***

Sep 12, 2012, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I still think we have a chance to go to the SEC. Academics ]

Right on one point, wrong on the other. Right, Clemson will

Sep 12, 2012, 1:23 PM

never go to the SEC. Wrong, "administration cares way too much about academics to go to the SEC." The ACC is controlled by the basketball powers. The last two moves are basketball related. We knew this back in the early 70's and did nothing about it. So we're stuck with what we've got. Beginning in 2014 we will be in a conference that will not play for the National Championship in football.

Re: Right on one point, wrong on the other. Right, Clemson will

Sep 12, 2012, 1:50 PM

Could be. The fact of the matter is we aren't going to the SEC and that's the real reason everyone is up in arms today. Some people were holding on to a shred of hope and now that is all but gone. And with the $50 mil exit deal that just further sealed it. It sucks being a football school in a basketball conference. And we will have to deal with it for many more years.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic