Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former coaches talk keys to Clemson success on ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Former coaches talk keys to Clemson success on ESPN

Feb 6, 2019, 3:22 PM

Former coaches talk keys to Clemson success on ESPN

Clemson's class finished ranked No. 10 in ESPN's final recruiting rankings after the dust settled on the 2019 class. The Tigers signed 12 of the ESPN300, which Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had forgotten how CDS..

Feb 6, 2019, 9:53 PM

gave up a portion of his salary for the staff. That was not only a “Nice thing to do” it was Genius! And strategic! Gave birth to loyalty also.

Re: I had forgotten how CDS..

Feb 7, 2019, 1:02 AM

That paid a hundred fold in dividends for loyalty and respect!! Not only that, he gave money to his all-in foundation at the same time. He invested into his future by giving an it continues to payoff.

He also invests into the future of his players by making sure they are well rounded in every area by investing in them individually to be the best academically, athletically, giving to others, teaching leadership and spiritually. Dabo shows them how to LOVE each other unconditionally too!

While having fun being the very best!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I had forgotten how CDS..

Feb 7, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I had forgotten how CDS.. ]

Money well-spent. He has made that back many times over.

Not only has Dabo built a great program, but he has it in a state where it is sustainable. He hires the best and treats them well. He recruits talented high character athletes (the quality of recruit, on and off the field, has gone up considerably since he became head coach). He gives every student athlete the opportunity to succeed, even if they don't play professionally.

All great leaders do unprecedented things.***

Feb 10, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to I had forgotten how CDS.. ]

Here we go again

Feb 7, 2019, 9:35 AM

I used to respect Richt but no more. So, we "looked like an SEC team"???? How about some SEC teams "look like Clemson"??? Maybe Alabama "looked like an ACC team"??? Geez. So, what was the SEC record in bowls this year? Let's see. 6-6 vs. 6-5 ACC. My oh my. Maybe SEC teams look like ACC teams???? If these media people would just get a grip and realize that, this year, there was only one truly dominant team in the country - Clemson. Alabama was not "just as dominant." Alabama was more dominant than anyone else except Notre Dame and Clemson. And, yes, for all these people out there, Notre Dame deserved to be there. They were undefeated. They beat all Power 5 teams all year until they met the Tigers. This kind of talk about "looked like an SEC team" just infuriates me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here we go again

Feb 7, 2019, 1:51 PM

True- Some SEC teams look like Tarzan but play like Jane.

Richt spent many years in the SEC...

Feb 7, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Here we go again ]

so he probably speaks in terms of that. It is what it is, the SEC may not always have better teams than other conferences but they sure do have better players overall. You just cant dispute it otherwise. Look at the NFL numbers, look at yesterdays rankings. According to Rivals, we finished 1st in the ACC and 6th in the SEC. Also, Kentucky would have finished 4th in the ACC but was near the bottom of the SEC.

Having said all that, great players help you win but as we know..thats not the only ingredient.

Re: Richt spent many years in the SEC...

Feb 7, 2019, 6:56 PM

Bull Sh!t!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it is true...

Feb 8, 2019, 8:53 AM

of course its splitting hairs over the difference between most of the top 10 but its just a statistical fact the SEC has better players.

Re: Here we go again

Feb 7, 2019, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Here we go again ]

You and me both, to me, that makes us sound criminal!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This the same Jim Mora that was slamming our program a few

Feb 8, 2019, 9:00 AM

months ago? smh.

Best Is The Standard

Re: TNET: Former coaches talk keys to Clemson success on ESPN

Feb 10, 2019, 4:42 PM

I always find it comical that coaches who can't keep their jobs are dissecting the "keys" to someone's success.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic