Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier

Nov 15, 2015, 12:26 PM

Fights she thinks she can just swap licks with anyone and her defense isn't good. No wonder she got knocked out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully this will end her 30 minutes of fame...

Nov 15, 2015, 12:28 PM

and now UFC has zero superstars since their last one left got knocked out and sent to the hospital. Rousey was all marketing for the UFC, which had slipped with some stars retiring and some stars getting caught on steroids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully this will end her 30 minutes of fame...

Nov 15, 2015, 12:33 PM

They do have a new superstar now...the undefeated Holmes

there was this girl

Nov 15, 2015, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Hopefully this will end her 30 minutes of fame... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brye Anne Russillo

Nov 15, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Hopefully this will end her 30 minutes of fame... ]

I'd like to see her fight...or maybe mud rassle

heck, even the street fighter vid of her on ESPN mobile

Nov 15, 2015, 12:33 PM

Shows how she stands in too much and just swaps licks. Against a powerful adversary you'll get owned doing that.

Re: Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier

Nov 15, 2015, 12:39 PM

If a 12-0 start in women UFC is overrated then I'll take that every single time. I find it kinda odd that a bunch of grown men are bashing a beautiful, smoking hot lady like Rhonda. Then to call her "white trash" ??? Come on man, if anything she need to be a role model for your daughters if you have any. First women to do what she did in her sport, but she's "trash" or "overrated" give me a freaking break!!! And this is coming from a black man.

Nov 15, 2015, 12:42 PM

I never called her trash. But she is overrated. They proclaimed her the best in the world, clearly she isn't. She got knocked out. She swaps punches too much. And she paid for it. Yeah, that's overrated.

Nov 15, 2015, 12:47 PM

That was her first time looking like that in the octagon. She was clearly frustrated, and was reaching for punches. Holms came in focused and stuck to her game plan. Which was stand Rhonda up and box with her. I say Holms was the better fighter last night, not Rhonda is overrated.

Role model?

Nov 15, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier ]

if you watched the weigh in and the prefight meeting midring, she wasn't a champion she was a little punk ##### and got what was coming to her

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Role model?

Nov 15, 2015, 12:48 PM

I seen the weigh in. I seen who threw and landed a punch at the weigh in as well and it wasn't Rousey who did all that.

Nov 15, 2015, 12:56 PM

it was Rousey that walked all the way across the room to get in Holm's space with her full ##### face on

not saying Holm should have thrown the punch but Rousey clearly instigated it

of course all that was probably staged

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Nov 15, 2015, 1:04 PM

Ummm have you never seen a weigh in before? Fighters are suppose to be face to face at the end of weigh ins for the press to take pictures and stuff. But yep, blame Rhonda for getting punched in the face at a weigh in.

did you see the gif?

Nov 15, 2015, 1:07 PM

ronda put her fist all up in holms face ...holms then put hers at rondas..holms fist never touched ronda.

Re: did you see the gif?

Nov 15, 2015, 1:12 PM

No I seen the actual weigh in. Where Rhonda walked up for fight pictures but gets sucker punched. Rematch wil be coming soon

you say walked up..

Nov 15, 2015, 1:18 PM

that wasnt walking she stormed up putting her fist in her face.

Re: you say walked up..

Nov 15, 2015, 1:24 PM

Dude it's the night before the fight. She was riled up and ready to freaking fight!? Back to my point, THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO TAKE PICTURES FACE TO FACE, FIST TO FIST. Not act all innocent and camera shy and all pretty. It's not her demeanor to act like that before a fight. Take off your panties man good lord!

Nov 15, 2015, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Role model? ]

You mean this "punch"?

She is very disrespectful and displays horrible

Nov 15, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier ]

sportsmanship. She appears to be very angry and unnecessarily aggressive. None of those qualities are necessary or have any bearing whatsoever on being a successful fighter. A very, very poor role model for young girls.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: She is very disrespectful and displays horrible

Nov 15, 2015, 12:51 PM

Very angry? Unnecessarily aggressive? It's fighting man!!!! You don't wanna be soft in the octagon!!! You gotta be kidding me dude. She's humble in her own way, just like Clemson linemen are mean and nasty on GAMEDAY, she's mean and nasty on fight nights! But I don't see nobody calling the linemen angry men or unnecessarily aggressive.

You have got to be kidding ME. You are believing a lie.

Nov 15, 2015, 12:58 PM

Your theory has just been proven, unequivocally wrong. A very humble, non-angry, non-loudmouth, respectful, good sport just clean Rhonda Rousey's clock and put her in the hospital. All of that posturing and scowling and beotchy attitude means absolutely NOTHING.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

exactly look at george st pierre .

Nov 15, 2015, 1:03 PM

dude was dominant in his division great fighter..but he didnt act like a ###### dude always showed class and respect..just because yuo are in combat doesnt mean you have to be a ###### to you opponents

Re: exactly look at george st pierre .

Nov 15, 2015, 1:06 PM

Everybody is not the same. Different people, different reactions. Rhonda is humble and classy in her own way. You probably only see her on fight nights. I'm a fan of UFC, I've seen how she interacts outside of the octagon. Very smart and classy women she is.

yeah so humbel......

Nov 15, 2015, 1:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9FGcaWu8k

Re: yeah so humbel......

Nov 15, 2015, 1:10 PM

yeah so confident......

She can be very humble and classy, and I'd like to see

Nov 15, 2015, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: exactly look at george st pierre . ]

more of that from her, but that does not excuse the times when she is a classless beotch, and a terrible role model.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: She can be very humble and classy, and I'd like to see

Nov 15, 2015, 1:15 PM

So when she is humble and classy, does that excuse the times when she is a classless beotch and terrible role model?

Exactly. Some people just don't understand the difference

Nov 15, 2015, 1:08 PM [ in reply to exactly look at george st pierre . ]

between acting tough and actually being tough. They mistake a big mouth and lots of strutting around for true confidence. Acting like a bada$$ doesn't make you a bada$$, and if you are a bada$$, you don't have to act like one.

- H. L. Mencken

Role model for my daughters. My daughters should be a role

Nov 15, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier ]

model for Ronda Rousey. Rhonda Rousey would be what I tell them exactly what not to do in life. Get your head bashed in and sell your sexuality for money...no thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Role model for my daughters. My daughters should be a role

Nov 15, 2015, 1:02 PM

Not taking anything away from you as a man or father BUT can you seriously say that with a straight face? If your daughter was Rhonda, would you not support her for being the first women to do what she did in her sport? She's definitely not selling her body bro. If she was she would be on a corner somewhere, she has a smoking hot body which brings in more $. She works out all the time so that body just didn't come overnight. Respect it man, too many people on here are tryna be politically correct. But if it where their sister or daughter it will be a whole different story.

with her mouth and actions

Nov 15, 2015, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier ]

she will never be a role model for my daughter..watching holms post fight interviews compared to rousey when she does hers it is night and day..one is humble the other is cocky and classless..just watch rousey at the weigh in..holm is known for being respectful to opponents yet rousey goes off on her calling it fake and what not..was nice to see that classless pos get her clock cleaned

Nov 15, 2015, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Rhonda Rousy is so overrated. Even in some of her earlier ]
image.jpeg(119.3 K)

> If a 12-0 start in women UFC is overrated then I'll take that every single time. I find it kinda odd that a bunch of grown men are bashing a beautiful, smoking
hot lady like Rhonda. Then to call her "white trash" ??? Come on man, if anything she need to be a role model for your daughters if you have any. First women to do what she did in her sport, but she's "trash" or "overrated" give me a freaking break!!! And this is coming from a black man.

Sometimes, you are judged by the way you carry yourself. Ronda got that sting of pride last night early. I'm hoping she finds humility in that loss and works on her stand-up game, she got owned.

And honestly sir, I don't know why you had to say "and this is coming from a black man". Your color is completely irrelevant to your opinion.

Nov 15, 2015, 1:31 PM

Because seeing other white friends calling Ronda white "trash" just didn't sit with me well. Take up for your kind, don't degrade, I could understand if she acts like white "trash" but she doesn't. That's exactly why I said it!

Nov 15, 2015, 1:37 PM

I hear where you're coming from, and I've never, nor would I, use "white trash" to describe anyone but if you've seen her pompous attitude in interviews and looked at the attachment above from her IG - she wasn't necessarily carrying herself with boatloads of class as of late. Holly Holm was very humble about her victory. She even took a knee next to Ronda when she was on the mat after her not even touching gloves with her, and she didn't say a single bad thing about Ronda post-fight. In my opinion - that's class.

Nov 15, 2015, 1:42 PM

I didn't notice you gave me the attachment to her IG. I agree, she should never posted that on her Instagram that was a bit too much. She was overly excited and that's probably how she lost the fight. I know you didn't call her white trash, but I have seen a couple of people on this board that did call her white trash.

Nov 15, 2015, 1:52 PM

I appreciate you saying what you said sir. There's never any need to use those words or others like them. Enjoy your Sunday! Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2015, 1:55 PM

No problem man! Enjoy yours too and Go Tigers!

Rousey is very athletic, and for lack of better words,

Nov 15, 2015, 12:39 PM

can "fight like a man" much more so than any of her competition up to this point. Enter Holly Holm, a world champion boxer, and a tremendous athlete with a truly superior skill set, and we see the result.

The UFC has some great fighters, for sure, but at the end of the day it's all about creating match ups that will make money, and they borrow more and more from the WWE when promoting fights and particular fighters.

- H. L. Mencken

NOT TIGER FOOTBALL!!!!!

Nov 15, 2015, 12:41 PM

!!!!!!!!!

I know you are new to tigernet

Nov 15, 2015, 1:07 PM

This doesn't belong on the tiger football page. There are plenty other boards here to discuss this topic.

Nov 15, 2015, 1:11 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA, thats funny you waited until AFTER she lost to say "she sucks"

Nov 15, 2015, 1:12 PM

..and didn't even spell her name right when doing it.

It's Ronda Rousey.

Nov 15, 2015, 1:34 PM

Maybe the media can stop some of the Rousey beating Floyd Mayweather mumbo. If Pacman can barely reach his face as quick as he was how was Rousey suppose to accomplish it. I'm one of the guys that
believe that a well schooled boxer can take out these mma guys/gals.I think Holms would of beat her without the kick to be honest

Nov 15, 2015, 1:32 PM

Like her or don't like her; all I know is that if you have sex with her, you better be damm good at it.

no watim sayin?

Yeah but she might be the hottest guy on the planet...

Nov 15, 2015, 1:37 PM

unless you've seen Johnny Depp.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic