Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reykjavik, Oslo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,392

Reykjavik, Oslo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen

Jan 25, 2018, 8:10 AM

In June. Any advice/recommendations?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reykjavik, Oslo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen

Jan 25, 2018, 8:36 AM

Are you an early to bed, or early to rise sort? That will help you decide which side of a hotel you want. The sun will be up a LOT, so prepare accordingly. I was in Holland and Poland in July, different trips...people are out enjoying their summer at all hours. Sun was up by 4:00AM...set after 11:00...and you'll be further north than I was. Should be a blast, though!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wear comfy shoes

Jan 25, 2018, 8:47 AM

Spent some time in Copenhagen. One of the coolest cities on earth IMO. Expensive though. Very.

Carlsberg Brewery is tour you wouldn't regret, although it may be a short bus ride. Public bus system is very clean and easy to use.

Of those,have only been to Coppenhagen

Jan 25, 2018, 9:00 AM

Its been over twenty years, but even then the Carlsberg Brewery tour was a big yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wear comfy shoes

Jan 25, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Wear comfy shoes ]

I will add that to my itinerary.

I spent a few days in Reykjavik last June.

Jan 25, 2018, 8:58 AM

Temps were in the 50s, but the wind coming in from the ocean made it seem like the 30s. Things are expensive there. The people were friendly. Spend some time walking around in the historic district. If you get a chance, go to the Blue Lagoon. And, yes, the sun was up 24 hours straight. So, make sure your hotel room has room darkening curtains.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I have travelled to all in June and the ..........

Jan 25, 2018, 9:02 AM

best advice that I can give you is that it is very cold even in june with temperatures in the mid to high 50’s to low 60’ and rainy. So, dress accordingly. I landed in Reykjavik in late june one year and it was 29 degrees, for example. But while there, venture inland to the real beauty that is iceland like the Blue Lagoon between the airport and Reykjavik. These cities are very similar, but yet have their own charm. In Copenhagen take the hoho canal cruise and see most of the city. Venture outside the city and see the many castles and don’t miss the hippie community of christania. In stockholm, the archipelago is a must see. Hundreds of beautiful little islands on the way out to sea. Anyway, it will be a great trip.

If you see Ragnar

Jan 25, 2018, 9:14 AM

run!

Can you create a full itinerary for me?

Jan 25, 2018, 9:48 AM

that sounds like an awesome trip but I'm too lazy to create one, lol

Re: Reykjavik, Oslo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen

Jan 25, 2018, 10:21 AM

Go to Copenhagen last, and pray for warm weather (75 or above). The local custom regarding tops optional is very impressive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's one expensive trip.

Jan 25, 2018, 10:27 AM

It will even be more with the weak dollar. I would love to take that trip though. That would be probably be the top of mu bucket list. You're stoked.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,392
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic