Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatching the game (again),
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Rewatching the game (again),

Jan 13, 2019, 11:59 AM

2 things come to mind.

Despite what goes on with the rest of that network, I truly enjoy listening to Herbie and Fowler. Fowler does a great job on the play by play whether it’s with his commentary or sometimes lack thereof, letting the play on the field speak for itself.

Second, with about 11:30 left in the second, they went to Tom Rinaldi on the sideline and he mentioned that our defense was getting gassed and all of our front 4 were getting oxygen on the sideline. It was 21-16 at that point. Little did we all know that big, bad Bama had already scored their last points of the night at that point!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holding Bama...

Jan 13, 2019, 12:07 PM

to ZERO points in 2nd half was phenomenal...BV is the best DC in college FB & Clemson is blessed to have him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holding Bama...

Jan 13, 2019, 12:13 PM

really,they were held to zero points for almost 3Q.the last scoring was a FG at the very beginning of the 2nd Q,after that we owned them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Rewatching the game (again),

Jan 13, 2019, 12:07 PM

Yes I like them very much as well. However, I have come to almost equally like Sean McDonough and Todd Blackledge.

Isn't it nice to get the juicy timeslots, best broadcast teams, thus best camera operators/production people for a large number of our games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McDonough is great also...

Jan 13, 2019, 12:21 PM

Love the time his voice cracked and he hit puberty on a Woody Dantzler to JJ McKelvey TD pass against Georgia Tech several years back!

Oxygen

Jan 13, 2019, 12:30 PM

I noticed when Quinnen Williams came out after making a tackle for loss he stood at the sideline and refused water. Didn’t sit, didn’t suck any O2 even though he was gassed. What’s wrong with the Bama trainers that they let that go on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Oxygen

Jan 13, 2019, 12:37 PM

Dunno the answer, but #92 was still in the game on the LAST PLAY, along with several Bama starters. He looked okay to me. I kept looking to see if he was ever gassed, but I never did. Maybe I missed it.

I did find it interesting that even though Bama had absolutely ZERO chance to win late in the 4th, that Saban had his starters still in the game trying to prevent another score, even against our subs. I was amazed at how big his ego must be to prevent his young subs to get into the NC game after knowing it's over. I want to call him names for this, but I'll let his subs do that.

The most befitting and...

Jan 13, 2019, 12:48 PM

and appropriate name for Saban is loser. It's no less than fair and accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Oxygen ]

There’s absolutely no doubt he didn’t want to see a two digit number starting with “5” put up against his team. All that being said if TE/JS had wanted to Saban couldn’t have stopped them. That’s the warm fuzzy I take away from it.

Jan 13, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Oxygen ]

Half of them were just going through the motions on the last drive. #49 Buggs just watched Etienne go by him for the long run. Can't believe Saban didn't have some backups in there giving it 100% effort just on the principle of the thing.

Also, when McKinney had the late hit on Ross out of bounds which gave us huge field position, I don't think anyone gave him an earful. It's like a pro team with no accountability.

Jan 13, 2019, 12:34 PM

How are you watching it? I want to rewatch and not sure where to find it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 12:40 PM

I think LBB had a link to a YOUTUBE video of the SkyCam game, which is awesome to watch IMO. Shout out to LBB for that link. I would expect ESPN3 has replays of the game (up to 7 days, so hurry). But you need an account that has access to view that. I recorded the regular viewing of the game, but again, you would have had to do that.

Jan 13, 2019, 12:42 PM

ESPN3 has these replays currently:
NCAA Football
8:15 PM
Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
8:15 PM
Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
8:00 PM
Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
BlimpCast: Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
DataCenter: Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
All-22: Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
Hometown Radio: Alabama

espn3
TechCast: Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
Hometown Radio: Clemson

espn3
High SkyCam: Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
7:30 PM
Sounds of the Game: Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3
7:30 PM
SkyCam: Clemson vs. Alabama

espn3

Jan 13, 2019, 12:44 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Rewatch-the-ESPN-Megacast-here-(links)-1876383

Jan 13, 2019, 12:50 PM

Muchas gracias!

The funniest part was where Tebow and company

Jan 13, 2019, 1:11 PM

We’re talking about Tua like he was a god with super human abilities and how we wouldnt be able to pressure him, then BAM!...pick six. They just stood there with their jaws hanging open. Priceless.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 1:33 PM

Fowler gets too loud and excited at times, as if he is cheering. Besides that, I agree.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jan 13, 2019, 2:55 PM

Rewatched also. Noticed Alabama lead less than 5 minutes of game time. Remarkable defense after their short-lived lead.

Jan 13, 2019, 3:07 PM

I think it was in the 2nd quarter after our 4th TD one of them says "Clemson on fire!" Man, that sounded good!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic