Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatched the FSU game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

Rewatched the FSU game

Sep 30, 2016, 2:17 PM

it wasn't as lopsided as as the score below are takeaways from both sides of the ball

Offense:

Read option was not ran very well but was aided by large wholes and missed tackles

Lamar often made the wrong read on option but his athleticism and poor positioning by FSU allowed him to break loose

FSU looked like they were not use to playing against a read option team. Their D end lbs looked confused and could not contain LJ even when they were unblocked. They often bit on the inside read instead of containing LJ on the outside

Radcliffe is fast and hits holes well but will not elude many tacklers

Lamar is not as dynamic in clear passing situations he does not escape the pocket well to create more time and missed open receivers

Game plan: Sell out on the run and blitz often to make LJ read the field quickly make him beat us with his arm

Defense:

The 3-4 Defense only works if the NT can eat up blocks to let the LBs make plays. I know this because my favorite team is the Steelers and we have not had a dominant D since big snack Casey Hampton retired nearly a decade ago

FSU OLine was overwhelmed by the blitzs and could not get to the second level on LBs which caused disruption in both the run and pass game

The birds are fast but not stout we will be able to move the line of scrimmage and hopefully just beat them into submission.

The secondary played man defense and practically shut the passing game down because their blitzs worked so well

Outside linebackers look like great pass rushers but we maybe able to exploit their aggression FSU had a few good play calls that got their TE or RB wide open on the edges

Game plan: RUN the ball early and often and use the speed of the defense against them in the passing game.

If both teams play their best we win by 3 TDs

Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rewatched the FSU game

Sep 30, 2016, 2:29 PM

holes*

Sep 30, 2016, 2:43 PM

I could be wrong, but I've watched a little film and noticed one thing.

If you can get him on the move, he's not a great passer in that situation.

His pocket throwing is decent, but there is a big drop of when he is rolling out.

Sep 30, 2016, 2:48 PM

DUDE!!! Our first team O nor our first team D played most of the second half. We just won by 43. FSU scored 10 on our first team!!!

Take it for what its worth!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 2:55 PM

The game was competitive until Francois fumbled and Lamar competed a fluke pass to the WR knees. BTW most of my points are from the first half when the starters were in.

Sep 30, 2016, 2:57 PM

We beat them 64-10 with our first team. I am not sure how you define competitive. FSU did score 10 and that is something I guess.

But.. but.. look how many points we scored!

Sep 30, 2016, 3:14 PM

Look how many points we scored! Look how many points we scored!

Dude you sound like a broken record.

I invite your ignorant, pesky little bird butt to look up Baylor's 2014 & 2015 schedule and outcomes.

Two examples of many teams who put up big numbers only to fall flat on their face eventually.

Now bend over and take what is coming to you like a man-bird

Re: But.. but.. look how many points we scored!

Sep 30, 2016, 3:46 PM

Youre right, because look at how many points we scored and how many yards we gained!!!! LMAO LOOK, JUST LOOK!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 3:50 PM

Awesome...now remind me which dual threat QB has done that to Venable's D in the past 2 years.....

Sep 30, 2016, 4:44 PM

I have a ton of respect for BV. The only way he slows Lamar is if he brings lots of kryptonite. LOL
Lamar is faster than a locomotive and can leap tall buildings in a single bound!!!! Havent you watched us play? Well if not youll be introduced tomorrow!!! Good Luck!

Sure, heard it all before my friend.

Sep 30, 2016, 5:21 PM

Ask Brad Kaaya, Baker Mayfield, Braxton Miller etc. etc. how that worked out for them.

I'm actually a little worried for your boy Lamar. He looks a little small to me for a division 1-A QB. If he takes a good hit from any of our DLine guys, which he is extremely likely to do, he won't be fairing very well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha***

Sep 30, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: But.. but.. look how many points we scored! ]

Sep 30, 2016, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

In a little over two quarters Lamar alone matched Troy's total offense of their entire team. They played you to within 6 in DV. Thats what I been saying fellas if your whole team played against Lamar by himself you winning by 6 is a fair assessment. Since you gotta play the entire team hard to see how you win. hahaha Sorry getting a little goofy after trying to respond to all the nonsense today!!!

JK Heres to a good game GO CARDS!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 2:58 PM

Using a Noon game in death valley against a 'test' team isn't really a good measuring stick to go by.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:07 PM

Night day SC KY in the snow in the rain whatever!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

Dude...our 2nd string D was in within the 2nd drive of the 1st quarter vs Troy, and backups and 3rd string played practically all of the 2nd half...but you keep mentioning it.

Not too bright, are you? I can play this game too....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:10 PM

OK great point. Just expect to deal with a defeat tomorrow night. Least this way you arent so disappointed.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:15 PM

I really feel bad for you. FSU being overrated really has skewed your thinking. We'll see how you feel around half time.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Who-snaps-Troy-15141

1st string:
DT Christian Wilkins – 63
DT Carlos Watkins – 44
DT Scott Pagano – 28
DE Clelin Ferrell – 50
LB Ben Boulware – 43
CB Ryan Carter – 34
LB Dorian O’Daniel – 18
S Jadar Johnson – 79
LB Kendall Joseph – 71
CB Cordrea Tankersley – 71
DB Van Smith – 79

2nd string/backups:
DE Richard Yeargin – 29
DT Dexter Lawrence – 41
DT Albert Huggins – 16
CB Mark Fields – 36
LB J.D. Davis – 12
CB Marcus Edmond – 38
LB Tre Lamar – 12
DE Chris Register – 16
S/LB Korrin Wiggins – 21
LB Jalen Williams – 41

3rd string:
DB Trayvon Mullen – 9
DB K’Von Wallace – 18

Sep 30, 2016, 3:20 PM

I feel horrible. LMAO We only beat them by 43 points. So I assume you will have no excuses when you get bent over our need tomorrow right? :)

Clemson has never beaten FSU by 43. However to make sure you get credit you did beat SC St by 59. Thats worth something right?

Most entertainment I have posting ever!!! Thanks fellas.

Well I guess we should go on and hand UL the title since....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:24 PM

They beat FSU by 43. No point in playing the rest of the season now.

Re: Well I guess we should go on and hand UL the title since....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:36 PM

Well if you will it will give us more time to prepare for Duke!! haha

Sep 30, 2016, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

FSU's D has never been ranked #59 in defense playing Clemson either. What's your point?

Sep 30, 2016, 3:37 PM

Hey dont take my word for it!!!!

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/louisville-clemson-point-spread-odds-betting-line-preview-game-time-092916

Last year Clemson only beat the gamecocks by 5.

Sep 30, 2016, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

Yet we made it to the national championship game.

Go ask Baylor and the ducks how they feel about scoring lots of points.

lol what did I just read ??***

Sep 30, 2016, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

kudos to you for being persistent.....

Sep 30, 2016, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

Many landthieves came over to Tnet prior to last year's OB, touting Mayfield, Perine, Mixon, and the vast numbers that the OU offense had amassed. They even took the first drive of the game 75 yards for a score. In the end, they didn't have to play four quarters either. But for a way different reason than they expected.

Good Luck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: kudos to you for being persistent.....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:01 PM

They also like this guy, never had enough guts to come back and eat crow....how do the French say it...having a little oui oui. ^_^

Sep 30, 2016, 3:06 PM

I promise if i dish it I #### well can eat it I will be back with huge congratulations!! You can take that to the bank!!!

So, where are you?

Oct 2, 2016, 12:34 PM

???

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 30, 2016, 3:01 PM [ in reply to kudos to you for being persistent..... ]

OKay!!! I came over to have a little fun. But if you want me to say Clemson will win, I am not gonna do it. Louisville will win convincingly. I do however hope you win the rest of the season.

wow. i love good friendly banter as well. Good Luck to you.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:04 PM

I sure hope you are coming to the game.

We may get blown out. You may get surprised.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow. i love good friendly banter as well. Good Luck to you.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:05 PM

Its all strictly and only in fun!!! We are really #### good though!!!

So is Clemson.....***

Sep 30, 2016, 3:06 PM

Re: So is Clemson.....***

Sep 30, 2016, 3:09 PM

I have said nothing less. I will say it again. Clemson is good. What upset people is that Clemson is good but just not as good as we are.

I am not telling you or anyone what to think or believe. I am just telling you what to expect!!!

What's your jersey #? all this we stuff....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:10 PM

I want to see your contribution.

Re: What's your jersey #? all this we stuff....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:11 PM

Fortunately we wont need my contribution!! hahah lol :)~

That's good to know.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:13 PM

I'll have someone to blame for your loss Saturday night.

Re: That's good to know.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:16 PM

Early second qtr i suspect many of you will be having a W T F moment.

I'm glad you already know what that is....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:17 PM

your experience will matter.

Re: I'm glad you already know what that is....

Sep 30, 2016, 3:21 PM

HEHE!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

So you keep going to this crap about your 1st team offense didn't play most of the second half. Then how is it that Jackson and Radcliff both scored a Td in the 4th quarter. That would mean they played most of the second half. Maybe the canary needs to sit back while real football is being played and not just listening to your husband spouting off stats that you don't quite understand.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right...we should just call the game off...

Sep 30, 2016, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

No point in playing...

I will take it for what's it's worth, which isn't much.

Be proud of the throttling, but don't make stuff up. Jackson and Radliff scored the 2 4th Q TDs and Harvey-Clemons made two tackles on FSU's last TD drive (with FSUs backups in as well...Cosentino in at QB and cook out at RB).

Again--that's a minor quibble given the final score--was a complete demolition and well deserved ranking. You should be confident, but don't need to exaggerate and make stuff up (I'm just reading the box score...maybe those were only 3 starters left...well, 4...Starting safety had pick in 4th as well).

All that said...do you believe you will beat every team on the rest of your schedule and most by 40? Can you name last time a team has done that? You probably can't and therefore...are you insinuating, after 4 games, that this is the greatest college football team of all time?

I'd assume not--so...let's remember we have an ok qb, quite a bit of talent at every position ourselves (more future NFL players in total), a very strong defense (very strong), probably the best DC in college football (in top 2-3 at worst) and a tough environment to play in and, as home underdogs as big of a chip on our shoulders going into Saturday night as your Cards had going into the L'ville game.

But yeah, dude...you're right. We should probably just cancel.

Re: You're right...we should just call the game off...

Sep 30, 2016, 3:43 PM

Well someone better get on the horn to Coach P they are on boarding. Rumor up here has it that Lamar had 512 total yards of offense and 7 Tdsbefore getting our of the parking lot just practicing. lol

Sep 30, 2016, 3:49 PM

that's clearly what you think...hope your team thinks same. Will be a rude awakening in about 28 hours.

Sep 30, 2016, 4:41 PM

Why? We are going to win!!! Thought you knew!!!

FSU

Sep 30, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

is a joke

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: FSU

Sep 30, 2016, 4:41 PM

Funny you say that since you havent played them yet!!!

Re: FSU

Sep 30, 2016, 4:45 PM

I the words of Desmond Howard of the 4 halves that FSU has played against good team only 1 was good the ready have been hot garbage.

LJ is poor man's Watson

Sep 30, 2016, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

Nm

kinda like ole beau. pay attention coots - this is how you

Sep 30, 2016, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

troll...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU's defense is hot garbage. Especially with their best

Sep 30, 2016, 2:48 PM

player out.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: FSU's defense is hot garbage. Especially with their best

Sep 30, 2016, 2:59 PM

Dude come one even with the best D player in college football out FSUs D is tough Demarcus Walker, Pugh, Christmas, Nnandi. I guess you have to say they are hot garabage since we sliced them like warm cream cheese. I am sure their fans are gonna say the same about you all after tomorrow. Its fans being fans!!!

You missed the Ole Miss and USF games?

Sep 16, 2015, 4:11 PM

They suck.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: You missed the Ole Miss and USF games?

Sep 30, 2016, 3:13 PM

I tell you what we can table that until 10/29 when you have your shot. We already had ours!!

Sep 30, 2016, 3:24 PM

I'm sure you'd be favored by 40 if you played FSU again.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:38 PM

Nah maybe -1. haha sorry if your buttons out there and all well Iam gonna push it. hahaha

Sep 30, 2016, 3:40 PM

My buttons don't get pushed. You obviously don't know me. You know you're being obtuse so I'm glad you recognize it.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:44 PM

Well its unfortunate you dont see the difference in being obtuse and having some fun the day before a big game!!! Lighten up buttercup!!!

How about we table it until Sunday...

Sep 30, 2016, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: You missed the Ole Miss and USF games? ]

You're way beyond confident, well into cocky territory...

That was one day and it was impressive, but I'm not ready to crown the Cards as GOAT, just yet. I think they are beatable and we're not a bad squad.

Re: How about we table it until Sunday...

Sep 30, 2016, 3:40 PM

I promise you I am not. Everything I said he is back up with stats and facts. If I were cocky I would be making up crap which I have not.

Re: How about we table it until Sunday...

Sep 30, 2016, 3:44 PM

You are also skewing stats....but hey, who is counting. Again, nice talk about yards...what were the D's ranked? Total, passing, rushing....oh that's right, that doesn't matter to you. Irrelevant. Where have I heard this before?

Here are the stats!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 4:48 PM

Our D is ranked 18th. What am I skewing? Here fellas look for yourself.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/

www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/36

Re: Here are the stats!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 5:04 PM

Read this entire post...and I have one question for Beauxregard....

Dude, How old are you?? Does your Mom know you've gone over your screen time?

Re: Here are the stats!!!

Sep 30, 2016, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Here are the stats!!! ]

No here are the real stats.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

The S&P+ Ratings are a college football ratings system derived from both play-by-play and drive data from all 800+ of a season's FBS college football games (and 140,000+ plays).

The components for S&P+ reflect the components of four of what Bill Connelly has deemed the Five Factors of college football: efficiency, explosiveness, field position, and finishing drives. (A fifth factor, turnovers, is informed marginally by sack rates, the only quality-based statistic that has a consistent relationship with turnover margins.)

S&P:
Louisville #4, Clemson #5 (Overall)
Offense: Louisville #1, Clemson #63
Defense: Louisville #23, Clemson #1
ST: Louisville #107, Clemson #73

Defensively they've played:
Louisville: Marshall #63, FSU #68, Syracuse #101, Charlotte #122
Clemson: Auburn #20, Troy #67, SC State (non-FBS, NR), GT #25

Offensively, they've played:
Louisville: Marshall #76, FSU #4, Syracuse #36, Charlotte #107
Clemson: Auburn #51, Troy #68, SC State (non-FBS, NR), GT #89

So as I said, while we haven't faced an offense like Louisville yet, Louisville sure hasn't played anywhere close to a defense like Clemson either.

F+/FEI Stats:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei

The Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI) considers each of the nearly 20,000 possessions every season in major college football. All drives are filtered to eliminate first-half clock-kills and end-of-game garbage drives and scores. A scoring rate analysis of the remaining possessions then determines the baseline possession efficiency expectations against which each team is measured. A team is rewarded for playing well against good teams, win or lose, and is punished more severely for playing poorly against bad teams than it is rewarded for playing well against bad teams.
FEI: Clemson #2, Louisville #8
F+: Clemson #3, Louisville #5

You did make stuff up...

Sep 30, 2016, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: How about we table it until Sunday... ]

Said first team O and D barely played in 2nd half and your first team O was still on field on last TD.

And at least some of first team D was on field for last FSU TD....

Those are facts--box score backs it up as does video.

Sep 30, 2016, 2:57 PM

Hey Boleregard, Jackson was still playing in the 4 th against FSU and Marshall, you going to learn what a real defense looks like Saturday night, the Valley will be Rocking and Jackson going to get Rocked, come on back Sunday, don't be like them Sooner fans and run your mouth before the game then disappear when its over. Go Tigers!

Sep 30, 2016, 3:03 PM

LJ didnt play any in 4th against FSU and he played one set of downs against Marshall in which he scored a TD. Hows that benefit your argument? I dont get it. lol

Sep 30, 2016, 3:27 PM

he scored a TD in the 4th quarter, bud...it's right in the box score.

and radcliff scored the 2nd TD in the 4th and your D starters show up in the box score making an INT and tackles well into 4th (including FSU's TD drive).

That's all meaningless, in my opinion...you beat them by 43. Just stick with that and don't try to make it seem like something more than it was.

You beat FSU by 43...enough said, whether your starters played a quarter or all 4. Just leave it be--it stands on it's own. You look silly when you make those statements and it's right in the box score on your very own site.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

Sorry I forgot LJ did score two tds in 4th qtr against FSU. I think I wnet to wash my car or vacuum by that time. I cant remember. My apologizies.

You wash your own car?***

Sep 30, 2016, 3:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You wash your own car?***

Sep 30, 2016, 3:14 PM

Sometimes. In the fourth qtr of the FSU game I may have been cutting my toe nails. It wasnt that memorable!!! haha

Please bring facts.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatched the FSU game ]

Petrino padding LJ's numbers for sure.

That's a good read. Thanks and I hope you're spot on

Sep 30, 2016, 3:29 PM

I hope there were no "wholes" in your analogy :)

Re: That's a good read. Thanks and I hope you're spot on

Sep 30, 2016, 3:41 PM

I dont get it!!!!

Re: That's a good read. Thanks and I hope you're spot on

Sep 30, 2016, 6:22 PM

Yall quit arguing with this 12 year old , I remember the first time we beat FSU .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic