Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatched game & Carman blocked Chase by himself all game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,431

Rewatched game & Carman blocked Chase by himself all game

Jan 3, 2020, 5:04 PM

Chased lined up against Carman about 70% of the time and Anchrum about 30%. Anchrum did a pretty good job as well but we chipped Chase a few times when he lined up on the right side. There was once where I saw Carman and Simpson combo block him because only a few guys rushed, but besides that one time, Carman got no help at all. The coaches also did a good job in some of the play calls where Chase couldn't be much of factor. In the 4th quarter tOSU stop moving Chase around and he was pretty much exclusively lined up verses Carman down the stretch. He was a none factor. See for yourself in this somewhat abbreviated version of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGmav9db7XQ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rewatched game & Carman blocked Chase by himself all game

Jan 3, 2020, 5:52 PM

Thank you! Excellent post. Exactly the information I was looking for. I posted a few minutes ago asking this very question. I had seen conflicting answers but this settles it. So after all that hype, not a word from the media praising our defense. Figures.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is his only move the outside speed rush?

Jan 3, 2020, 6:34 PM

Appeared ineffective on any inside stunts.
Was often just pushed wide on the speed rush (with QB stepping up in pocket).

Only time he got close was if the tackle whiffed at cutting out his knees. Young was too fast for that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 7:28 PM

Great points!!!

The lie you hear about the game is that we doubled & tripled

Jan 3, 2020, 7:43 PM

teamed Chase a lot in the game like past opponents. As you can see, that was not the case at all. A chip and a combo block here or there but 90% of the time he was singled up against a tackle during the game and he couldn't win. It's kind of what I figured would happen. Caldwell is notorious for not helping his lineman. He's a sink or swim kind of coach. He'd rather replace a lineman mid-game with a guy on the bench for being ineffective than scheme up something to help a lineman out.

Jan 3, 2020, 9:49 PM

To see the full impact of Chase Young in the game, watch the TL run the play immediately after the Simmons interception. We don't block Young at all and he ends up just watching TL run by.

Jan 4, 2020, 9:12 AM

But he's all world, darn near Heisman, best player since, uh, kinda reminds us of all world Queenie Williams with Alabama last year...Mitch Hyatt took great care with the best defensive lineman in all of College Football...Queenie got drafted and Hyatt went on the practice squad with Dallas! If you don't think the media makes up all this **** just watch the tape....Williams spent the whole game sucking oxygen on the sidelines and looking frustrated! If Williams was all world then our whole defensive line was out of the solar system!

Jan 4, 2020, 9:20 AM

Chase was invited to NYC for the Heisman presentation. He was described throughout the months of September and October as 'the best player in all of college football.' In the weeks before our game with the Buckeyes the constant question was 'How will Clemson block Chase?'

It turns out the offensive line who regularly blocked Cle, Christian, Dexter, Bryant and Huggins had seen and played against better players in practice for a couple of years. So they blocked Chase the same way they blocked Cle. And Chase is not the player Cle is.

I like it that Jackson Carman again got a laugh at the expense of Ohio State University. Carman chose Clemson; he's a smart guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After the last snap (game clock at 21 seconds)

Jan 4, 2020, 9:45 AM

there was a quick shot of Carman and Young talking/shaking hands. Looked to me like they both gained some respect for one another and wished each other well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 9:53 AM

Dumb Mike Golic tweeted several weeks ago:
“NFL lineman: how do you block Chase Young?” He went on to say: “the answer is, you can’t!”

Jackson Carman says Hi!!

Jan 4, 2020, 11:37 AM

I did the same thing earlier this week and just watched the Chase Young matchup every play, they moved him from right end to left end because he was largely ineffective when matched against Carman, Carman deserves alot of credit that I don't see anywhere (but here). He had a little more success on the left side, but those were hurries and he did get to club TL when Wade speared him (he ws the second guy)...

All in all successful day for 79 and the entire O-line.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 11:38 AM

No. 41 for OSU got juked out his jock by Trevor on the long run. He was also the one who got fooled on the run-Pass to ETN on our last TD Drive.

Jan 4, 2020, 11:55 AM

The slippery field helped Trevor quite a bit, but we'll take it. ;)

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic