Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Retired Andrew Luck
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Retired Andrew Luck

Aug 25, 2019, 12:58 AM

Hurt, tired, emotional and booed by Colts' fans. I wish him the best. Two expectations moving forward:

1) Life just got easier for DW4 and Nuk to win division or wild card if Houston can find a blocker and RB.

2) I look for Luck to come back in a year and healthy with another franchise -- expect trade will have to be involved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Retired Andrew Luck

Aug 25, 2019, 7:35 AM

SocMan2® said:

Hurt, tired, emotional and booed by Colts' fans. I wish him the best. Two expectations moving forward:

1) Life just got easier for DW4 and Nuk to win division or wild card if Houston can find a blocker and RB.

2) I look for Luck to come back in a year and healthy with another franchise -- expect trade will have to be involved.

I don't think Luck is coming back to play football. In Luck's words "injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab, and it's been unceasing, unrelenting, both in-season and off-season, and I felt stuck in it. The only way I see out is to no longer play football."

I think he is mentally done with playing football and has made a wise decision to get on with life after football. Luck recently got married, has a ton of money in the bank, a degree from Stanford - dude has a whole other world waiting for him that will quickly fill any "voids" left by not playing football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And has a child on the way...***

Aug 25, 2019, 5:18 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 8:02 AM

I definitely don't see him coming back. He would have been successful with or without football. He will move on to other things. It will be interesting. He has an engineering degree from Stanford. He is no dummy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football is why many know Andrew Luck...

Aug 25, 2019, 8:15 AM

But, football never defined him. It's a part of his life, but it was never to be his life. He sent out the first, obvious clue when he returned to Stanford for his senior year.

Those fans who booed him...simply sad from their sick, sad little worlds....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football is why many know Andrew Luck...

Aug 25, 2019, 9:08 AM

Agreed. On a different note, it will be interesting to see if Chad Kelly ends up their starter one day.

Aug 25, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Retired Andrew Luck ]

The really smart ones get as much money as they can to start a future in the real world, and they don't give a crap about chasing records trying to be the best ever was. The ones that do chase those records, they are so crippled up by the time they retire, they are barely able to get out of bed in the morning, and they go through the day drinking and taking drugs attempting to get their bodies out of pain from all the record chasing injuries!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 9:30 AM

Very true. Probably already made 80 million or something crazy.

Aug 25, 2019, 11:21 AM

Carl I'm sure he has made at least that much if you want to count NFL salary and endorsements for the 6 years he played NFL FB, 4 years of college FB Equals 10 years of college and NFL defenses trying to tear his head off every time they get near him before he releases the ball. He will spend a lifetime of waking up everyday of the rest of his life with those aches and pains bc he hasn't went scott free those 10 years without getting a little beat and banged up, but, he will be a whole lot better off body wise than a Brett Favre, or a Tom Brady, and others that has spent 10-15 years playing NFL FB. Andrew Luck IMO, He is one of the smartest ones to have played in the NFL. I pray that our DW4 will leave the NFL after his next contract, and he can if he holds out to get one of those elite NFL QB contracts with the next one he signs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 10:28 AM

DW life easier? My gawd he is gonna be running for his dang life. O'Brian sure is no fan of blocking it seems. If DW4 makes it all year without IR it will be a miracle.

Aug 25, 2019, 5:40 PM

I wish him luck.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 6:15 PM

Luck retiring give Bad Chad a chance to actually make that team SMH

Just checked the depth chart and Swag is #3 now

Aug 25, 2019, 6:43 PM

Call me crazy but I could see him starting some games this season.

Oh and for all you Texans fans, Lamar Miller just tore his ACL..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 6:48 PM

The dood majored in Architecture, so if that is his passion, how would like starting out with about 20 mil (just guessing .... maybe more) and doing what you want to do. I am guessing he is darn good at it and will be successful in that endeavor as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was making well over $20 mil a year and doesn't seem like

Aug 25, 2019, 6:57 PM

the type to have blown it already. Colts' owner claims he is walking away from half a billion dollars:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1165462468577173504

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic