Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Restaurants should be able to open back up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Restaurants should be able to open back up

Apr 10, 2020, 12:21 PM

Maybe change their seating arrangements and take reservations over than phone rather than walk-in seating to avoid crowds.

This is ridiculous that we are going to put thousands of them out of business when social distancing can be easily achieved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't you order takeout...

Apr 10, 2020, 12:23 PM

and leave big tip?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why can't you order takeout...

Apr 10, 2020, 2:56 PM

Speaking of big tips, I used to circumcize elephants for a living.

Apr 10, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Why can't you order takeout... ]

:) I actually did that a couple of weeks ago. I drove thru at Pizza Hut, got my pizza, and left a tip. The girl taking the money looked confused as I drove off. Not sure how they handle those tips though as there are several people responsible for the completion of your order.

Apr 11, 2020, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Why can't you order takeout... ]

Most restaurants are only doing a fraction of their normal business, so they are operating with skeleton crew.

This creates a cycle of poor service: inadequate staffing, insufficient prep, limited inventory, long wait times for customers. Now granted, most of us are not in a hurry; but very few restaurants are designed to serve a high volume thru drive thru or carryout.

I picked up lunch today from a Mexican place, tipping 35% on a takeout order. Other than the "open" sign, they had no lights on in the dining room. They also refused to allow me to sit at a wooden table on their deck to eat like they did last week. So I ate in my car in their parking lot using the plastic utensils they charged .75 for.

Some restaurants wouldn't fare any better than they are now if you opened the economy on a limited basis. Some would. But many need a predictable and busy marketplace in order to operate with enough efficiency to break even. And very few restaurants can attain even a 10% profit margin during the good times.

Re: Restaurants should be able to open back up

Apr 10, 2020, 12:25 PM

Yir just ready to get back to dining area trash detail and away from the drive through window, amIright??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get back to work coot. You’ve got another customer at the window***

Apr 10, 2020, 12:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smack

Apr 10, 2020, 9:35 PM

Down

Apr 10, 2020, 12:40 PM

Apr 10, 2020, 2:54 PM

Interesting .
Your last post was what I thought was the apex of your dimwitted input on this board .

You got me again .
I stand corrected by you're very nature .
You're definitely Full-Coot .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 11, 2020, 2:13 AM

I like all of your dim witted replies. These are people’s lives at stake and you wanna make a joke about what he said? Take a look in the mirror and tell me if you want families hurting and hungry.

Apr 11, 2020, 2:34 AM

a little levity does not hurt in these stressful times. And keep in mind who he is replying to.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2020, 2:36 AM

Tell that to some families. And I realize who he is replying to. But this is not a subject to open comedy hour in late night.

I’ve been here since 96. I started when if was a #### site and you had to add the 2 to get the real site.

Got a new user name in 98. I’ve seen the best of them and the worst of them. Got us a sorry bunch of a$$ holes now.

Apr 11, 2020, 2:40 AM

some, you mean the ones still eating in restaurants?

and if you want to see Aholes on the internet, head over to 8chan some time and click on the general forum.

Apr 11, 2020, 2:54 AM

No I mean the ones who are breaking their backs trying not to starve, getting evicted, getting utilities turned off, making car payments, phones cut off, affording basic needs. That’s the people that are being made fun of. Not GBDF.

I would like to know. Out of all of you that made jokes about this post: what the hell are you doing to help your community? I’m not saying that you have not but let’s see.

Roll call.

Apr 11, 2020, 2:58 AM

True, a lot of people forget that there have been massive layoffs. I had forgotten myself.

Apr 11, 2020, 3:05 AM

I guess that’s what true Americans are about regardless of circumstances. Help people pay bills, buy groceries, cash to others in need. This stimulus money is going to help, at least God I hope so. The community and churches will have to do the rest.

Apr 11, 2020, 3:11 AM

We always do seem to put our differences aside, climb out of our red and blue uniforms, and come together whenever there is a real crisis at hand.

Apr 11, 2020, 3:19 AM

Yep forget the blame and focus on the solution.

You got that right.

Apr 11, 2020, 2:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Restaurants should be able to open back up ]

I’m not looking for them there. I’m looking for them here since 1996.

Apr 11, 2020, 6:50 AM

So I would have to assume by your response that you are the one who felt the need to TD everyone for their responses to a a guy who constantly trolls our board and has had at least 4 handles in the last year alone 3 of which have been banned. It’s not that I mind the OP because I’ve had fun with him a few times. I often open his posts and laugh. Some people like to mess with each other in fun on here. Is that OK with you? Nobody on this thread is downplaying the fact that people are suffering financially right now. I just got done donating to help feed people yesterday. I have been very blessed to be able to keep a job while about 90% of my coworkers have been out of work. It’s not something I take lightly and my response had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I actually agree with the OP. My response to him was related to a post he made earlier yesterday which apparently got removed. I get where you’re coming from Rock but I think you overreacted by not understanding what’s going on here with the OP. You can TD everyone and I will just TU everyone including you and the OP because I could care less. There is absolutely nothing on this thread that suggests to me that anyone is insensitive to the crisis that people in our nation are facing. Have an awesome day and I hope that you stay safe.

Apr 11, 2020, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Restaurants should be able to open back up ]

Thanks Balm . I'll support your business just as soon as the IRS releases you from that audit .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 11, 2020, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Restaurants should be able to open back up ]

There's a very legitimate and very important reason for thise restrictions , and no I don't want for people to suffer needlessly as this thing plays out .
I'm not a fan of either scenario as I am sure you're not , but my reply to the Coot ( who sows division and peddles ignorance with nearly every post he makes ) was pointing out how foolish I believe it would be to do what he thinks we should do .
It's too early , listen to the experts and not politicians and conspiratorialists .
I'll be spending my money in the local community when the time comes , but right now is not that time .
You disagree ? Out of respect ...
I didn't make any jokes since you seem sort of put off by that .

DB23

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic