Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Respect check
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Respect check

Feb 3, 2019, 1:35 AM

In 2014, OSU won the NC and so, was preseason #1 in 2015
In 2015, Bama won the NC and so, was preseason #1 in 2016
In 2016, Clemson won the NC and so, Bama was preseason #1 in 2017???? What?
In 2017, Bama won the NC and so, Bama was preseason #1 in 2018
In 2018, Clemson won the NC and so, who will be preseason #1 in 2019?

Will the voters dis Lawrence like they dissed Deshaun? Will they just ignore our crushing victory and write it off as just another fluke? At what point will we get resepect for playing in 3 of the last 4 NC and winning 2 of the last 3? Will we be the gigantic invisible elephant (oh, the irony) in the room while pundits slobber over themselves praising the team we slaughtered 44-16 all year long? How many times can ESPN fawn over Bama, while we sit silently, crouched in the corner, ready to pounce on and thrash them yet again? Eventually the pundits just look stupid ignoring us for their golden child. Will next year be the year WE become the measuring stick, and not Bama?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know ....

Feb 3, 2019, 1:40 AM

.... Fordtunate ... but #2 is OK with me... we seem to do quite well from that position!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Respect check

Feb 3, 2019, 5:45 AM

I mean, we'll see, but I can guarantee if we're not preseason #1, it won't be because anyone is dissing TLaw, lol. As far as I can tell, the entire world has anointed him as one of the best of all time. There are a couple questions, but he ain't one of them.

And I also agree with the point of #2 not being so bad. Being #1 hasn't exactly been the ticket to a championship in this CFP era...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody expected Clemson to beat the greatest team ever

Feb 3, 2019, 6:06 AM

except every Clemson player, coach, and fan. (and narduzzi)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I usually give very little weight to all the

Feb 3, 2019, 7:27 AM

preseason polls, preferring to await our first game.

Then, I follow Dabo's lead, taking one game at a time. Now, I'm more interested in Spring and Summer weather and planning a trip to Texas, all of which makes for less worrisome days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I usually give very little weight to all the

Feb 3, 2019, 7:37 AM

As long as you are Power 5 and start really anywhere in the too 10 it makes no difference. From a motivation factor it benefits us to start lower. So who cares.

Lastly no CFP No1 has ever won. So...

3 seed's never won it either***

Feb 3, 2019, 7:41 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Respect check

Feb 3, 2019, 8:25 AM

How exactly did the voters diss Deshaun? To start the season we had plenty of question marks on offensive including replacing Deshaun. Stop looking for things to get offended about.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic