Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Respect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Respect

Nov 25, 2018, 7:46 AM

Okay, our Defense didn't play well. But let's give this guy, Bentley, some respect. Sure, we made him look pretty silly in previous years and he's made himself look silly, but he has improved. In fact, if you check QB stats, he's had a very good year. Completion percentage is not too far off from Trevor's. I discount total yards passing for a few reasons, but primarily because Trevor had to share duties with he who shall not be mentioned and he was benched a lot later in games. This wasn't the beat down that anyone expected, and for me that's a combination of our defensive play AND Bentley playing a great game. Our offense did what they were supposed to do. Yes, we looked good, but I wouldn't be beating on my chest too much given the quality of that SCAR defense. We could have hung 70 on them if our defense had played a little better and Jake would have went back to being the old Jake. I'm not a coot, but the outcome of this game also had to do with the lack of respect everyone (T-Netters, media coverage, fans, etc.) afforded the chickens. I'm sure our coaching staff teaches our players to respect the opponent, but I suspect some of our players took this game too lightly. Bentley and the SCAR offense fought harder than the Clemson defense - bottom line. As time was expiring, Bentley was trying to get off another play - that showed me how competitive he is. And I also suspect that he wanted to narrow that margin of victory. He earned my respect last night and I suspect that he has earned the respect of our defense. I'm not worried about our Tigers - I expect that we will beat Pitt handily come Saturday. And I suspect the issues on Defense will be about as temporary as a gamecock win streak. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Respect

Nov 25, 2018, 7:50 AM

F that 5 head goof ball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 7:55 AM

Nah....but you go ahead and give Bentley some respect. He didn't give us any when we beat them two years ago by the biggest margin ever. He just said we weren't that much better if better at all. So, I'll just hang on to my respect and give it when I think its deserved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's great. Still hasn't won a big game or anything...

Nov 25, 2018, 8:01 AM

meaningful. Keep floppin'

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 8:26 AM

earned nothing from me. we played bad defensively and made him look better than he is. it was pretty annoying at times the lapses in coverage and refusal to wrap up when tackling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic