Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Goodbye Urban Meyer?!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 5,473

Goodbye Urban Meyer?!!!!

Aug 1, 2018, 10:48 AM

Breaking news!! Meyer knew about domestic violence of coach against wife. Might get fired

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Goodbye Urban Meyer?!!!!

Aug 1, 2018, 10:52 AM

I guess Dabo was right about him not being there long...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 12:59 PM

Folks, we know this type of behavior is normal for OSU coaches... give that man a Woody Award!

And OSU has as many excuse as points in the Fiesta Bowl.

Despite that, OSU is only 3rd worst in the ethics bowl for the B10 with the current and forever champ PedState followed closely by the Mich State "pelvic sparties"

Aug 1, 2018, 10:52 AM

Not hardly. They will protect him if they can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 10:54 AM

You’re probably right. Whole state behind him

Football W’s are more important

Aug 1, 2018, 10:57 AM

Than morality to those people. Doubt he gets fired but basically confirms what we already knew which was that he is human scum that only cares about winning. Bet he’s best friends with Greg McElroy

Re: Football W’s are more important

Aug 1, 2018, 11:56 AM

I only care about winning if we're being honest, in most things .
Am I also human scum ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 1, 2018, 12:20 PM

If you would knowingly let a man continually kick the crap out of his wife to put out underachieving WR talent I would call you human scum as well.

Aug 1, 2018, 2:04 PM

So just the winning obsession isn't a scum qualifier ? … got it .

Agree on the beating of women and children and also weak men … no place for that in our highly evolved and civilized society .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

As a Tugboat Driver...

Aug 1, 2018, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Football W’s are more important ]

Bilge scum would be apropos! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Tugboat Driver...

Aug 1, 2018, 2:01 PM

This man knows his scums ^

DB23

Aug 1, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Goodbye Urban Meyer?!!!! ]

I don't think so...not in this current social climate. There will of course be a bunch of dummies on Twitter & message boards defending him, but I find it very difficult to believe people of power will be able to turn a blind eye to this or defend it in any way.

Ohio State is going to have to do a full investigation into this to see if these accusations are true. If they are true, I think we'll see Urban fired immediately.

Ohio will site uga vs morality and quickly push a law prohibiting any

Aug 1, 2018, 10:57 AM

Investigations against Ohio st.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I would be surprised if he gets fired over this

Aug 1, 2018, 11:06 AM

unless more gets uncovered when people start digging into this.

The only way they fire him is if he loses to Hardball's

Aug 1, 2018, 11:07 AM

crappy football team this year. Or he will fake another heart attach and leave like he did at UF

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Re: The only way they fire him is if he loses to Hardball's

Aug 1, 2018, 11:15 AM

thought it was a brain attach.

Aug 1, 2018, 11:14 AM

I cant wait to see how eetigerstripe tries to defend him

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 1, 2018, 11:36 AM

If he actually knew about it and lied, firing him also would be the right thing to do. Beating on a woman can not be excepted in todays society by anyone, and especially by professionals in the public eye.

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Football-Urban-Meyer-knew-of-domestic-abuse-allegations-against-Zach-Smith-120268769/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure it'll get him fired, but idk

Aug 1, 2018, 11:42 AM

If this had happened 5-10 years ago I'd say he'd definitely be safe, but in today's climate with social media mobs, I could see them having to fire him, especially if this gets any worse.

Re: Not sure it'll get him fired, but idk

Aug 1, 2018, 2:27 PM

How much worse could it get bc, he was just ask about one of his assistants abusing their wife, and his answered right then was that he didn't know of it happening when he absolutely did. When you know that something wrong is happening with one of your employee's and you do nothing to see if you can help solve those issues, you're as much as condoning it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 11:47 AM

https://thespun.com/news/brett-mcmurphy-urban-meyer-zach-smith-allegations

An interesting side note to this story is that neither ESPN

Aug 1, 2018, 12:01 PM

or Fox Sports have any mention of this story on their websites, while MANY other sports sites do. My guess is ESPN and Fox are weighing their options closely as not to upset Urban / OSU.

Well ESPN layed McMurphy off and apparently has him

Aug 1, 2018, 12:17 PM

under some type of non-compete right now that's preventing him from signing on with anyone else. That's probably playing a role in them not reporting the story. I don't know about Fox.

Re: Well ESPN layed McMurphy off and apparently has him

Aug 1, 2018, 12:22 PM

The B1G network is opperated by Fox

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Resigned?

Aug 1, 2018, 2:01 PM

https://twitter.com/OhioStAlhletics/status/1024715326393647106

Re: Resigned?

Aug 1, 2018, 2:03 PM

^^^or is that a fake account???

Re: Well ESPN layed McMurphy off and apparently has him

Aug 1, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Well ESPN layed McMurphy off and apparently has him ]

Didn't Disney just buy out all of Fox sports and all TV viewing connected to Fox?

Re: Goodbye Urban Meyer?!!!! He still has the Drs. note

Aug 1, 2018, 12:03 PM

from Fla. Can claim health

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 12:19 PM

Please, UM could have been there with a bucket of popcorn watching and they would protect him.

Aug 1, 2018, 2:06 PM

In an interview she states she never told Urban and never heard of anyone that told Urban other than once in 2009 and Urban and his wife came over and made him go to counseling and Urban contacted the AD or "his boss" about the issue and that's all that came out of it. The victim never told Urban she states after that. Once it was brought into light and Urban obviously knew he fired his coach. That's all it's going to take for Urban to keep his job, there's his safety net because they're going to need definite proof.

Aug 1, 2018, 2:36 PM

SethSlyy said:

In an interview she states she never told Urban and never heard of anyone that told Urban other than once in 2009 and Urban and his wife came over and made him go to counseling and Urban contacted the AD or "his boss" about the issue and that's all that came out of it. The victim never told Urban she states after that. Once it was brought into light and Urban obviously knew he fired his coach. That's all it's going to take for Urban to keep his job, there's his safety net because they're going to need definite proof.

Well, Shelley Meyer is a University employee bound by Title IX reporting statutes. She knew and didn't report, so she's done. If she didn't tell Urban so he could claim ignorance (which is highly unlikely) then what kind of husband would let his wife take that kind of fall?!

This is UGLY x 3!!

Aug 1, 2018, 2:45 PM

What kind of wife doesn't want 7 million dollars a year and private jet trips? Let's be honest she's going to say she didn't tell him. Not because he makes her but because she is going to want him to for his legacy and for their benefit if anything, who knows maybe she actually never told him.

Jo Pa didn’t know either and look what happened!!

Aug 1, 2018, 3:39 PM

Don’t see getting over on nor knowing about a problem that’s been going on as early as 2005 and at least since 2009(based on reports).

Re: Jo Pa didn’t know either and look what happened!!

Aug 1, 2018, 3:51 PM

Bye Urban....see you.

Replies: 33
| visibility 5,473
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic