Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Report: The SEC stopped Alabama from hiring Hugh Freeze
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Report: The SEC stopped Alabama from hiring Hugh Freeze

Apr 17, 2018, 12:46 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-sec-stopped-alabama-hiring-hugh-freeze-213623423.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Report: The SEC stopped Alabama from hiring Hugh Freeze

Apr 17, 2018, 12:49 PM

Saban has less than zero moral fortitude. It’s repulsive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2018, 1:54 PM

There's nothing wrong with forgiveness and giving someone a second chance. Kiffin should be on his hands and knees thanking Saban for saving his career.

Saban will obviously stoop to any level to try and get more

Apr 17, 2018, 1:09 PM

Offense. First Lame Kiffen, then tries to hire Mr. Freeze. SMH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With a little Sarkisian sandwiched in between...***

Apr 18, 2018, 2:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2018, 1:19 AM

Is Alabama second chance U for assistant coaches?

Apr 17, 2018, 2:18 PM

The rest of the SEC - and indeed, a lot of the NCAA - was up in arms because Freeze was allegedly the worst sort of cheater, the kind of guy who would literally walk into a high school and make it rain right then and there, like one of those Wild West '80's recruiters. Cash in hand, baby. He apparently wasn't even subtle about it. I think he thought it made him look all outlaw and cool.

That sort of stuff gets you talked about and despised...and indeed, it definitely did with Freeze.

What's fascinating is that Saban doesn't seem to much care, and seems utterly oblivious to how tone-deaf that comes across to everyone else. Definitely does not reflect well on how Saban and indeed, how Alabama in general operates. Does Saban just not care because he's as dirty as Freeze was and just plain doesn't care who knows it? That's kinda the message he's sending.

I'd actually be inclined to believe it's something else - namely, that Freeze actually was pretty good at HUNH-spread offensive concepts and Saban was eyeballing that part of his resume, at least as being a analyst was concerned. Saban may not like the spread much, but I think his experience with Ole Miss - who beat him a couple times - and Clemson have definitely taught him to respect the HUNH spread and I think he wants an analyst familiar with that system close at all times. Keep in mind he's had HUGE brain-drain there of late and has lost his last 3 OC's (Kiffin, Sarkisian, Brian Daboll), all in the span of less than two years.

It still definitely came across as more than a little tone-deaf on Saban's part, though.

Apr 17, 2018, 2:57 PM

If Saban was cheating it would've been came out. Do you know how many coaches would kill to get former recruits to throw him under the bus. The man can just flat out recruit, they don't have to pay kids to go to Bama. Their success speaks for itself

Apr 17, 2018, 3:04 PM

K_arena1 said:

If Saban was cheating it would've been came out. Do you know how many coaches would kill to get former recruits to throw him under the bus. The man can just flat out recruit, they don't have to pay kids to go to Bama. Their success speaks for itself

That was my take as well. I've heard loads about Alabama's boosters over the years...but I very seriously doubt Saban or any of his staff would get their own hands dirty.

As you yourself mentioned...Saban has too much staff turnover, too much turnover, and he is not exactly an easy guy to work for. If he was dirty something would have come out by now.

Still befuddles me why he'd risk his reputation by affiliating with Freeze, though, however much he needs a HUNH analyst. Especially when he's right on the cusp of being considered the "best college coach ever", particularly if he wins even one more NT.

Apr 18, 2018, 10:22 AM

Well if you think about it saban doesn't need freeze to be an all star recruiter. Alabama sells itself even freeze doesn't need to cheat to recruit. Saban wants a competitive offense and aside from Clemson ole Miss was the only team to move the ball all over bama the last 6 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Meh....

Apr 18, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Report: The SEC stopped Alabama from hiring Hugh Freeze ]

Im not overly enamored with Hugh Freeze's alleged coaching ability. He had every 5 star money could buy on his roster and couldnt win jack!

Anything to win.***

Apr 18, 2018, 10:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic