Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Report: Tebow to sign with New England Patriots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,772

Report: Tebow to sign with New England Patriots

Jun 10, 2013, 5:49 PM

Tim Tebow will have a new home in the NFL.

The former University of Florida star quarterback will sign with the New England Patriots, league sources told ESPN on Monday.

The Patriots are signing the former Nease High star, who is expected to participate in the team's mandatory minicamp Tuesday, as a quarterback.

The move reunites Tebow with Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who was the Denver Broncos' head coach when Denver traded into the first round to draft the Heisman Trophy winner in 2010.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Report: Tebow to sign with New England Patriots

Jun 10, 2013, 5:53 PM

Not looking forward to this...this is just going to be a headache.

"Traded into the first round to draft..."

Jun 10, 2013, 6:07 PM

Just try to wrap your mind around that for a minute. That was one of those horrible moves that everyone knew was a horrible move and turned out to be, well, a horrible move.

I would be surprised if he stayed at QB too. When you have Tom Brady it just doesn't make sense to take him off the field for any kind of wonky Tebow packages. He doesn't fit the bill for a solid, experienced backup QB in case Brady gets hurt either.

Re: "Traded into the first round to draft..."

Jun 10, 2013, 7:24 PM

Patriots have Ryan Mallett who is being groomed as "the guy" after Brady retires as far as I know. Unless Brady plays like 6 more years then Mallett will be about 30 and they will look elsewhere.

"Horrible move"...

Jun 10, 2013, 6:11 PM

He did take them to the playoffs and win a game. I hope it works out for him. Great guy. He gets to sit, watch and learn from one of the all time greats. Could be a valuable experience for him.

agree, i think we are in the minority though. thats fine.***

Jun 10, 2013, 6:31 PM

He didn't take them anywhere. Their defense took

Jun 10, 2013, 7:19 PM [ in reply to "Horrible move"... ]

them to the playoffs that year and won a game DESPITE Tebow.

He went over 200 yards passing in just 3 of the 13 games he started (he had 79 yards in the 2nd half of the game he took over for Orton).

He failed to throw for 100 yards twice. His line in those games was 8-30 for 129 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT.

His numbers in 14 games that year were 126-271 (46%) for 1729 yards (123 ypg) with 12 TD, 6 INTs, and 7 fumbles. He did run for 47 ypg which brings him up to 170 ypg total offense.

Pretty stellar IMO.

Wrong, Denver's defense and running game took Denver...

Jun 11, 2013, 12:40 AM [ in reply to "Horrible move"... ]

to the playoffs that year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2013, 7:27 PM

I'm a Patriots fan and I don't mind the move. Belichick tried this with Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, and Albert Haynesworth. He went 1/3 and Tebow is a possible reward with absolutely zero risk. If he sucks he gets cut. I think he's been put in a great opportunity. If he wants to play QB he needs to learn from some of the best and Brady is still a top 3 or 4 QB in the NFL. Tebow will be able to pick his brain and work on his game while having no pressure on him. He will be the 3rd stringer and from what I'm hearing he may not even make it out of training camp. But Belichick may also make him move positions. I know he was set against it but if he wants to win bad enough he will do it. That's the only NFL future he has in my opinion, he just doesn't have the ability to be a #1 guy in the NFL.

Re: He didn't take them anywhere. Their defense took

Jun 10, 2013, 7:34 PM

His stats weren't stellar but he had magic in the 4th quarter. You got the feeling each game that they were never out of a game as long as it was close late. The players fed off his heroics and seemed to make the team better because they believed in him. He did throw for 316 yards in the playoffs against a Steeler D that was #1 against the pass going into that game.

That Steeler D was minus their starting free safety...

Jun 11, 2013, 12:43 AM

Ryan Clark for that game, because he has sickle cell anemia and gets sick in high altitudes playing. If he played Tebow wouldn't have done much of nothing.

Jun 10, 2013, 8:01 PM

All he has ever done is win-win-win. But hey, who needs that? Right?

For me - I like his attitude and dedication. I hope he succeeds. He won't be their 2nd QB though. Probably an "H" back with some packages for his talents.

Left unsaid so far ... Ryan Mallett has Joe Flacco ability

Jun 10, 2013, 11:25 PM

and maybe more. Be interesting to see how it plays out. Pats tried to deal Mallett this year for 1st or 2nd round pick with no takers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And so it begins the most irrelevant player in the NFL...

Jun 11, 2013, 12:38 AM

gets all the attention. Just one more reason to hate Bill Belichik.

Jun 11, 2013, 6:25 AM

This is a low cost, no risk move by the Patriots. They are signing him for a modest sum, with little to no guaranteed money. If he does not work out, Bill will cut him in a New York second. But, what people are forgetting is that Tebow is first and foremost an athlete and Bill will exploit that fact. He has tremendous flexibility as to how he can use Tebow whether it be as a Wildcat QB in certain situations, an occasional full back or fill in tight end on certain schemes. Tebow has "IT" which you either have or you don't, you are born with "IT". I think this move by the Patriots will be fun to watch and will pay off in the end. Besides, who doesn't want to see him burn the Jets or play in the Super Bowl in New York? Now that's theater!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,772
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic