Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reminder: Please join my family on campus tomorrow...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Reminder: Please join my family on campus tomorrow...

Feb 21, 2019, 12:05 PM

Made a post about this last week, and several asked for a reminder the day before. Mostly copying and pasting from my previous post...

My father was a Clemson graduate (Class of 1964). He was born and raised in Spartanburg, and was the first in his family to go to college. He moved to Austin, TX in the 70's where he worked as an engineer and raised a family. He passed away unexpectedly in 2011. He was a lifelong Clemson fan, and the one who taught me to love college football. I tell people most of the curse words I know are from watching Clemson football with him in the 80's. He loved Clemson, and represented the university well. His favorite restaurant was The Beacon (specifically the onion rings).

Tomorrow, 2/22, my family and I visiting Clemson to plant a tree on campus in his honor. It would really mean a lot to my family and me (especially my mom) if we could have a small crowd of students/faculty/anyone at the ceremony. The tree planting will take place at 10:30am (2/22) in front of the Flour Daniel engineering building.

If you are on campus, or in the area, please come join my family and I as we honor an incredible father, engineer and Clemson fan.

Thank you!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be there. I'm bringing the tree.

Feb 21, 2019, 12:09 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I'll be there. I'm bringing the tree.

Feb 21, 2019, 1:58 PM

Very Nice......

Always welcome the chance to smile!!!

Feb 21, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to I'll be there. I'm bringing the tree. ]

Thanks gtriple!!!!!!!

DavidAg02 - Care to share what "flavor" tree you'll be planting? Assuming there will be a marker at the tree for us to view as we peruse the Campus?

Hope you get the turnout any fallen Tiger deserves!!!

Kudos to you for making it happen!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reminder: Please join my family on campus tomorrow...

Feb 21, 2019, 12:10 PM

Hope you have a big crowd there David!! Please post pics of the ceremony on Tigernet.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 21, 2019, 12:10 PM

Hope you have a big crowd there David!! Please post pics of the ceremony on Tigernet.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 21, 2019, 12:25 PM

Hopefully I don't sound like the biggest jerk on the planet asking this, but it raises a red flag to me. My questions are:

Do you have to have special permission to plant these trees? I can't imagine planting a tree on someone's property without permission.

Do the trees have to be approved (type, size, etc)?

I'm not trying to offend, but this seems to be an odd thing to do without permission/approval on everything. Even in my HOA we can only plant certain things, so that's what made me curious.

All that said - I hope it all goes well. Maybe my sons will do something similar for me someday. :)

Feb 21, 2019, 12:31 PM

Yes to all your questions. All of this has been arranged through the University, and is considered an official donation. I joke that this is the most expensive tree we'll ever buy, because it required a significant amount of $ to make this happen. They had to approve the spot and the tree selection so that it fits with the existing landscaping.

No we are not just digging some random hole in the ground on campus and dropping a tree in it.

Feb 21, 2019, 5:53 PM

I wish I was there tomorrow. What a first class thing to do for your dad.

Feb 21, 2019, 12:28 PM

If I was in the area I would be there. I hope all goes well for you and your family during the ceremony.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the reminder.***

Feb 21, 2019, 2:00 PM

Bump.***

Feb 21, 2019, 5:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 21, 2019, 6:13 PM

David, I’ll see you in the morning. I think you’ll be pleased with the attendance.

Feb 21, 2019, 6:28 PM

I live in Charleston and can not attend but you are in my thoughts. Blessings to your family.

Feb 21, 2019, 7:24 PM

I will be with you in spirit. My grandfather, 2 uncles and 3 cousins are Aggies. I attended the game in College Station this year and had a blast. I hope you can make it back in September!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*** bump once more***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 12:04 AM

Wish I could be there... Working and in Charlotte. But best wishes and know this Tiger is mentally there for you. God speed and hope to see that tree flourish on campus all the times I visit, Tiger Brother.

Feb 22, 2019, 12:22 AM

I have to travel to Florida tomorrow to help bury my wife's grandparents, otherwise I'd be there with you. What an amazing thing you're doing to remember your dad. Hopefully everyone who passes by the tree will know how much better your dad and your family make this world. Blessing to you and your family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bump.***

Feb 22, 2019, 7:24 AM

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 22, 2019, 7:44 AM

Blessings for today

Feb 23, 2019, 1:07 AM

David, Hope things went well today. I would appreciate any picture showing the tree planting and some idea where on campus it is located. Thanks....Jaybird4

Feb 23, 2019, 1:46 AM

I think it is great what you are doing in memory of your father. I wish I could be there but I will be sure to go by the area and take a few photos of the trees planted.

Will be with you in thoughts and prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2019, 7:48 AM

Sounds like it went well. What an awesome tribute to your dad!

How did everything go David?***

Feb 25, 2019, 8:39 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic