Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember the Bowden Era
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 821

Remember the Bowden Era

Nov 25, 2012, 10:26 AM

Nobody wants to beat SC more than me, but the truth is we are getting to were we want to be. Remember Bowden, I remember all the games we lost to the terrible teams in the ACC, I remember losing to Maryland at home when we were running the ball down their throat in the first half and abandoned the run in the second half. I remember every year losing to a team who should not even be on the field with us. Yes we need a dominant defense, give Venables time, we will get there. I remember our inept offenses that could score 37 in the best effort of the season, we did it 10 games in a row this year. Yes I know the ACC was down, but Bowden never sniffed a Championship. Truth is we had a down game as a offense, there defense had a lot to do with it, but it was still a down game for us. In the first quarter the played coverage and did not put pressure on Boyd, result was we scored two touchdowns. They made adjustments, we never did. They put pressure on Boyd and we never tried anything to stop it. Every team has a bad game during the year, this was ours, All in all, good season, no reason to think we can’t so up and compete in a bowl game with anyone. I remember Bowden and am glad we are headed in the right direction. Go Tiger! Win or lose my blood runs orange.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT?!!!!!!!!...........

Nov 25, 2012, 10:31 AM

I'd give anything for 7-2 vs SCar

we ARE NOT getting better it's smoke and mirrors b/c the ACC sux THAT BAD.........think about it

2009 8-4........blown away by SCar
2010 6-6........blown away by SCar
2011 9-3.........blown away by SCar
2012 10-2.......EMBARASSED at our house with sugar bowl on the line by SCar

we are NOT getting better........don't use the ACC a barometer of success........use South Carolina............we haven't improved at all

sorry

agree 100%***

Nov 25, 2012, 10:32 AM

thats false, the acc as a whole was much better back then,

Nov 25, 2012, 10:31 AM

Dabo would prob have the same record as of.we had tb. People dont realize.....what have we done the past fewyears? Won a shotty conf, got embarassed on national tv after....?????

Isn't he that coach that used to beat USC?

Nov 25, 2012, 10:40 AM

nm

I wish this were the Bowden era.***

Nov 25, 2012, 10:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Remember the Bowden Era

Nov 25, 2012, 10:42 AM

Bowden was a clown and couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. The acc has gotten brutal and the chickens are significantly better than they were when tb was here. it would be nice to have it all, but i feel like this is reality. I think tb would have lost 4 straight too, not that it makes it better. and no i am not a coot, just trying to find the silver lining. I prefer 10-2 and bcs options to 7-5 and a bowl against kentucky

When Bowden was coaching, NC State, Maryland, BC, UNC

Nov 25, 2012, 10:44 AM

VT, Wake, Miami, were all better than they are today.

Beating up on the sisters of the blind doesn't mean you are getting better. Want to see improvement? Get in your car and drive the 1:15 hours to Columbia. That is improvement. You know, not only being super competitive in (gulp), the best conference, but also pounding their rival. You think a Clemson player is going to come out and say "I'm never going to lose to South Carolina"? Clowney just said that about us... and you know what... unless we either recruit the greatest left tackle in this years class, or we actually start developing players, I don't see any reason why he would state otherwise.

Fact is, when the other teams fans, what your coaching staff to get wholesale extensions, something has veered too far off course.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: Remember the Bowden Era

Nov 25, 2012, 10:44 AM

Agree with you completely. A friend of mine was on the Maryland sideline during that game and said they couldn't believe the second half offensive game plan we came out with. There were a lot of games like that. . .pretty much every year, which went a long way toward saddling us with the reputation we're still trying to overcome. Dabo has hired much better assistants and is a much better recruiter. And there's no reason we can't be a whole lot better on the defensive side next year, esp. with Lawson, Tankersley, Kearse and others to contribute.

Hard to find perspective the day after a Coot loss, though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden would be 12-0 with the schedule we have

Nov 25, 2012, 10:45 AM

please bring back bowden

Replies: 9
| visibility 821
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic