Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember The Good Old Days???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Remember The Good Old Days???

May 19, 2013, 3:30 PM

Think back to when we won the College Football National Championship. And think back to the Danny Ford times, and when we had great football, baseball and even basketball teams. Now we only have good teams, but no longer great teams.

I long for the good old days when our teams were great and we were beating USuc like a drum. And I hate it now when the USuc fans get to treat us like we used to treat them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

usuck fans treat me like the waiters & waitresses they've

May 19, 2013, 3:35 PM

always been.

their tips rely on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Things dont last forever...

May 19, 2013, 3:36 PM

So fear not , the cycle will return. Dirtpecker U is having its. run...at least we have success on other levels and our football team is a legit top 10 team this year.
No worries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Hartins remembers The Good Old Days..when John

May 19, 2013, 3:39 PM

Heisman was head coach. He was just discussing that last week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He was good pals with Ben Franklin. Held the kite string

May 19, 2013, 3:42 PM

while he went to take a leak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Yep, still has a burn mark on his arm from the lightning

May 19, 2013, 3:44 PM

strike.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember The Good Old Days???

May 19, 2013, 3:50 PM

Why don't you think our 2012 team was almost great?
We did win a share of the East and beat LSU in a
bowl game.The two losses, Fla.St. and USUC, left
a bad taste but Danny didn't win them all but one
time.Don't look back,look ahead.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could be wrong (and I usually am) but did you mean to say

May 19, 2013, 3:54 PM

a piece of the Atlantic?

Re: I could be wrong (and I usually am) but did you mean to say

May 19, 2013, 4:32 PM

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of sounds like a coot, huh?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I could be wrong (and I usually am) but did you mean to say

May 19, 2013, 7:21 PM

Saying East instead of Atlantic makes me a coot fan?
I did mean Atlantic but your opinion does weigh a
lot with you and anyone who shares that opinion.
I have been a Clemson fan since I was a kid.So give
me a break.

Sigmund - I'd like you to meet irmotig . . .***

May 20, 2013, 10:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Sigmund - I'd like you to meet irmotig . . .***

May 20, 2013, 6:23 PM

null

Message was edited by: irmotig®

Clemson has

May 19, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Remember The Good Old Days??? ]

progressed miles and miles since the "ole days that you make reference to in your post. Clemson has always been great but now THE UNIVERSITY is among the best .... and they play by the rules. Clemson is a lot more than a few wins in your favorite sport.

signed
Clemson
Grad

every dog has his day

May 19, 2013, 4:40 PM

but it is sooon over for the coots....the greatest run in the history of their crappy program is coming to an end , and all they have to show for it is four consecutive wins over a Clemson team caught in the middle of a coaching transition.....no conference titles, and only one division title that resulted in a blowout loss in the conf championship game....congratulations , coots...lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our program is still miles ahead of SCAR - and here's why

May 19, 2013, 5:32 PM

When we start making commemorative footballs when we beat them, it'll be time to take a hard look at just how far we have fallen.

This is truly symbolic of just how pathetic they are historically. I'd have a room full of footballs over my lifetime if we did crap like this. Only $89.99 (lol):

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions.com/casig00143/product?ad_id=gc4peatball

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even when you've sucked for a century that is pathetic.***

May 19, 2013, 5:39 PM

Tell 'em coot***

May 19, 2013, 5:40 PM

break given.

May 19, 2013, 7:28 PM

If we beat Uga / scar. this year then we will be champs of the East...
Wouldnt that just grind sime conference knuthugger gears ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 19, 2013, 7:44 PM

Clemson only has a 8 game advantage over the last 73 years. All of that happened during the years we were an independent. Take out our independent years, and we've won the more than we have lost to Clemson since 1940.

Congrats. Now Cockytalk and FGF are that way ------>

May 19, 2013, 7:49 PM

no need for congrats, we still sucked out loud. It's just not the domination y'all seem to think it is.

May 19, 2013, 9:30 PM

And before this little streak happened you were 5-12 vs Clemson since joining the SEC and in 2008 Clemson had won 8 out of the last ten. I mean if you are going to cherry pick periods of time then I can too

I just hate how Coots lose for 100 years and then 4 years is suddenly them turning the tables. I love the fans that say "We have won 4 in a row and probably won't lose again in the foreseeable future." What? USC hasn't taken a step above Clemson. They are currently the better team but this isn't freakin' USC vs. The Citadel, this is CLEMSON. The team that has had your number for a century. Both teams are pretty similar. This isn't 2012 Alabama vs. Auburn. If they really believe they won't lose again for 8-10 years they are just delusional. Football rivalries don't go that long without a win from the other team (unless it's Army vs. Navy.) South Carolina's edge is that they're in the SEC and have more income, but they have yet to out recruit us in recent years and they haven't taken the next step and gone to a BCS game yet so I just don't understand this thinking that USC is "A nationally elite program" but Clemson is "a joke." I took those quotes from various websites' comment sections.

May 19, 2013, 9:40 PM

You're absolutely right. USC has not recruited better than the Tigers have for the past several years, and you're also dead on about the SEC and major revenue advantages. What has given them the most telling edge in recent years? 1) Their ability to recruit to their needs better than Clemson. 2) They seem to do a better job of developing their young players quicker, especially on defense. 3) They've also made better coaching decisions (and had better game plans) in each of the last four games. These are all issues that can be successfully addressed, and need to be addressed ASAP!

+25 in a rivalry

May 19, 2013, 7:58 PM

is domination . Anyone spinning that math anyway but what it adds up to needs to see a professional . (and not just a professional doctor for their mental incapacities , but also a professional mathematician for help with their figgerin').
What is the rivalry record overall since the Coots joined the SEC ?

DB23

Re: +25 in a rivalry

May 20, 2013, 10:05 AM

Remember these games were ALL played in Columbia for many.many years. And we still won

9-12

May 19, 2013, 8:12 PM

That is the Coots record against us since joining the almighty and condescending $EC . During that 21 game span Clemson has 2 seperate 4 game win streaks . Also in that span , 63-17 was the biggest margin of
victory in the history of the " rivalry" .
Dont talk to us about history ...every tic of the second hand makes the last one history.

DB23

Re: 9-12

May 20, 2013, 6:47 PM

What matters to me is 2013, nothing else!

May 19, 2013, 8:35 PM

Up to 1940 26-11-1
1941-1952 3-7-2
1953-1971 10-9
1972-1991 14-5-1
1992-2012 12-9

Must be...

May 19, 2013, 8:49 PM

Why they call you the bookmaker.
During the arbitrary period labeled 1941-1952 , Clemson players were fighting and dying in WWII and Korea , while their scheister lawyer trustfund baby counterparts at Sackerlina stayed close to mommy and won a few for the football cause against the Tigers' backups . It marks a dark decade in the bitter rivalry's push and pull .

mindfully edited by the author , who reserves the right to punt on first down.

DB23

Your statistics are wrong. since 1940, Clemson is 40-29-3 against the coots.

May 19, 2013, 8:59 PM

I can list the dates, scores, and locations of each since then if you want.

Re: Your statistics are wrong. since 1940, Clemson is 40-29-3 against the coots.

May 19, 2013, 9:14 PM

The selection of 1940 is an interesting one. Clemson was a military school in the 40s and the record is somewhat skewed since most of Clemson's ablebodied students were participating in World War II.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You must always

May 19, 2013, 9:06 PM

add and subtract precisely , unfailingly and without error.

DB23

although I am an engineer, I'm not that good at math! I let Excel add for me by highlighting the columns

May 19, 2013, 9:08 PM

labeled 1940 through 2012.

Country Gentleman, you are right. In fact the darkest time in the rivalry was from 1945-1954

May 19, 2013, 9:20 PM

where Clemson was 1-2-7 against the coots.

May 20, 2013, 1:29 PM

The war was going on in Columbia too. We lost able bodied men just like Clemson did. But that's a good point about Clemson being a military school prior to 1940. They had young men who were in tip top physical shape playing against our accountants and business majors. It wasn't the same situation as the service academies today because no one had 350lb players back then.

Remember the good ole days of SCAR football when

May 20, 2013, 6:58 PM

... wait, nevermind

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic