Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Cram Session: Venables back at QB as Tech prep begins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Cram Session: Venables back at QB as Tech prep begins

Sep 18, 2016, 6:23 PM

Cram Session: Venables back at QB as Tech prep begins

Sunday begins the next installment of Brent Venables’ quarterback career. Clemson’s defensive coordinator loves to play the part of scout team quarterback when his defense has to face an offense that relies on the option or misdirection, and he played that part to perfection when Clemson played at Auburn in week one.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimmy Greenbeans!!!***

Sep 18, 2016, 6:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: New Story: Cram Session: Venables back at QB as Tech prep begins

Sep 18, 2016, 7:10 PM

We have got to get more physical on both lines ....DL and OL . We are moving into the toughest part of our schedule and haven't won in ATL in 13 years. Louisville will present a huge challenge and we have a tendency to give up big plays. We have to play at a much ,much higher level the next 2 games in order to win. We simply aren't getting the pressure from the DE position we have in the last several years and its understandable due to inexperience. # worried

Relax man it'll be alright.

Sep 18, 2016, 9:04 PM

Every team we've played the an has bee. been Running for his life or getting the ball our ultra fast.....why? Because the d line is dominate. Our OL isn't shabby just need to play actual starters all together all the time. I also think we haven't attackeded the middle of the field for some odd reason? We've been ultra vanilla.

Sep 18, 2016, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Cram Session: Venables back at QB as Tech prep begins ]

Every team we've played the an has bee. been Running for his life or getting the ball our ultra fast.....why? Because the d line is dominate. Our OL isn't shabby just need to play actual starters all together all the time. I also think we haven't attackeded the middle of the field for some odd reason? We've been ultra vanilla.

Sep 18, 2016, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Cram Session: Venables back at QB as Tech prep begins ]

Re: Relax man it'll be alright.

Sep 18, 2016, 9:07 PM

Qb* I hate auto correct

Sep 19, 2016, 1:45 AM

Did you also use auto post? I agree we've been getting good play from our DL and our DT's in particular have been very good. I'm anxious to see our discipline level against Tech. It will be a pretty good indicator of what we may look like against U of L.

Sep 19, 2016, 11:16 AM

Agreed. The Clemson defensive ends and outside backers will have to be extremely disciplined in covering their men on the triple option. Obviously, always a challenge, especially since this type of attack is only used by a handful of teams in the country, so there is very little attention and detail given to it over the course of a season. Will be interesting to see how the young Tigers respond. On the other hand, I really don't think Tech is going to shut down Clemson. DeShaun and company just beginning to rev it up. I'm expecting to see a fairly high scoring game.

I forgot all about Coop!

Sep 18, 2016, 7:14 PM

Anyone know if hes redshirting?

Re: I forgot all about Coop!

Sep 18, 2016, 7:21 PM

> Anyone know if hes redshirting?

More than likely... everyone played but zerrick including walk on Barnes

Re: I forgot all about Coop!

Sep 18, 2016, 8:18 PM [ in reply to I forgot all about Coop! ]

> Anyone know if hes redshirting?

More than likely... everyone played but zerrick including walk on Barnes

Re: Expose the option

Sep 18, 2016, 8:07 PM

play off the ball where their o line can't cut block. This will give a chance to read the play. Tiger defensive ends don't slant in, linebackers fill the lanes/flow parallel with line of scrimmage as you are reading the play. On third and long bring pressure. Tiger offense? Just "burn and earn".

Sep 19, 2016, 8:09 AM

That's interesting, but I can't imagine that GT won't just cut block a little farther down the field. Every cut block should be rewarded with a 15 yard penalty and automatic ejection from the game for the cutter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2016, 10:31 AM

Or the Tiger can wear longer cleats. This has been known to discourage cut blocking.

This is said every year...

Sep 19, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Expose the option ]

when we play GTech, but I've yet to see a flag. Apparently what they do with blocks is legal.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic