Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reggie Merriweather
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Reggie Merriweather

Jun 4, 2018, 10:24 AM

Loved this guy. Faster in the open field than you'd think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

He could have beaten the coots that one year ...

Jun 4, 2018, 10:26 AM

Curse you Tommy Bowden

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaahhhhhhh!!!!! Gawd you scraped a healing wound with me

Jun 4, 2018, 10:51 AM

about Tammy. 06 driving the ball down the coots throat with Merriweather and TB snatches defeat from the jaws of victory by taking him out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aaahhhhhhh!!!!! Gawd you scraped a healing wound with me

Jun 4, 2018, 10:52 AM

Tommy needed those troopers that day.

put in James Davis, right?

Jun 4, 2018, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Aaahhhhhhh!!!!! Gawd you scraped a healing wound with me ]

I was screaming at the TV. Yes, Tommy, James Davis is talented and was likely fresh, but Reggie was blowing up! The entire stadium groaned, right?

Re: Aaahhhhhhh!!!!! Gawd you scraped a healing wound with me

Jun 4, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Aaahhhhhhh!!!!! Gawd you scraped a healing wound with me ]

One of very many gaffs TB made, but he did get us headed in the right vicinity and hired Dabo, so I thank him for that. That is about it, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "ABSOLUTELY WOULD HAVE"***

Jun 4, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to He could have beaten the coots that one year ... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: He could have beaten the coots that one year ...

Jun 4, 2018, 6:37 PM [ in reply to He could have beaten the coots that one year ... ]

I remember that vividly. Still mad about it.

Re: He could have beaten the coots that one year ...

Jun 5, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to He could have beaten the coots that one year ... ]

I have learned to appreciate CTB - overall - for his contributions (most importantly CDS) to our program, but I WILL NEVER forget this. I was at the game that afternoon and to this day have never been so disgusted by a coaches decision in my whole entire 40+ years here on Earth.

Loved by fans; denied by Bowden.

Jun 4, 2018, 10:27 AM

:(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Way underrated.*****

Jun 4, 2018, 10:41 AM

I’ll never forget

Jun 4, 2018, 11:17 AM

Bowden said he took Merriweather out to go with the guy with the ‘hot hand’! That is beyond stupid. That truly cost us a win over ‘them’. Wonder if coach Dabo would have made that move?

And less than two years later

Jun 4, 2018, 11:34 AM

Terry Don went with the 'hot hand'...sizzling, in fact.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reggie Merriweather

Jun 4, 2018, 11:27 AM

I was there. My most vivid memory of the Bowden years. Not a Bowden hater but certainly cost us that game. How could 70,000 fans see it and. Coach be so blind.

Jun 4, 2018, 11:35 AM

I saw it too.. Reggie had several very long runs in that drive and Bowden took him out every time. With the ball very near the goal line he took Reggie out and I believe that he returned for the next play without Bowden’s OK and that made the coach mad and he kept him out. We ended up NOT scoring with the ball at the goal line if I remember correctly. I knew then that TB had to go. After all, we were playing Usuck that day And losing!

We all saw it and were baffled.*****

Jun 4, 2018, 2:11 PM

Jun 4, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Reggie Merriweather ]

If you recall, Reggie was jumping straight up making his feet waist high at the huddle. He was fired up out of his mind. And yes, the entire stadium collectively said ###........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Reggie Merriweather ]

Ditto. Was there. Was astonished. I wrote the only letter I have ever written to the Athletic Dept after that debacle. I’m from NA originally and that made me hurt that much more for Reggie and Clemson. Ugggggghhh

Jun 4, 2018, 2:56 PM

Reggie Merriweather is one of my personal all-time favorites!

Taking him out of that USuC game was the dumbest in a long list of dumb decisions by Coach Bowden!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 4:50 PM

When Bowden took Merriweather out of the game I thought that was one of the worst decisions I had ever witnessed. He had carried us down the field and showed no sign of exhaustion. Every time he had the ball, he was determined to pick up yardage. That was truly a prime example of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 5:04 PM

And a much better player than Antwan.

I really hate it for the guy that just the mention of his

Jun 4, 2018, 5:47 PM

name conjures up the most boneheaded coaching move in a generation, if not more, in Clemson lore.

Reggie's heart would have had to explode leaving him lifeless and limp before any of the next four plays giving him the ball straight into that line wouldn't have gotten us a TD.

I could never accept TB as a legit gameday coach again after that one.

Reggie! Reggie!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the most under-rated backs to...

Jun 4, 2018, 6:48 PM

ever play at Clemson.

Jun 4, 2018, 7:16 PM

Had a few classes with him. He was a funny dude, always had everyone laughing...

Did you e-mail this to TB?

Jun 4, 2018, 10:00 PM

He should see it.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic