Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Jordan Williams is "All In" Sat., do we let Herring walk?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If Jordan Williams is "All In" Sat., do we let Herring walk?

Aug 5, 2016, 4:25 PM

Sorta like we did with A. Clayton last year once X. Kelly committed. It probably won't matter either way since Herring is likely a Dawg. To me Williams is clearly the better of the two.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Jordan Williams is "All In" Sat., do we let Herring walk?

Aug 5, 2016, 4:31 PM

This recruting game is dirtier than I realized

Re: If Jordan Williams is "All In" Sat., do we let Herring walk?

Aug 5, 2016, 4:33 PM

I'd say it likely won't matter. I didn't like having to let Clayton walk though - I saw him as a potentially elite player given his absurd first step

Agree don't think it matters,

Aug 5, 2016, 4:42 PM

Letting Clayton walk was hard to watch as he was a 5 star that favored Clemson and didn't appear to have character issues. I guess we were holding out hope for Gary with that last DL scholarship. I think Malik is a dawg and agree that Jotdan Williams is much better and way outshined Herring in camps and at the opening. I get the feeling based on social media that Malik Herring has a lot of questionable character issues and don't really want him to be honest. After Bellamy, who showed the same type of red flags on social media I learned talent is everything and I like the way Dabo is building this program. We are in position to possibly land Xavier Thomas, Justin Mascoll, and Stephen Wynn next recruiting cycle who are all top 10 nationally at position and appear to have more talent and upside than Malik so I'd rather save the scholie and just be happy w Williams, Rudolf (possible LB), and maybe Foster if we land him (most likely DE in college)

Xavier Thomas

Aug 5, 2016, 6:17 PM

Why are so many so confident that we get him?

Yes we are a better team but he and his entire family grew up yard chicken fans

I hear this "we are first for Thomas" parroted a lot and I honestly haven't seen much to back it up. Do y'all know something I don't? Or just hopeful?

Re: Xavier Thomas

Aug 5, 2016, 6:27 PM

I don't know that either Clemson OR USCjr lands him. There's some...interesting...stuff I've heard going on in his recruitment from certain more northerly schools. Can't confirm, but wouldn't surprise me

Grew up a Coot fan is a MYTH

Aug 5, 2016, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Xavier Thomas ]

He actually grew up an FSU fan. The MYTH has been perpetuated by the Coots to make themselves believe that they could get him.

Like Hendrix said, there are other factors at play here from a few Northern schools.ND,Micheeeegan along with Tennesse willing to do ANYTHING to snag him after we took Higgins.Johnson and Rodgers. Not saying he's open to any of that, but Rocky Top sure is. Which is funny after they made up rumors about Higgins recruitment.

Let's not be bitter

Aug 5, 2016, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Agree don't think it matters, ]

both are great players. If rumors are true and Herring goes to Jawja then good luck to him. Don't pull the we're better off without him crap, Clemson recruited him hard for a reason.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I hated letting Clayton walk

Aug 5, 2016, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: If Jordan Williams is "All In" Sat., do we let Herring walk? ]

He proved to be an elite guy in the Under Armor game and truly earned his 5th star. I felt at the end of season last year he was actually a little better than Kelly. However, I didn't mind having Xavier in the fold because I felt Kelly's ceiling was much higher than Clayton's in the long run.

Re: Yeah I hated letting Clayton walk

Aug 5, 2016, 6:10 PM

Jordan Williams isn't leaps and bounds better than herring like ppl want to pretend because we have a better shot with jordan. Herring is a DE Coach Hobby covets and Williams was a DE Coach V loved. Both are elite talents that would provide quality, depth, skill, and insane potential to an already talented group. At last check both are very talented.

Regardless, you still have to keep recruiting!

Aug 5, 2016, 6:25 PM

even when guys commit.
----------------------

On another note, I hope we also get:
Aj Terrell, Ortre Smith, Devon Hunter, Trey Smith, & Justin Foster

Re: Regardless, you still have to keep recruiting!

Aug 5, 2016, 6:41 PM

Hate to say it but it's more and more sounding like Devon Hunter isn't considering us anymore for whatever reason.

The staff is no longer considering Devon.

Aug 5, 2016, 6:48 PM

2-3 times he was supposed to visit, he didn't show, so the staff have decided to put their energies elsewhere.

Just my opinion, but I think every time he's supposed to show up, Bud Foster puts on the full court press to keep him from visiting.Nothing wrong with that, Bud knows he stands a better chance of getting him if he doesn't visit Clemson again.

Re: The staff is no longer considering Devon.

Aug 5, 2016, 7:08 PM

I don't hate Hunter going to VT. If I had to pick a second ACC school, that would be it. Good fans, nice campus and stadium, solid program. I really hope they beat Tennessee

Yeah but Herring is All Dawg anyway

Aug 5, 2016, 6:25 PM

of note is we picked up a few crystal ball's on Justin Foster who is about 6'4 240-250. My guess is we're focusing on those two.

I'd take Herring over Williams all day long

Aug 5, 2016, 7:03 PM

Williams is good now doubt, but Herring is a thoroughbred.

imho

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What leads you to that conclusion?

Aug 5, 2016, 7:27 PM

Every can have an opinion but just curious why you think that. If you watch film from the top camps and the opening of the Dline Oline battles, Jordan Williams consistently bests the top OL in the nation and Malik Herring usually does not. I believe when rankings came out a year ago Herring was higher but I expect Williams to be higher in the final rankings.

I don't know if the staff lets him walk or not, but I do

Aug 5, 2016, 7:26 PM

know that the 2018 class is loaded with top DE talent. So I could see us taking 2 really good ones next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic