Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seth Beer on Monte Lee's coaching.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Seth Beer on Monte Lee's coaching.

Feb 22, 2016, 9:33 AM

“(Lee) is a pro-style coach, and I really like that about him. Loves swinging the bat. Not about bunting guys over."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad Beer feels that way, but I saw us bunt early in the

Feb 22, 2016, 9:37 AM

game several times over the weekend. One time with first and second and no outs (guy was thrown out at third on the sac attempt) right before Pinder's HR.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad Beer feels that way, but I saw us bunt early in the

Feb 22, 2016, 12:54 PM

That is the time to do it! That's winning baseball

Regardless of the season outcome, this team should be a lot

Feb 22, 2016, 9:48 AM

more entertaining to watch. I'd love to see us swinging away w/ guys on base instead of us wasting 2 outs w/ base moving bunts. Then, hoping we can get a hit with 2 outs and a man on 3rd. It was so predictable before that when we bunt now, it might actually catch a team off guard.

Re: Regardless of the season outcome, this team should be a lot

Feb 22, 2016, 10:09 AM

I think he is more referring to the big bats not bunting, when he is talking about the pro-style. You very rarely see 3, 4, or 5 hitters bunting in the big leagues.

Feb 22, 2016, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Regardless of the season outcome, this team should be a lot ]

It's part of the game! It's called strategy! Runner at 2nd and 3rd with one out or runner at 3rd with 2 outs? Don't pretend to know anything about these hitters that Lee or any other coach doesn't know. I love the small ball portion of baseball simply because you aren't always just going to go up there at the plate and have success. The first double play that comes with runners on base people like you will be screaming as to why he didn't call a bunt...

As to Beer's comment....yea not really going to ask a guy who comes up with the bases pipped to bunt or a player that was taken in the first 5 rounds of the MLB draft and is know for power to lay a bunt down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 22, 2016, 12:54 PM

I understand it's part of the game, but how many Times did we bunt right back to the pitcher w/out moving the runners last year? How many times did a batter get up when we knew it was a given that Jack had the bunt on? Answer. Many. But thanks for the tutorial on baseball 101.

I'm guessing that Lee is more of a player's coach

Feb 22, 2016, 10:17 AM

and hopefully they will respond to it. Leggett's games could get really boring

Re: I'm guessing that Lee is more of a player's coach

Feb 22, 2016, 10:41 AM

If you know anything about the game and you where at the games this weekend, you could C the improvement in this team and coaching. Please excuse my grammar. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beer is stout with a good head.***

Feb 22, 2016, 11:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beer is stout with a good head.***

Feb 22, 2016, 11:40 AM

Our bunting or attempted bunts and approach at the plate cost us game 1. Let's see what happens in close games with ACC staffs that actually have pitching depth.

Don't forget we bunted a ball back to the pitcher, got picked off, lost a ball in the outfield, missed a bunt and got thrown out at 3rd, and made quite a few errors. The fact that Maine won a game concerns me and the casual observer may not have even recognized we have a new coaching staff based on our performance.

But we are 3 games in lets get a bigger sample size and look for progress.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic