Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible

Oct 3, 2016, 12:38 AM

I saw on here and on Reddit a ton of people either saying that Boulware's alleged choke was dirty or that we shouldn't play that way. UL fans are irate about it.

But I have watched the clip quite a few times, and it is clear that On the arm that is around Jackson's neck, his hand grabbing Jackson's shoulder pads near Jackson's armpit. It is physically impossible to choke someone like that.

You could turn the head some, which is what Jackson said in the press conference he was upset about, but no way could you cut off air.

Props to Jackson saying that's football. He wouldn't say that if someone was actually choking him (because that's not football). Props to Ben for apologizing to squash it.

Anyone calling it a "choke" needs to look again, or probably isn't interested in the truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible

Oct 3, 2016, 12:43 AM

What blows my mind is how virtually no one talked about what Jackson did to Boulware after getting up.

AFTER the play was whistled dead and before the tantrum Lamar shoves his hand around Boulware's neck choking him. Go check out the replay.

None of the slow motion replays all over the news are showing that part. Tomorrow when I have some time I'm going to cut some footage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 7:06 AM

If you're making a gif please post it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Lamar purposely karate chopped Ben in the throat while he was pinned down by the pile. He should have been ejected from the game for it. Then after that he took in helmet off in the field of play while cussing the refs and didn't get penalized for that either.

He's a dynamic player but a major cry baby. He and Herbie sure fooled a lot of people into thinking Ben choked him.

Oct 3, 2016, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible ]

Would be great to show that to all the people who make noise. Then again who cares. Even Ben should not. How many times did the refs not call on holds against us. It evens out. Nothing was done to either team other than a battle in the valley. Nothing more to say than as y'all mentioned.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 3, 2016, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible ]

...or when he kicked guys laying on the ground, during one of his temper tantrums.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=255ma7k&s=9#.V_JRFskkobM

Oct 3, 2016, 10:23 AM

Nice gif!

Looks to me like Lamar turns around yells at the ref, then turns back around to stomp or kick Boulware.

But noooooobody is talking about that, are they?

Oct 3, 2016, 8:08 AM

100% agree on that not being a choke. I'm not even so sure it was his "neck twisting" as he put it after the game; somebody is laying across his lower body, Ben is holding on for dear life, pulling on his left shoulder, thereby twisting his entire upper body (including his helmet/neck a little). You can see his body "spring" back into place as soon as Ben lets go. I'm sure it didn't feel good, but nothing I saw indicated a choke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do we do if...

Oct 3, 2016, 9:00 AM

we just don't give a rat's ####?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do we do ?

Oct 3, 2016, 9:07 AM

We move ahead and focus on our WIN in Boston.....

Oct 3, 2016, 9:58 AM

I didn't think it was a big deal but the Gamecock fans at work this morning sure are letting me hear it about how dirty BB is and how he should be suspended. Geez.

Oct 3, 2016, 10:01 AM

Show them this and tell them to watch #8 and #50. Wah, wah, wah.

Oct 3, 2016, 11:03 AM

Did he turn to the ref then kick Ben?

Oct 3, 2016, 11:05 AM

yep....you'll also see #50 come up and kick Ben in the head as well.

Oct 3, 2016, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible ]

It's funny how tribal college sports fans are.

If Ben played for another team you guys would be call him a dirty player and calling for him to be suspended. If he played for USC, our fans would be defending him like you guys are.

Sports fans generally find it hard to be objective.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Apparently, the refs did too....***

Oct 3, 2016, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible ]

theres a difference between fball and being a pu$$y. even as a fan i can be objective. i've pointed out a tiger player in the past that has done something stupid and punkish. its happened before - it will happen again. but this i can say easily, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that play. and any usuck fan commenting on a tiger player should worry about the #### product you have put on the field for 100 yrs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oct 3, 2016, 10:17 AM

I'm not going to argue with you.

I've already said I would probably defend him too if he played on my team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

where exactly did you say that Liar?***

Oct 3, 2016, 2:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how tribal Coots are

Oct 3, 2016, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Regarding the "CHOKE" - impossible ]

They try to claim Bama tribe, SEC tribe, etc but end the end everybody knows they are from the Loser tribe!

Oct 3, 2016, 10:36 AM

I think he said "that's football" in a sarcastic "whatever" attitude. He was clearly not happy.

Oct 3, 2016, 2:47 PM

So what you are saying is he was upset about a head/neck twist?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic