Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding ETN....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Regarding ETN....

Nov 18, 2019, 3:11 PM

Is he absolutely gone after this year? Isaiah looks like he is for sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding ETN....

Nov 18, 2019, 3:22 PM

Yes. There is nothing left for him to show that would increase his draft stock.

He should leave.

Nov 18, 2019, 4:14 PM

I think he might stay. His pass blocking and catching have improved, but not enough for the NFL to really like him. he could use another year in regard to those two aspects of his game.
Plus, I think he really, really likes it here.

Nov 18, 2019, 4:19 PM

His pass blocking has improved but could be better. Really all he needs is to bulk up a little to absorb the hits from some of those bigger linebackers which he can do before his workouts or in training camp.

And he could do that while getting paid millions or do that

Nov 18, 2019, 4:24 PM

while not getting paid millions in college next year. He can keep driving that moped to the store every day or drive that Mercedes to the store every day. Its not a hard decision for most.

Re: And he could do that while getting paid millions or do that

Nov 18, 2019, 4:29 PM

Mercedes? Try Bentley or a Rolls.

Pros are drooling over that cat.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mercedes for everyday driving and the Rolls or Bentley

Nov 19, 2019, 8:59 AM

for the offseason.

I don't know why he would come back

Nov 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

RBs don't have many good years so they really need to take advantage of them.

Nov 18, 2019, 3:27 PM

If he goes out on top with a decent game in NOLA, he's 100% gone. He's said he wasn't happy with his play and the result down there 2 years ago. He's been looking forward to this year and a chance to get back there and play well in front of his friends and family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe that Terrell would be back either or Tee

Nov 18, 2019, 3:30 PM

someone will shock us and stay and some might to to the nfl too early, then of course there will be a couple more that transfer

which will leave us with 4 or 5 schollies for walk-ons which seems to be a huge motivator.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who can go 3rd round or better is pretty much always

Nov 18, 2019, 4:21 PM

considered to be an early exit. You'll drive yourself crazy if you're expecting anyone on our teams to play past their Junior year. CW42 and CJ Spiller are grand exceptions to the rule. So always expect them to leave.

Nov 18, 2019, 4:36 PM

Simmons is absolutely gone. The NFL has to be drooling over that kind of prospect. He's basically Sean Taylor with good coverage skills. He is exactly what the NFL is looking for in a nickel LB. Etienne, in my opinion, shouldn't just automatically leave unless he gets solid word that he's going to go in the 1st round, and I don't think he would currently. Derrick Henry is pretty much the only "2-down" RB in the league at the moment, and he makes up for his lack of receiving ability on passing downs by being an absolute brick wall as a pass blocker.

The staff has definitely made an effort to get Etienne more involved as a receiver this year, and he's done well, but I think he's still got work to do especially as a blocker. Somebody would definitely take him in the 2nd or 3rd as is, but the guarantees that come with being a 1st rounder are definitely worth another year unless he can showcase those skills and elevate his stock down the stretch.

ETN is 100% gone after this year no matter what

Nov 18, 2019, 6:27 PM

With RB value diminished in the NFL, you leave if you're projected in round 1 or 2 every time (which he will be).

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic