Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rednecks!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Rednecks!

Sep 7, 2017, 1:48 PM

Hundreds and hundreds of small boats pulled by countless pickups and SUVs from across the South are headed for Houston. Almost all of them driven by men. They're using their own property, sacrificing their own time, spending their own money, and risking their own lives for one reason: to help total strangers in desperate need.
Most of them are by themselves. Most are dressed like the redneck duck hunters and bass fisherman they are. Many are veterans. Most are wearing well-used gimme-hats, t-shirts, and jeans; and there's a preponderance of camo. Most are probably gun owners, and most probably voted for Trump.
These are the people the Left loves to hate, the ones Maddow mocks. The ones Maher and Olbermann just *know* they're so much better than.
These are The Quiet Ones. They don't wear masks and tear down statues. They don't, as a rule, march and demonstrate. And most have probably never been in a Whole Foods.
But they'll spend the next several days wading in cold, dirty water; dodging gators and water moccasins and fire ants; eating whatever meager rations are available; and sleeping wherever they can in dirty, damp clothes. Their reward is the tears and the hugs and the smiles from the terrified people they help. They'll deliver one boatload, and then go back for more.
When disaster strikes, it's what men do. Real men. Heroic men. American men. And then they'll knock back a few shots, or a few beers with like-minded men they've never met before, and talk about fish, or ten-point bucks, or the benefits of hollow-point ammo, or their F-150.
And the next time they hear someone talk about "the patriarchy", or "male privilege", they'll snort, turn off the TV and go to bed.
In the meantime, they'll likely be up again before dawn. To do it again. Until the helpless are rescued. And the work's done.
They're unlikely to be reimbursed. There won't be medals. They won't care. They're heroes. And it's what heroes do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rednecks!

Sep 7, 2017, 2:08 PM

very well stated

Sep 7, 2017, 2:11 PM

Great post.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Real heros

Sep 7, 2017, 2:13 PM

drive Chevy's !!!

j/k

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2017, 3:20 PM

I really enjoyed reading that. Awesome and well stated!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A chance to drive my bass boat down the middle of the street.

Sep 7, 2017, 3:26 PM

How could I resist!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Sep 7, 2017, 3:29 PM

Amen brother.

Sep 7, 2017, 3:37 PM

Made my day. I will copy & paste to all my friends. These are the people I love & associate with & respect, real Americans. You won't see the BLMs or the antifas in Houston. You haven't seen Obama, Jesse Jackson, John Lewis, or Chuck Schumer there. God bless the good ole boys. There is a special place in heaven for them.

There is a special place in hell for white supremacists like you***

Sep 8, 2017, 2:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a special place in hell for white supremacists like you***

Sep 8, 2017, 5:13 PM

Someone's a little bitter.

Who is the coward that TDed that post? Figure out a way to

Sep 7, 2017, 3:37 PM

show the TDs and I will buy a lifetime membership

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is the coward that TDed that post? Figure out a way to

Sep 7, 2017, 3:39 PM

I could get on board with this idea

There's not a good explanation for why we show one and not

Sep 7, 2017, 3:45 PM

the other...And the coward's take advantage of it...Nobody would have TDed that if they would have to answer for it...It was probably the Trump line that hurt their butt...We'll never know though

FWIW I just TD'd your post.

Sep 8, 2017, 2:39 PM

Tagging people who disagree with a post and TD it as "cowards" is weak. TD's fly all over this board, even between Tiger faithful.

Also FWIW I TU'd the OP because it was spot on and a solid and true message.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's triggered***

Sep 8, 2017, 3:06 PM

no, the TDer is triggered***

Sep 8, 2017, 4:28 PM

If you disagree with a post, respond to it, don't hide

Sep 8, 2017, 4:27 PM [ in reply to FWIW I just TD'd your post. ]

behind the TD...I don't have a problem with anybody TDing as long as there is a reply...But if you TDed the OP and didn't reply, you are a coward in my book

Sorry I hurt your feelings with my words***

Sep 8, 2017, 4:39 PM

Re: If you disagree with a post, respond to it, don't hide

Sep 8, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to If you disagree with a post, respond to it, don't hide ]

Tell us how you really feel. Are you saying that you wouldn't want to be in a fox hole with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Who is the coward that TDed that post? Figure out a way to ]

I was thinking the same thing....he/she/it is a little turd.......Go Tigers!!!!!

I would assume the Mods have personal reasons for not

Sep 8, 2017, 1:29 PM

wanting to out the cowards...I guess they are afraid it would run off donors...In actuality, it would just decrease the number of TDs

What you gonna do about a TD, tough guy?

Sep 8, 2017, 3:01 PM

I reckon I should buy a membership just to TD you and find out.

Tough guy? You're the only guy trying to act tough***

Sep 8, 2017, 4:30 PM

Re: What you gonna do about a TD, tough guy?

Sep 8, 2017, 5:00 PM [ in reply to What you gonna do about a TD, tough guy? ]

I gotta tell you friend, your photo is of one of my all time favorite people. Johnny Cash was a class act, a humanitarian and a great songwriter. :)

You got that right on JC Felix &"Rednecks" is a he11uva post***

Sep 8, 2017, 5:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Who is the coward that TDed that post? Figure out a way to ]

There are low life people in every society, but I'm glad that the majority of man kind would never walk in the path with a low life person!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thoughts & recognition....

Sep 7, 2017, 3:39 PM

but did you have to make it political?

Kudos to all of those who are going out to help

I kind of think that was the point Bud***

Sep 7, 2017, 3:46 PM

exactly

Sep 8, 2017, 10:34 AM

why not just give kudos to those going out to help, and not make it about politics?

It is about politics tho. That's the point.***

Sep 8, 2017, 10:43 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Good thoughts & recognition....

Sep 8, 2017, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Good thoughts & recognition.... ]

Yep he sure did have to.

Sep 7, 2017, 3:40 PM

People helping people is one of the things that makes this country great. And then we have those who sit on their behinds, wring their hands and say --------- "Why doesn't the government do something?"

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rachel Muddow is a waste of human flesh.

Sep 8, 2017, 10:01 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Sep 8, 2017, 10:39 AM

Amen brother....post of the day........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 8, 2017, 10:40 AM

Great post! Thanks for saying what a lot of people are thinking! God bless those who put their lives at risk to help others. Go Tigers!

A liberal rapper named Trae Tha Truth...

Sep 8, 2017, 10:44 AM

has been on the ground in Houston, Port Arthur, and Beaumont saving people and distributing supplies to people since this thing happened. My point is, political leanings are thrown out when something like that happens in this country.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rednecks! Statue needed

Sep 8, 2017, 10:58 AM

Houston should erect a statue of a Redneck in his bass boat. Something I've been thinking about but never put on paper. Hope you don't mind, I'm sending a copy to as many people as I can. Great post.

Sep 8, 2017, 11:20 AM

POTD!!

Original or C&P...? Either way, good post.***

Sep 8, 2017, 11:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2017, 12:34 PM

You are exactly right. Republican, Democratic, Liberal, Conservative, Black, White, Hispanic all doing what American's do and have done for generations.

Love each other, take care of each other and love this country.

Sep 8, 2017, 1:30 PM

Generalizations like this don't help; I know several men just like you described who realized what a buffoon and bully Trump is and didn't vote for him and a dentist and lawyer who went to help in Texas also and would not like to go by "redneck."Lots of people quietly volunteer at food banks, free medical clinics and soup kitchens and help out at schools by mentoring and helping kids to read, etc. who are liberals and conservatives and would rather help out all the time than just at crisis times, although we certainly need the crisis responders!

Papa Doc

Sep 8, 2017, 2:33 PM

You are correct. But you underestimate the eager willingness of a bunch of white guys to pat each other on the backs. This for the work that other white guys, they've never even met, actually did.

It's heroism by association.

Love this. Thanks for sharing.***

Sep 8, 2017, 2:02 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Love this. Thanks for sharing.***

Sep 8, 2017, 2:26 PM

Although I have been called a redneck and a hillbilly, I have not taken a snowflake response but great pride at what I am. Sorry that so many take offence at such things.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2017, 2:26 PM

Word for word put it in a nice frame and send copies to the Mayors in all counties that were affected the worst!!! IMO, the heroes are the ones that will suffer hardship bc of the wages they will lose for going to help people they didn't even know, but, they were willing to accept the hardship they placed on themselves to make a difference and save their human brothers that were in the grips of sure death without the unconditional help of total strangers that traveled from every direction without any concerns for their race, religion or they're wealth. Those people don't feel like Heros, they feel that they done what man kind is suppose to do for the brotherhood of man kind. Not one person that packed a small bag, or hooked up to what ever they had that would float and safely take people out of harms way, not a single one of them did what ever they could do to be called a Hero. They done it to save lives and to make a difference bc they cared!!! I thank God for giving us all a heart, bc no matter how cold or how hard we will feel our hearts have gotten, the moment that others need someone to help save their lives, our hearts will soften and get warm real quick and do what is expected to help.

Using tragedy to promote politics, your low...

Sep 8, 2017, 2:36 PM

Not all rednecks are right wingers. And the left doesn't hate rednecks, they support a ton of policies that would economically benefit "rednecks". Spew all the hate you want, but many different people from different backgrounds have made sacrifices. Which has shown that love is greater than the hate you alt right white supremacists have in your heart.

Wrong, white males aren't the only males in America***

Sep 8, 2017, 2:38 PM

Re: Wrong, white males aren't the only males in America***

Sep 8, 2017, 2:59 PM

Please everybody, do not respond to TK. He just sits back and waits for every opportunity to jump on the race arguments and stir the pot. He will take an awesome post like this and hijack it and point fingers and turn it into a hate thread. Please please ignore him. He's a race baiter and he wants y'all to argue with him. Don't feed the troll.

Blame the poster who did the OP...

Sep 8, 2017, 5:49 PM

I didn't inject racist politics into a situation where people of all different backgrounds are coming together to help. And I didn't stereotype a whole group of people portraying them as simpletons who have the same opinions. The post was most offensive towards rednecks, the OP gave a false portrayal of a group of people who can have varied beliefs.

And not all rednecks are white.***

Sep 8, 2017, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Wrong, white males aren't the only males in America*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2017, 5:05 PM

amen

Sep 8, 2017, 6:08 PM

Amen

Sep 12, 2017, 12:55 PM

bump and worthy of a bump

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 1:25 PM

Once again Tigernet shows the ability to take a good posts and turn it into a thread full of morons.

Sep 12, 2017, 2:04 PM

And they are likely to vote for Trump AGAIN !

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic