Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting vs UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Recruiting vs UGA

Feb 8, 2018, 1:16 PM

I know Clemson gets a bad apple everyone once in a while, and Dabo does an incredible job of weeding those out during recruitment, straightening them out when they get here, or dismiss sooner than later. And recently Dabo has had the luxury of turning kids with discipline problems away regardless of talent at the recruiting level.

So what recruits of this steller UGA program would you NOT have regardless of talent because they would be problems? Especially considering the history of UGA arrests in off season....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting vs UGA

Feb 8, 2018, 1:23 PM

One thing I have noticed about Dabos recruiting style is like you said he weeds out the bad apples and from what I've noticed is this also helps lower the number of "bust" recruits clemson gets. By getting top talent along with top tier character recruits it seems to me atleast we don't have as many big name guys become bust as other programs like UGA. Just my opinion I could be off but I think with Dabos recruiting it helps ensure the guys we get are going to come out and perform up to their rankings and of course not every big time recruit will live up to standard that was set every team experience bust but to me clemson has less than other elite programs.

Re: Recruiting vs UGA

Feb 8, 2018, 1:32 PM

What you're going to see from now on at UGA is the players that get in trouble will be given a second, third, and so on chance to correct himself. Coach Smart learned from the best at giving multiple chances. When coach Richt was there he would suspend them initially then kick them off the team. This kept UGA from reaching the highest potential possible with their recruits. The biggest reason coach Richt was let go is he wouldn't put winning ahead of everything else as was typical in almost every other school in the SECheat. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on***

Feb 8, 2018, 2:03 PM

I don't see the point in this. UGA got a great class, so did

Feb 8, 2018, 1:37 PM

we. Why on Earth would we care to find out something bad about one of their recruits?

I just want to play them and beat them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic