Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Recruiting questions

Nov 20, 2015, 3:59 PM

For those who track this stuff, please update:

How many total spots to we have for the 2016 recruiting cycle?

If all of the current commits are eligible, what positions are we looking to fill?

Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting questions

Nov 20, 2015, 4:42 PM

The number of spots that we have seems to be tentative at this point in time. I believe we started looking at signing between 16-20 but that number is now fluctuating. One reason is because we just don't know who will leave early whether its Shaq Lawson, Jayron Kearse, Mike Williams, or Mackensie Alexander.

Additionally, it appears that Zac Brooks and TJ Burrell will graduate and not return for their 5th year. Also we are unsure what other kind of attrition we'll face in the form of transfers or others that will graduate and not return. It is possible we sign as many as 22 or so. Also keep in mind that Lasamuel Davis and Brian Dawkins Jr count towards this class.

Currently we are still looking at signing one more OL, LB, and a DB for sure. We'd also like to snag another WR and possibly a DL. At the WR position it appears that Diondre Overton is the guy to get here and we should feel good about our chances. He's down to Tennessee and Clemson with the Tigers seemingly in front. Overton will announce at the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl on January 3rd. Be sure to tune in to this game as Tiger commit TJ Chase will participate as well.

At the OL spot we're likely the favorites for 4* lineman John Simpson. He'll announce at the US Army All-American Bowl on January 9th. I should be there for that but the game will be broadcast live on NBC. Clemson DE commit Xavier Kelly is also participating in the game.

One-time Tiger commit LB Rahshaun Smith has visited Oregon, LSU, Clemson, and will attend the Bama vs Auburn game later this month. He'll be in Clemson again on December 12th and recently stated he'd like to announce on January 2nd at the Under Armour Game. He's likely to be a silent verbal as he's on track to graduate early. Tiger fans should really like their chances here.

At the DB spot, look for Clemson to go after Bryan Edwards who recently decommitted from South Carolina. I'm just guessing here but I think he's a take at the DB spot but he is also a pretty solid WR. He'll be in town for the Tigers game this Saturday. Other prospects at this slot include Myles Dorn, PJ Blue, and JJ Givens.

Dorn was in town for the FSU game and will graduate early. Clemson, UNC, and NC State are all in the running here. In a recent game against Independence High, Dorn had 12 receptions for 173 yards and a score. His father, Torin Dorn Sr, played for UNC. His brother plays basketball at N.C. State. The Wolfpack like Dorn as a WR while UNC would like to put him at the safety position.

PJ Blue took his official visit to Clemson for the FSU game and will return this Saturday. We're going after him hard and I really like his tape. He's got the size (6'3 205+) and with some coaching from Mike Reed I can see him doing great things in college. He's comfortable playing close to line and isn't shy about contact. Blue can absolutely blow up a screen play with this speed.

Givens is currently still committed to the Gamecocks but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a change of heart. It appears he's warming up to Clemson and you could see him flip but that's all just my speculation.

As always I appreciate your interest and feel free to hit me up any time.

Nov 20, 2015, 8:05 PM

Possibility Blanks leaves and Huegel should get a scholarship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2015, 2:10 AM

Didn't Heugel get awarded a scholarship earlier this year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2015, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting questions ]

Martin Aiken will not be back

Nov 20, 2015, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting questions ]

Mike Williams is expected back

Nov 22, 2015, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting questions ]

Do we still have a chance for Trayvon Mullen at the DB position? I know we are in his top five.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2015, 11:11 PM

5 star DT Dexter Lawrence, some think we are the leader for his services. I'm one of them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2015, 6:11 PM

Second that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic