Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting We are currently 25th in scout, 30th in rivals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,808

Recruiting We are currently 25th in scout, 30th in rivals

Jan 10, 2013, 10:23 PM

and 13th in ESPN. I don't think ESPN's is really up to speed. Surprising that some schools such as Auburn and Tennessee that have fired their coaches at the end of terrible seasons are ahead of us in Rivals and Scout.

I know our coaches are great recruiters and have always done a good job at this. Some years you just have bad luck, or you get tied up with less than classy prospects that mucked up your time with star drama.

The bottom line is we do need to make up some ground with very little time and I'm not sure how many we are working with and which of those we have a decent chance of getting.

I would love to see us somehow manage to finish in the top 15 in Scout and Rivals. Do we have a legit chance of accomplishing this at this point?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting We are currently 25th in scout, 30th in rivals

Jan 10, 2013, 10:33 PM

No....would have to get all of our remaining targets and other teams lose ahead of us lose some of theirs. We need to change our policy of backing off players when we get commits at that position. It is really hurting us now. You cannot get back in their good graces this late in the game.

Good lord can you clowns not wait till after signingday

Jan 10, 2013, 10:39 PM

to blast the staff? We are in great shape with Adams and Lawson and about to land Crowder for sure. 2 WR's decomitt and everyone blast the staff that has produced 3 straight top 10 classes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we would not be Tigernet

Jan 11, 2013, 12:03 AM

unless many of us KNOW - repeat KNOW - beyond a shadow of a doubt that the sky IS, in fact falling. And if you knew ANYTHING about football recruiting you would share our alarm. The coaches are twiddling their thumbs while Nuk is leaving and other WRs are decommiting. You have to wonder if Dabo and Chad even know that we are now in dire straits. Jeff Scott - where are you???? I am now convinced that Tajh made the wrong decision to stay at Clemson. He will have NO - repeat NO - targets to throw to. We are doomed. I see 5-7 season in 2013. Geeze!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this late in the game

Jan 10, 2013, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting We are currently 25th in scout, 30th in rivals ]

Just read on another site where a WR already committed to another school(NCS) would be interested if CU were to get back in it with him. Maybe the Reed connection ?

haven't seen this. who is the wr?

Jan 11, 2013, 4:57 AM

coach cheese has already been in contact with some of our guys, so i would guess that reed is doing the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2013, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting We are currently 25th in scout, 30th in rivals ]

We moved from #18 to #30 by losing 1 recruit. If you don't think we can get in the top 15 you are crazy. Honestly we would move into the top 15 with the addition of Lawson. We could still make the top 10 if we landed Lawson, Alexander, and Adams.

null

EVERY school backs off recruits after getting commitments.

Jan 10, 2013, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting We are currently 25th in scout, 30th in rivals ]

Coaches don't have the time or official visits to keep actively recruitingEVERYONE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What FBS school are you recruiting for?

Jan 10, 2013, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting We are currently 25th in scout, 30th in rivals ]

When you criticize a recruiter that's done what Clemson's recruiter has done in the last three years you remove all doubt that you are ignorant of recruiting tactics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot***

Jan 10, 2013, 10:33 PM

Jan 10, 2013, 10:44 PM

Why do you put so much stock into rivals and scout and not so much into ESPN. Maybe this year, ESPN has it correct and the others are wrong. CASE IN POINT BEN BOULWARE! ESPN is the only one that sees what this young man is about. The others could care less. Niehbur(sp)has even said that much in his post about Ben. "Clemson fans might not think this, but he (Boulware) is right where he needs to be, and that will not change." 3*

ESPN R the only rankings that matter.

Jan 10, 2013, 10:52 PM

Which ones do you think people will here the most ? The ones broadcast 24 hours a day on an all sports channel, not some pay service that doesn't have the man power it once did, because their experts have been hired away by the same 24 hour a day sports channel. Since ESPN started ESPN U, they dedicated far more resourses to cover recruiting than all the services have combined. Right or wrong , they're the top dog now.

As someone else stated, it surprised me how fast they were to move Ben up,

The only coots and clowns

Jan 10, 2013, 10:54 PM

Are ones that cannot see, converse, and think logically on these issues....I learned this during my days at Clemson as both a grad and undergrad! And continued to think this way during my 39 years in IPTAY, thanks!

Re: Good lord can you clowns not wait till after signingday

Jan 10, 2013, 10:58 PM

I concur BryantTiger and besides we have THE CLOSER - Mr. Dabo Swinney so I for one am not scared!!!

They leave out some of the most important factors.

Jan 10, 2013, 11:09 PM

Tajh was the #1 recruit in the land this year. We have a banner Junion Class returning. We only lost 13 or 14 players. 12 grads, one NFL and most likely one for academic problems. Our soph class is really good too, expecially our linemen.

We are more focused on what we need rather than what's out there. For instance, TAM looses a ton of talent this year. They can't replace some of those linemen with this class. It looks as if they will sign 30 or more. That makes them appear much closer than they really are to a well staffed football squad.

Clemson has already filled in some holes. Let see what else we can get!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just bad luck this year

Jan 11, 2013, 12:10 AM

its frustrating for sure, but i think it's just bad luck...most of our decommits were big time recruits which makes it sting more, but pretty much every school (bama, ND, FSU, SC, etc) has been hit w/ a big time decommitment so far...seems like UF and Ole Miss have benefited most raiding others commits

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,808
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic