Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,128

Recruiting 2016

Jun 13, 2015, 8:40 AM

Maybe I'm overthinking it and probably bc we've been killing it in recruiting the past few years but it seems like recruiting for 2016 class is in a little bit of a drought. The second Dabo Swinney camp is happening and the past two weeks just seem lacking in big names like years past. I know we got two important targets on campus in Simpson and Overton but that's about it. We also did not get many of our top commits for the class: Rashaun, Chase, Feaster, QB commit blanking on name at camp. Haven't seen any mention on any big 2016 prospects for Dline or secondary where we have zero committed. I trust Dabo enough to know he can still put together an awesome class but still a little nervous, especially after people were pumping up how great this class could be not to long ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting 2016

Jun 13, 2015, 8:55 AM

Look at some other websites.

Jun 13, 2015, 9:02 AM

They messed up and put it the same weekend as the opening, so all your big name guys are out there. Next week would have been a much better week to have it. I bet you see this addressed next year.

Jun 13, 2015, 9:54 AM

Nobody "messed up" !! The opening is in Oregon and is July 5-10 or so

our last verbal did so on 3.26.15, which was rashaun. some

Jun 13, 2015, 9:22 AM

of the bigger names we heard early have committed or are strongly leaning elsewhere.

hardman, felder, meyers & s smith at db
yarbrough ol
okwara, manuel, okonya & wiley de
rochester dt

this time last year cu was further along numbers wise. 2016 will be a smaller class, so that has some impact on how things seem to be going, but the staff was further along in filling the class by this point.

i have fun with most of this. the players have a pretty important say in the process[no kidding, right?]. if the staff is on more that want to enjoy the process then their verbals must wait.

the staff has also become the hunter, they've targeted fewer, the best of the best in many cases so there will be "setbacks" or what will be perceived as "holes" if the prospect goes elsewhere.

this staff has made its bones, faith in their ability should be high.

we could always fire streeter! if it doesn't turn around... ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 9:26 AM

I wouldn't worry too much, really...........

:)

Seems like the two camps are much closer together then in the past***

Jun 13, 2015, 10:18 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,128
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic