Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: USA Today: Interview with Daniel Rodriguez
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: USA Today: Interview with Daniel Rodriguez

Jul 5, 2012, 10:53 PM

USA Today: Interview with Daniel Rodriguez

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the most powerful interviews I've seen in a long time

Jul 5, 2012, 11:03 PM

He doesn't just want to play college football because he never got the chance to before. He wants to go about living his life because it honors his fallen brothers. Very proud to have Daniel Rodriguez as part of the family.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

i hope that his maturity and sense of appreciation for life

Jul 5, 2012, 11:33 PM

rubs off in the locker room because he's the only one in there who knows what it's like to face the enemy in combat and how for the rest of your life small stuff doesn't faze you.....that kid knows what's important in life and he knows how bad it CAN be compared to the other players. Combat changes you permanently and it makes you never take life for granted ever again. That is a kid who will rub that Rock and run down the Hill for every one of his boys who didn't come home and i guarantee you he'll wear the Paw like a man possessed too. We just got a kid who'll be in love with Clemson for life because he knows how lucky he is to be breathing. I know what he's been through and i know what he feels....
"For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know" -- Unknown

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because there's rough men who stand ready to do violence on their behalf" -- George Orwell

Rodriguez is one of those rough men and it's an honor for us to have him at CU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope that his maturity and sense of appreciation for life

Jul 5, 2012, 11:43 PM

Great Post! Hope you've been doing great! I keep an eye out for your post.
I too look forward to watching him play, and look forward to his positive influence on those around him at Clemson. I know they will be changed!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you

Jul 5, 2012, 11:47 PM

i cannot wait to see that kid in pads on game day....special teams gunner seems about right....and someone who'll look at putting the Paw helmet on every game as an honor, not a right......all is well out here in SD....business is good, making 652 recruits into Marines currently.....

Thanks for what you do Orngpurple***

Jul 6, 2012, 7:51 AM

Re: Recruit Update: USA Today: Interview with Daniel Rodriguez

Jul 5, 2012, 11:07 PM

outstanding american.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo can use Daniel on kick-offs to take off some heads, or

Jul 5, 2012, 11:40 PM

cause great havoc since he is really into it with emotion, energy & desire. Boy, he is a real Man.

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2012, 11:38 PM

I got a feeling this guy is going to be a hoss.

Jul 5, 2012, 11:46 PM

That was just an amazing, honest, frank, real, and inspiring interview. Wow!

Photobucket

Every time I read another article about this young man I am

Jul 5, 2012, 11:50 PM

even more impressed. He is an amazing young man. I have a great feeling that Clemson is just what this brave American needs to propel forward and overcome all that he has been through. I hope I am able to shake his hand someday and tell him how proud we are of him as an American hero and the embodiment of what it means to be a true Clemson man.

Thank Daniel Rodriguez for all you have done for your country and all you will do for our beloved alma mater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goin' down on the field after 1st home game to meet this

Jul 6, 2012, 12:31 AM

young man- it will be an honor to shake his hand!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling that is going to be a long line.***

Jul 6, 2012, 12:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I met him at a baseball game...

Jul 6, 2012, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Goin' down on the field after 1st home game to meet this ]

back in the spring and he was very nice to me.

Jul 6, 2012, 1:00 AM

I'm very glad he was able to walk-on. I want to see him knock the paint off of somebody's helmet!

Jul 6, 2012, 5:43 AM

a very troubled young man who gave all of himself for this country. I hope that coming to school here, playing football for us - and I KNOW that he will play - brings some peace back into his life. He has done and seen more than so many of his peers that he will be around that I can only hope that he finds that peace and that others around him see what it is to be committed to something and to earn the respect that he deserves. Thank you sir and God Bless you

Jul 6, 2012, 7:01 AM

If that doesn't make you proud, nothing will. I am so in awe of this young man and very proud of having a coach that recognizes his sacrifice and potential. Loved that Tiger Paw on his shirt! Clemson family, we are blessed.

Jul 6, 2012, 7:21 AM

Great, good luck Daniel. Frodo, CU74, Vietnam68

Jul 6, 2012, 7:22 AM

Great, good luck Daniel. Frodo, CU74, Vietnam68

I am honored to have a guy like this on our team

Jul 6, 2012, 7:32 AM

I wonder when we will know his number? I think I know which jersey my son is going to want to wear.

Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Jul 6, 2012, 8:02 AM

Wow! It will be an honor to watch this young hero run down the Hill!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling this guy's actions on the practice

Jul 6, 2012, 8:23 AM

field will motivate the team more than any coaches yelling would ever accomplish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a story, how can you not LOVE this guy being a Tiger!***

Jul 6, 2012, 8:52 AM

Water the Point Tree

The guy is a testament to the power of perseverance.

Jul 6, 2012, 9:26 AM

What an incredible story and tough person.

Jul 6, 2012, 10:47 AM

Absolutely, the most amazing asset that a team or university, or a country could have, for that matter.

What idiot thumbs downed this? Are you Tommy Taliban or,

Jul 6, 2012, 11:42 AM

more likely, a jealous coot?

You need to check yourself. This kid put his life on the line for you. He is forever scarred. He lost numerous buddies, including his best friend that was killed right next to him. A football rivalry is one thing; if you can't see the amazing young man that Mr. Rodriguez is, you are pathetic. Mr. Rodriguez is 1000 times the man you wish to be.

Interview

Jul 6, 2012, 3:31 PM

WOW. I have goose bumps from watching that. I agree that he knows that attending Clemson and wearing the tiger paw is a honor and not a right. He will be a true insperation in the class room as well as in the locker room. He is what is right with America. God bless you sir and thank you for what you have given already to our country and what you will give to Tiger Nation.

Interesting insight from my father

Jul 6, 2012, 4:38 PM

From my dad, who served as Commander of the 151st FA Brigade in Baghdad, 2006-2007:

"Although I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, I'm very familiar with SGT Rodriguez's unit in Iraq. He served in 2-23 Infantry "Tomahawks" and they did good work in Baghdad during the height of the "surge" in 2007."

My dad doesn't even really follow Clemson football, so it really hits home when my dad expresses his familiarity with D-Rod's unit. #### proud to be a Tiger, and #### proud to have this kid in our locker room.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic