Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Rome reveals new info on his college decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,732

Recruit Update: Rome reveals new info on his college decision

Jan 12, 2011, 4:30 PM

Rome reveals new info on his college decision

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no problem with him going where he wants

Jan 12, 2011, 4:33 PM

disappointed if he doesn't at least visit us though. of course on balance we seem to be doing ok this year either way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a shame when these guys don't even visit

Jan 12, 2011, 4:36 PM

I think they'd be really surprised on what they are missing out on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a shame when these guys don't even visit

Jan 12, 2011, 4:38 PM

"These guys"

We currently have a top 8 class in the nation and figure to add a couple more very quality recruits. Not everyone in the southeast is going to visit your school. We have done very well in recruiting. You won't hear me complaining if we miss on a couple of guys

Who said I disagreed with you?

Jan 12, 2011, 5:03 PM

"these guys" are those uncommitted recruits that schedule visits yet don't visit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who said I disagreed with you?

Jan 13, 2011, 9:49 AM

What is amazing is that he should even need to visit. Why hasn't his dad been bringing him to watch games where he played his college football???
Evidently, Stan Rome didn't think very much of his time at Clemson or his kid wouldn't even need to be recruited, he would want to go to play at the same college where his dad played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rome's loss. Clemson has a better shot

Jan 12, 2011, 4:39 PM

at a national championship than Georgia. No way they run the table in the SEC and Richt sucks as a coach but WTH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please stop with the Rome updates...

Jan 12, 2011, 4:58 PM

...it's been crystal clear for months that the kid has no interest in Clemson...he only mentioned them as a contender b/c of his dad...

Re: Is Rome chicken that he couldn't live up to Dad's past?*

Jan 12, 2011, 5:08 PM

just saying...didn't even give his Dad's Alma Mater the courtesy of an official visit. Shameful!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Rome chicken that he couldn't live up to Dad's past?*

Jan 13, 2011, 9:52 AM

The shame is on his dad. Hasn't Stan Rome even taken this kid to a single Clemson football game where he played? Why should this kid even need to visit? He should know all about Clemson but evidently doesn't. I actually think it is rather strange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Rome reveals new info on his college decision

Jan 12, 2011, 6:22 PM

After watching him in the All American Bowl, he didn't impress me at all. He missed multiple blocks and didn't have but maybe 1 catch.. He looks as if he was lost. Im Glad we got MacLain.

Re: Recruit Update: Rome reveals new info on his college decision

Jan 12, 2011, 7:14 PM

I think Rome is a player who could help somebody, but I don't know if he will be as good as or better than his Dad. Time will tell. Clemson is a very special place, and I wish he had chosen us, but it is his decision to make, and either way, we will be fine. He will more likely have a better career at Clemson, because of our conference and our situation of a team on the rise rather than ugay which has seen it's best days, unless they get rid of their very mediocre coach, but it's his decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic