Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl

Dec 18, 2011, 9:23 AM

Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we can land this kid!***

Dec 18, 2011, 11:25 AM

Re: Hope we can land this kid!***

Dec 18, 2011, 11:36 AM

I would rather have Gurley over Davis. His size is a plus!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gurley > Marshall and Davis

Dec 18, 2011, 11:42 AM

It's really not even close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Gurley wins award at Shrine Bowl

Dec 18, 2011, 12:09 PM

what I saw yesterday was impressive. If that was typical of him he is a stud. Hope we get him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do we stand with him? what's our odds & who is the

Dec 19, 2011, 12:49 PM

competition?

I can see now why some of

Dec 19, 2011, 9:37 PM

the recruiting groups have him as 3 stars but espn has him as a high 4. I watched the film on him and he is huge. Small shifty RB's look more impressive on film to those who only focus on quick moves but this kid is elusive and runs N-S with allot of speed. Say what you want but I want this kid. Yes, CJ made his living breaking guys' legs and I loved having him but this is the kind of guy who will carrry the ball for 6 or 7 a shot with a break-away for a TD now and again but the real value is that at the end of the average game you look at his stats and he has a buck 50 and you didn't even notice. Plus, he just doesn't go down easy. Imagine having to scheme Morris' offense with this guy threatening to chew up a couple of hundred yards in a game while using tons of clock! If I had my choice of any RB in the country, I'll take Gurley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: I can see now why some of

Dec 19, 2011, 10:12 PM

Completely agree. It would be a great to get a back that can wear down the opponent's D and burn some clock in the second half. I also feel he'd be a great complement to Ellington.

True. It is an underated

Dec 19, 2011, 10:46 PM

effect on a defense when simply subbing a RB causes a complete gameplan change. AE is a good back and has great vision with good speed but if you know what you are doing defensively, you can't defend us with EA in the backfield the same as you do with a guy like Gurley in due to his pure speed. You simply cannot let him get behind your safeties or it's over. If you allow AE to run off tackle for 5 yards at a time, it will be a long day so you must be edge sound while pushing in. Ineveitably, if you stop 23, you WILL be short in defending middle passes to TE and/or slants. Having this kid would be a nightmare for opponents due to basically having two gameplans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic