Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,071

Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama

Feb 17, 2012, 7:57 PM

Fulwood excited to visit Alabama

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama

Feb 17, 2012, 9:32 PM

To me personally. A player that wants to go to a program that is already at the top. It show a lack of confidence of being that guy that can help build a program to get to the top. They are happy with being a fill in, and not the man. They just want to go in and be a kid waiting to be one of the men. Take Sammy Watkins for instance. He came in loaded with confindence and took him a spot with the other men. He didn't need or want anybody to carry him. Those are the types of new recruits I like seeing us get. A Man from the beginning!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2012, 9:37 PM

Could not agree with you less. I am a long time a serious Tiger fan... but what you say holds no water. Think about it... fill in? are you kidding?
To be a big fish in a big pond... that is not a bad way to go.
I love Clemson... but we are not Bama level at present. If you are a star at Bama... you are a star... period.
I deeply hope Clemson is that way soon... but we are not right now.

Feb 17, 2012, 10:34 PM

Sammy is a star period. Sammy came to Clemson with the ambition to work hard to improve and build a top program at Clemson. And he knew it would take a long line of other players to build a championship program at Clemson. Sammy could have went to any school he wanted. He didn't choose the easy route. He chose the hard route. The route that would give him honor and self worth. Its easy to walk down a flat finished road. But anyway,I did state that my prior post was of personal feeling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2012, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama ]

But at the same time how often do you see kids who could be stars at smaller schools go to LSU or Alabama and only get to play their senior year. I understand those kids that cant win a job in college usually never win one in the pros but when the tops recievers end up at the same school every year someone gets left out, there are only so many balls that can be thrown. Unless you are playing for Mike Leach.

Feb 18, 2012, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama ]

I agree with you all Orangeallthetime. If you go to Alabama or a big time program, you are going to consistently have a chance at playing for the National Championship. I love Clemson and I hope and expect us to get to that same level. If we can get us some hogs on the OL and DL in the next couple of classes then we will be there.

This kid isn't considering Bama to be a fill in. He is expecting to go in and compete and be a contributor on an elite team.

Sorry, Mean to say I agree with youTomcat

Feb 18, 2012, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama ]

Feb 17, 2012, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama ]

It is all about winning now. These kids don't want to wait around and miss out on winning a Championship.

Feb 17, 2012, 11:09 PM

I think that even if we are losing guys to 'Bama it is still a good sign these guys are considering Clemson in their top schools alongside a bunch of really good programs. I think it only speaks positively about Dabo and his recruiting and if Clemson can have a couple seasons in a row atleast challenging the ACC and big time bowl games we will start to land some more of these big recruits.

Feb 18, 2012, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama ]

You are absolutely correct. Sometimes I ask myself, if I was a top recruit would I choose Clemson. I love Clemson more than anything and I look forward to every Saturday each fall. And growing up you think of running down the hill and wearing the paw. But if you were a top recruit coming out of South Carolina, where would you choose to go. Sure you have aspirations of being the all star qb and leading your local school Clemson back to the glory days and beating the Coots. A lot would have to be in place at Clemson for that to happen. Sadly, I might would select one of the bigger programs that consistently compete.

Ridiculous

Feb 18, 2012, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Fulwood excited to visit Alabama ]

The logical extension of your thinking is that when Clemson becomes a top 5 1990's FSU type program, that the Clemson recruits at that time will

"show a lack of confidence of being that guy that can help build a program to get to the top. They are happy with being a fill in, and not the man. They just want to go in and be a kid waiting to be one of the men."

...Ridiculous

Re: Ridiculous

Feb 20, 2012, 12:11 AM

Nobody goes to school to be a fill-in but when you have got like 4 main reciever spots in a spread offense and there are 8 or 9 former 4-5 star recievers on the team there are only so many catches to go around. If Julio Jones, A.J. Green, and Sammy Watkins all played on the same team one of them is going to catch more balls than the other. That doesn't necessarily mean that one is a far superior athlete, although it could. But one of the biggest reasons Sammy chose Clemson is because he knew he would have a legitimate shot at a starting spot after seeing Nuke succeed as a freshman. Maybe if he goes to Florida he catches 15-20 balls and a couple TDs and is basically just a big play guy. But at Clemson he catches 80+ balls and is a legimate go-to reciever from day one. It says nothing about his skills because he could succeed at any school, but he is here to play and win games at the same time.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,071
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic