Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: DT target likely headed to Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: DT target likely headed to Florida

Apr 6, 2013, 6:07 PM

DT target likely headed to Florida

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamont's already been approved

Apr 6, 2013, 6:22 PM

by a loan officer at the Gainesville branch of the 1st National Bank of Muschamp

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lamont's already been approved

Apr 6, 2013, 7:52 PM

Don't worry, they will get his type of recruiting sooner or later. Cheaters and thieves always get caught the second they start thinking that they have their cheating tactics down pat.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: DT target likely headed to Florida

Apr 6, 2013, 7:52 PM

does everyone cheat except clemson?

Apr 6, 2013, 7:57 PM

It's starting to look that way, don't it coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2013, 8:06 PM

you need to take off your orange colored glasses and live in the real word a little bit. i can show you my two clemson degrees, but i still am a rational person. i also try to believe we will not get every recruit we want, but that doesnt mean everyone else is cheating. and as far as people who cheat always get caught, be carefull what you wish for. cootcaller.

Clemson even recruiting him ?

Apr 7, 2013, 7:55 AM

tigrjim76 got it right...the $eC is playing with different rules..its painfully obvious. The oversigning top ten includes 6 schools from the conference. If we are to keep up our success under Dabo he needs to get the BODto agree to allow us to accept non qualifiers like USuC does and the rest of the $eC as well. Hard to compete on a field that is so slanted toward those who care only about results and will do whatever it takes to stay on top once their spurious practices have gotten them there.
Im not suggesting we cheat , just do what the competition is doing and skirt and loophole it. To death.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

OK folks .. we can stop this now.

Apr 7, 2013, 8:11 AM

Y'all can rag on Florida or the SEC all you like, but Lamont Gaillard is a good kid. If he's following Xavier Nixon to Florida (Xavier is another good kid from this neck of the woods, BTW) it isn't because he's being paid off. Gaillard and Pine Forest literally came out of nowhere this past year, thanks to a new coaching staff that stressed fundamentals and team discipline (Pine Forest was the only school in its conference that didn't collect a single player ejection last year) going from 1-10 to playoffs.

Gaillard isn't one of those kids playing the field, seeing what he can get. He's a big ol' kid who finally got the coaching he needs to excel. And whoever gets him will be lucky to do so.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ message 'paid' for by friends of the florida gators...

Apr 7, 2013, 8:57 AM

et tu revdodd?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1

Apr 7, 2013, 9:48 AM

I guess he could be a good kid and all. I dont blame the players for it...not at all. I do think that all is fair in love and war...we will not compete on a consistent basis with the nations top programs until we even the odds with all this rule bending. Its not jist the SEC either..OSU, FSU , USC and Oregon among others are all actively working at warping the whole «student athelete» designation...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

NCAA " guidelines" 101

Apr 7, 2013, 9:56 AM

As with the Whitney Hotel / Boat cruise shenannigans at the Coot U. They knew they were cheating , new that what was going on was solely to get an edge in recruiting and did it for at least that and the previous year. They "self report" and " self sanctioned" themselves and basically theNCAA did squat. I wonder what message that relays to these young kids seeing this going on? I mean , if barefaced cheating isnt really punishable so long as you "self report" and say youre sorry...then todays kid doesnt really get a black and white answer on the whole right is right and wrong is wrong comparison. Kind of a sad thing.

DB23

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic