Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists

Aug 14, 2012, 5:22 PM

Crowder names four finalists

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists

Aug 14, 2012, 5:25 PM

PERFECT! Need to pull out all of the stops for this guy!

Re: Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists. UNC

Aug 14, 2012, 5:33 PM

Someone needs to tell him the crip course days are over at UNC.

Aug 14, 2012, 5:37 PM

You are right, hopefully the alleged fraud that has been rampant at UNC for many years will bring him to CU... The fact he is from NC is going to hurt us, so lets all pull for our coaches to sway him to our strong program and be a part of a tradition unlike any other, go Tigers!!!

Not worried about UNC. Glad to finally see no Auburn as well

Aug 14, 2012, 6:19 PM

More worried about Georgia. But they have depth.

Better opportunity at Clemson.

Stanford is a great opportunity. But just a long ways from home.

Glad to see Auburn isn't in the mix. Finally we dont have to battle them for a player.

I say he chooses Clemson!

Re: Not worried about UNC. Glad to finally see no Auburn as well

Aug 14, 2012, 7:15 PM

I predict there will be some NCAA violations to surface at ugay soon. It has been too long since they were relevant, and they are mighty hungry. With them, that equates to NCAA problems. I could be wrong, but their history doesn't lie. Pretty much, anytime they are a factor, sanctions follow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2012, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists. UNC ]

dkmoore1975: he is originally from Greer, SC. About 45 minutes away from Clemson

Thanks Steve!!

Aug 14, 2012, 8:08 PM

did not realize that was the case, just that he has relatives that still live in Greer... Crowder would be a huge addition to our already promising class of 2013!!

Nothing alleged about the fraud imho

Aug 14, 2012, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists. UNC ]

UNC saying it's only happened since 2007...that is laughable.

My sister enrolled at UNC in 1983-1984, she never said fraud....but said players slept through classes when they showed up, all drove really nice cars and all lived in Granville Towers.

She has a neighbor, that says out right...players got paid and had crip classes. And he played football. Although I must say...he didn't take crip classes or get grades given to him. He is a very very sharp man.

But my point is.....this crap has been going on for three decades minimum

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Nothing alleged about the fraud imho

Aug 15, 2012, 8:24 AM

It was be highly unusual for academic fraud of the level uncovered at UNC to begin organically in 2007. These things usually start small, grow, and eventually get out of control before they surface publicly.

I would, however, discount anecdotal stories and rumors about athletes. Players sleeping in class may be immature guys not ready for college. They may have gotten notes from someone later or help from tutors to get them back up on what they slept through, or they may have simply struggled in those classes, i.e., C, D, or Fs.

It's also a misnomer that athletes have more money because they're getting paid. Not all athletes come from financially struggling families. Some parents, not having to pay for college may give their kids more money than parents who have to come off the hip for tuition. I got a scholarship my junior and senior years and my dad was more than happy to give me cash for rent, utilties, etc. Also, back in the 80's, athletes could get summer jobs and I'm sure that some of them may have paid more than market rate, or that athletes got highly sought after jobs because of who they were.

Originally from Greer...

Aug 15, 2012, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists. UNC ]

I like our chances with him.

I seriously doubt he's worried about that. Stanford isn't.***

Aug 14, 2012, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists. UNC ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2012, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Crowder names four finalists. UNC ]

If this had any bearing, then Stanford wouldn't even be a consideration...and he's originally from Greer (before NC)...the dawgs could redshirt him whereas with our OL situation he could compete for a starting position . We were the first to offer and I'll bet our recruiting of him has been better or best than most since WE were the 1st to offer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In addition to being from Greer, doesn't he have a cousin on

Aug 14, 2012, 7:47 PM

the team. That has to be a leg up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

If he is paying any attention

Aug 14, 2012, 9:54 PM

UNC should be off the list. They will never be on tV or bowl

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: If he is paying any attention

Aug 14, 2012, 11:48 PM

Anthony is his cousin I believe.

Re: Stephone?***

Aug 15, 2012, 12:28 AM

Re: Stephone?***

Aug 15, 2012, 6:00 PM

Yessir, he's cousins with Stephone Anthony

Stanford and unc---talk about opposite ends of the academic