Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Records under dabo most points allowed in Death Valley, first losin season since tommy west,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Records under dabo most points allowed in Death Valley, first losin season since tommy west,

Oct 20, 2013, 9:42 AM

And 4 strait losses to coots. So close but yet so far away

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Records for your coots since the 1890s

Oct 20, 2013, 9:50 AM

One conf champ ever

One division champ ever

4 wins in a row over in state rival

Oh, I forgot all the records of the other SEC teams that you take credit for...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Saw yesterday that they are now proudly claiming

Oct 20, 2013, 9:54 AM

A Socon co-championship from 1933! Banner to be unveiled before our game in November!

Typical.

Oct 20, 2013, 10:01 AM

Surprised they don't have banners for all those recent Bama titles. Maybe they can hang one that says CLOWNEY PLAYED HERE...WHEN HE WANTED TO THAT IS...

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Did you hear? Clowney won his matchup yesterday!***

Oct 20, 2013, 10:09 AM

From the way ESPN talked, Clowney single handedly

Oct 20, 2013, 3:18 PM

won the game...They even drooled over a freakin missed tackle that Clowney couldn't follow thru with

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, lots of good firsts too...

Oct 20, 2013, 10:02 AM

But when you lead by emotion, you can expect extreme highs and lows. The problem with Dabo is, I think he sees these blow outs as just another loss and doesn't see it for the problem that it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair, lots of good firsts too...

Oct 20, 2013, 10:11 AM

I agree with you franc. when you use emotion, it is bound to be bad when you fall. dabo has reached a point of no retun. he can't change coordinators again, his only salvation is if either leaves for another job. we lose boyd, Watkins, Bryant and a few others and will not be as good next year. we lost our shot at nc last night for a few years. but dabo will use the we are still very young and have good players to pump us all back up and wait for the next fall. BUT we have had a few great years run and now we rebuild again.

you forgot the worst bowl defeat in CFB history!

Oct 20, 2013, 3:09 PM

the Bear once said emotion is like snot....eventually it dries up! these bi-polar, emotional, roller coaster highs and lows trouble me. I just want a team that shows up, plays hard, bloody the opponents nose, and if we lose to a better team so be it. Tired of banking on emotion, playing a flawless game, running X # of plays, etc. in order to even be competitive. Tired of getting tossed around like a rag doll almost every time we play a physical team. Franc said it best last night...one team showed up for their role in a major TV production, and the other showed up for a football game. And to be fair and deal in FACTS, I cant deny Dabo has accomplished some significant "firsts" in his five years. But let's not blindly deny those five years have also produced some record setting negative "firsts". maybe tim bourret can research a stat on the last time a Top 3 team got azzraped by 40 pts, at home none the less, as the host for espn Gameday...i'm guessing never!

Wow..y'all are talking war paint or smoking the "smart" pipe

Oct 20, 2013, 3:14 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go see "Gravity"...you'll get the drift of watching...

Oct 20, 2013, 3:17 PM [ in reply to you forgot the worst bowl defeat in CFB history! ]

...Clemson football.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

First ever BCS appearance, First ACC Championship since Ford

Oct 20, 2013, 3:13 PM

highest ranking since 1981

Highest ranking means nothing. Especially after last night.***

Oct 20, 2013, 3:18 PM

Wow, #3 means nothing. Might take up bowling or

Oct 20, 2013, 3:51 PM

pool. Might be your cup of tea.

And it was overrated.***

Oct 20, 2013, 3:26 PM [ in reply to First ever BCS appearance, First ACC Championship since Ford ]

I see. Achievements are overrated: failures are omnipotent.

Oct 20, 2013, 3:38 PM

That's a convenient perspective for an agenda.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being #3 in week seven means squat.

Oct 20, 2013, 3:39 PM

That's some 'moral victory' ######## right there.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read the whole post above. It's not just about ranking. I'm

Oct 20, 2013, 3:45 PM

certainly not claiming a 'moral victory' in any way regarding last night. They got their A$$ whupped. There needs to be some serious introspection regarding the coaching staff. That said, recent accomplishments shouldn't be discounted as irrelevant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the only thing the above poster called 'overrated'

Oct 20, 2013, 3:46 PM

was the "highest ranking in however many years."

And it was. It means nothing.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just a matter of the meaning of 'it' and what 'it' is,

Oct 20, 2013, 3:51 PM

isn't it? We need to call Clinton for clarification.

Might as well have been 103. Been watching sports long?***

Oct 20, 2013, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Being #3 in week seven means squat. ]

No agenda SOLOS...top ten teams lose all the time....

Oct 20, 2013, 3:43 PM [ in reply to I see. Achievements are overrated: failures are omnipotent. ]

h3ll, half did yesterday. just seems we do it in historical fashion. Just facts, no agenda...I know facts are hard to deal with!

You're responding to me. I wasn't responding to you. ???***

Oct 20, 2013, 3:47 PM

Sorry..the shoe kinda fit my post!***

Oct 20, 2013, 3:50 PM

Re: Records under dabo most points allowed in Death Valley, first losin season since tommy west,

Oct 20, 2013, 6:05 PM

sounda like Tommy Bowden part 2

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic