Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recap & Other Stuff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 665

Recap & Other Stuff

Dec 31, 2019, 2:04 PM

Went down to the Gainesville, FL, area after Christmas to join about 40-50 others for a family gathering. My mistake was that I had only 36 Tiger Paws to distribute. There were grads for Florida, North Carolina, Duke, Winthrop, LSU, Southern Miss, and several Texas schools. All were Clemson fans Saturday night. Rather than mingle with so many watching the game, my daughter and went back to our room at HI.

The first 20-25 minutes game time were not the things that make me happy except the Buckeyes had to settle for three field goals in the red zone. The last few minutes of the first half began to bring smiles and thoughts of victory. The second half was Tiger time and that 4 play, 94 yard TD drive was a thing of beauty. It reminded me of that 10:92 minute drive at the end of last year's championship drive.

The only sad thing is I did not have my computer to keep up with comments on this board and I have not gone back to read all of that "stuff" since returning home, Here are some of my thoughts.

1. Ohio State has an excellent team but excuses and "what if's" will never change the final score. Blaming the officials, on the field and in the replay booth, is grasping for straws.

2. Ohio State fans were accusing Dabo of whining, yet they were whining about some of the same things Dabo had stated.

3. In the first 20-25 minutes, Ohio State had to settle for three field goals in the red zone. I suppose the Clemson defense had nothing to do with this.

4. We are hoping help is on the way in the form of our OL recruits. We need to give Lawrence a second or two more time to see raise his success to a record level, Even with our defense, Fields had a lot of time to find his receivers.

5. Maybe one of these days The Tigers will gain respect from the media and public. Last year we defeated the "best team ever assembled" and this year we defeated the "most complete team".

6. This Tiger team is fun to watch. They are not perfect but they put their heart and soul into each game and that makes them a winner.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recap & Other Stuff

Dec 31, 2019, 2:15 PM

Nice post, and welcome back.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: Recap & Other Stuff

Dec 31, 2019, 6:27 PM

Had a similar experience but this was in church the next morning. Lots of our congregation came by to say they were happy the Tigers emerged victorious and that they loved what Dabo had to say after the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 665
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic