Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasons why CU BEATS SYR in 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Reasons why CU BEATS SYR in 2019

Jul 28, 2019, 9:36 PM

This year does not compare at all to 2017 or '18 vs SYR. QB Eric Dungey was the heart & soul of 'Cuse (like a Lamar Jackson at L-ville) - and he's gone. Tommy DeVito is a VERY good passer, but he can't come close to the almost 800 yards rushing Dungey had in '18. So, coach BV is going to pressure DeVito all night - - going up against the SYR O-line with its TWO returning starters. This could be the year 'Cuse gets ITS QB knocked out of the game.

Yes, SYR has some excellent A+ receivers, but our corners, safeties & LBs are pretty darn high-class & battle tested too. The question is - is DeVito going to have time to throw? No. And he won't be ripping us for 12-20 yard runs like Dungey.

Credit for having a great D-line? Yes. SYR has a couple of edge rushers that stack up against any in the country - so if we don't pick that up & give TL a little time, that could be troublesome. But, even with little time, they can't shut down Lawrence & our receivers for 4 quarters - AND - they will always have to account for ET & company.

Linebackers at SYR have been a major problem the last 2 or 3 years. Dino's managed to "get by," but this year the LBs are on life support. Babers will have to be David Copperfield to pull even a barely acceptable LB performance out of the hat in '19. I don't know how a very good D - except for dumpster fire LBs - is going to stop what could be the top offense in '19.

If it comes down to a game of field goals, I guess they've got us there. As we know, the 'Cuse kicker is world class, but I don't believe it'll come to that.

Also, Dabo & staff know how to prepare for games better than any group in the nation - that includes IF we were to stumble vs A&M the prior week. If anything, that would just INCREASE our focus 10-fold, and anyway, I think we handle A&M at DV.

CU will beat SYR at the world's largest indoor airplane hanger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reasons why CU BEATS SYR in 2019

Jul 28, 2019, 9:53 PM

Because Syracuse will suck this year and we should beat them by 35. Mismatch

Jul 28, 2019, 10:26 PM

The #1 reason why we beat Cuse is bc we are way better than they are, even with Dungey as their QB. With him, they couldn't beat Clemson with backup QB Chase Brice as our QB even after we went 2 scores down!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep in mind it will be mid-September and very, very warm

Jul 28, 2019, 10:36 PM

inside their bubble field. Add in global warming and all and it could pose a real challenge.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep in mind it will be mid-September and very, very warm

Jul 28, 2019, 11:13 PM

And their amplified train noise is brutal. Just brutal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The jingling keys worry me

Jul 28, 2019, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Keep in mind it will be mid-September and very, very warm ]

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Jul 28, 2019, 10:39 PM

As luck would have it, I will be in Boston the week of the Cuse game, and I'm debating going to the game. Once in a lifetime opportunity to see the airplane hanger stadium. LOL. Any advice from local Tigers appreciated.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:45 AM

Go
Wear Orange
say Go Tigers!

Jul 29, 2019, 3:41 AM

I see 3 reasons why we will handle Syracuse much better this year than the last two:

1. QB
2. QB
3. QB

Two years ago Zerrick Cooper was the primary QB in the game. The same guy who was riding the pine at Jacksonville State after that. (He may have become the starter later, but the time I watched them he was definitely not the starter.)
Last year Chase Brice played most of the game. He's a good QB, but a week before he had been 3rd string. So we had a 3rd string QB against a top-20 ACC team.

This year we go in with maybe the best offense we've had and almost certainly the best QB we've ever had. I don't see them keeping it so close this year.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic