Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reason's why Bama has been so dominate?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Reason's why Bama has been so dominate?

Aug 23, 2018, 5:23 PM

Partly because of scheduling.

Since 2000 Alabama has played a total of 6 true road games against non-conference P-5 teams. The lowest among the P-5 teams.

This year? Alabama will play eight games before facing a team that finished in the final AP Top 25 last year.

The person who sets up their schedule is the best man on their team, year in and year out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because most years they have the best team

Aug 23, 2018, 5:37 PM

and best coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dominant

Aug 23, 2018, 5:37 PM

hth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.***

Aug 23, 2018, 6:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Scottie Cochran's Pharmacy, Incapsulated....***

Aug 23, 2018, 5:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scottie Cochran's Pharmacy, Incapsulated....***

Aug 23, 2018, 6:19 PM

Do they sell Deer Antler Spray by the gallon?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Reason's why Bama has been so dominate?

Aug 23, 2018, 6:01 PM

Playing true P5 road games is moot when it comes to Bama. They were dominate back when the SEC West was the strongest division is college football. Do you really think playing more P5 away games would've stopped Nick Saban? It's really a horrible arguement. You can play P5s until you're blue in the face, but if you don't have the intangibles, recruits, coaches, facilities, etc it doesn't matter.

Aug 23, 2018, 6:07 PM

No, they suck 'cause I say they suck. If you don't agree, then you should get out of America.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 6:02 PM

They’ve dominated because they have been the best at everything. Not to mention they have lucked into a few situations they they capitalize on every time. Examples include:

2011 they get a rematch of a game they lost to LSU in the Natty and of course win.

2012 they played ND in the Natty because Ohio State was on self imposed bowl ban. Easy win against an over rated ND team. A lot of teams would have won that game.

2017 they get in over Ohio State again, but capitalize yet again and win the dang thing.

Not calling them lucky, intact the opposite. They are very opportunistic. And good.

Aug 23, 2018, 6:06 PM

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 6:16 PM

After that Sugar Bowl, I'm not going to take shots at Bama. That's just the way I operate.

If we beat them again this year, maybe I'll take a shot or two!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic