Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasons Why LSU May Defeat or Give Bama a Real Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,127

Reasons Why LSU May Defeat or Give Bama a Real Game

Oct 30, 2018, 9:28 AM

1) Bama's SoS is 60th in the Nation. The two teams with any substance were played at home.
2) LSU will be able to significantly limit Alabama's run game with it's front 4 and will put Tua in a position where he will face some true defensive quandaries against a secondary with players who will go to the NFL.
3) Alabama's depth is not as strong as it has been in past years, there is a noticeable drop off when they play their 2s and 3s. I do think the fall off at QB is big as Hurts is not a bad QB at all. I think more of the fall off comes on a D that is good but not great.
4) Playing in Baton Rouge is loud and this will hurt Bama's ability to change their calls and communicate. This is also Bama's first "hostile environment" road game. The Vols and Razorback crowds were out of the game before it started.
5) LSU will play with a chip on their shoulder, as would Clemson if we were a 14 point dog at home. I do believe LSU will be more physical than Bama deep into the game.

Will LSU win? I think if you play this game 100 times Bama wins 85 or more times, but I don't see a 14 point plus win more than 10 of those 85 games. LSU really cannot afford even one turn over or game changing negative play and frankly might need one or two. I think Bama wins by 8 but this is not a game Tua gets to play only 1/2 a game and LSU will have a late chance or two to cut into or tie this game. If LSU can slow Bama and establish any kind of run game, it will bode well for Clemson if/when we face Bama. FYI....Neutral site game (not the Sugar Bowl) I would likely call Clemson Bama +/- 1.5 either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I'd like to see Nicki's displeasure, I want Bama

Oct 30, 2018, 9:38 AM

to win out so that I get to witness it on 1/7/19 in Santa Clara....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good take, I'm really interested to see the matchup b/w

Oct 30, 2018, 9:41 AM

Bama WR's and LSU DB's. It could be the best secondary Tua has ever faced.

I am still not a believer in UGA's defense. The only good passing teams they faced last year gashed them (OK & Bama)

As bad as LSU has been in stretches, they always seem to have elite talent at CB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Part of me wants LSU to challenge and make it close.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:04 AM

That would tell me that Bama is not ‘invincible’.

However, in NO way do I want LSU to win because that almost guarantees two SEC teams in the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Reasons Why LSU May Defeat or Give Bama a Real Game

Oct 30, 2018, 10:07 AM

With the way Clemson has progressed since TLaw became the full time starter, Clemson is the only team who says we want Bama...and actually means it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 10:11 AM

To add to #2, LSU has the #5 passing efficiency defense and are #3 in interceptions gained.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:14 AM

Good read but IMHO BAMA wins bye 17-21 points.

Oct 30, 2018, 11:20 AM

I would take LSU and 17 points...I think this game will be close. Arkansas hung 31 points on the Bama Defense, and Tennessee hung 21 on them. The Bama defense is their weak link this year. A team will have to score at least 35 points to beat them though, because Tua will make some big plays against any team.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:18 AM

I wonder if I am the only one that thinks a game between Tua and TLaw led teams will be truly epic. Man that game should be fun to watch.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic