Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasons Dobbs is better than Watson according to TN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Reasons Dobbs is better than Watson according to TN

Aug 15, 2016, 6:37 PM

I don't even know what to say about this article except is one of the most homer articles I have come across.

Here are the reasons to save you the trouble:

4. Decision-Making on Passes

3. Leadership Abilities

2. Proven Performer in Big Moments

1. Athletic Ability

http://allfortennessee.com/2016/08/15/joshua-dobbs-deshaun-watson/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the guy who wrote it looked 14***

Aug 15, 2016, 6:45 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the guy who wrote it looked 14***

Aug 15, 2016, 7:17 PM

That's why I ask him if he had already pissed his pants when he woke up from his dream!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the guy who wrote it looked 14***

Aug 15, 2016, 11:19 PM [ in reply to the guy who wrote it looked 14*** ]

He said that DW4 never willed his team to victory ...Nad that Dobbs is a better " big moment " QB .

I think this guy has ate the wrong mushrooms. His roommate is not laughing .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Didn't TN lose every big game they had last year?***

Aug 15, 2016, 11:21 PM

Clemson

Re: Didn't TN lose every big game they had last year?***

Aug 16, 2016, 12:10 AM

Well they came from behind to beat the mighty Dirtpeckers!

Oh I apologize , you said big game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Reasons Dobbs is better than Watson according to TN

Aug 15, 2016, 7:01 PM

Ha-ha. The best part in that article was in the Dobbs is more athletic part. Apparently, the reason Watson had almost twice the rushing yards as Dobbs was because he plays in the weak acc, and Dobbs faced stout sec defenses. Stout D's like USuCk, vandy and Kentucky. Yup, I don't know how he could even rush for 100 yards against those powerhouses. What a friggin joke.

Aug 15, 2016, 7:12 PM

Don't you feel like someone is going to jump up and say "April Fool's" after that article.....How dumb can some people be? It makes you wonder why this great country gives everyone the right to free speech. After that article, that guy should lose his right....

Aug 15, 2016, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Reasons Dobbs is better than Watson according to TN ]

Well EVERY point that he made, he stipulated that Watson had better stats "BUT"... That was comical. Watson had more TDs and nearly as many passing and rushing yards in ONE season as Dobbs has had in three seasons!!! Not to mention that Watson's second best game was against the best SEC team.

No need for an ACC versus SEC D slant theory (#s against Bama last year)

Aug 16, 2016, 3:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Reasons Dobbs is better than Watson according to TN ]

Dobbs had one passing touchdown on 13 of 22 for 171 yards, and a huge fumble lost in the 4th. I am not sure of his rushing yard and don't think he had an int.

Against that same Bama team Watson passed for four touchdowns on 30 of 47 for 405 yards, with one interception, and 73 rushing yards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't even read

Aug 15, 2016, 7:20 PM

Couldn't get past the title... I was laughing so hard!

Aug 15, 2016, 7:24 PM

SIGH.....Dobbs is not bad but he is no DW4. So tired of the comparisons. DW4 is the best in the nation.....period.

Aug 15, 2016, 8:06 PM

4. Decision Making in Passing----He's a genius.....his decision to pass for 2200 yds last year was simply epic.

3. Leadership ability------His ability to lead his 4 loss team into his losing locker room is legendary. He will no doubt be remnebered as the best leader at losing 4 games in the history of UT

2. Proven Performer in Big Moments------This one is truly nuanced genius. At first glance it's difficult to tell if the writer is referring to their historic season opener win over BOWLING GREEN or their Bowl win over perennial Big 10 bully & national powerhouse Northwestern. You may have mistakenly thought he beat Bama or The Gators or Arkansas.......no,no,no,no,no........he used those games to display his tremendous ability to lead his team into the losing locker room.

1. Athletic Abilty------Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........I got nuthin'............please refer to #4, #3 & #2

I quit after......

Aug 15, 2016, 9:08 PM

Watson nearly single-handedly led the Tigers to the national title against the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Did the dood even watch the game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I quit after......

Sep 1, 2016, 9:09 PM

Feel this is a good time to resurrect this...lmao.

They got allforTennessee right at least.***

Aug 15, 2016, 9:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Summary: Even though "statistically " Dodd was worse in every category, he is really better.***

Aug 15, 2016, 10:50 PM

wonder who's stupider?? the author or

Aug 15, 2016, 11:07 PM

anyone who believes this garbanzo???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 11:22 PM

Wow...I just...wow. While I like Dobbs and think he's a good QB, this guy exaggerates every positive quality he has, and then just plain lies or disregards the strengths of Watson. Ignorance is bliss!

Aug 16, 2016, 12:12 AM

Ridiculous

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would the TN Faithful's Homer up 4 "Watson Destroys Dobbs"

Aug 16, 2016, 12:23 AM

NO! That is a Columnist trying to keep his $$$ coming in. Sorta like BOOM goes the Dynamite :) !!!
I'm sorry that was a cheap shot on the Lamecocks based on TN article!

Not wasting any time on this "clickbait".....***

Aug 16, 2016, 1:19 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not wasting any time on this "clickbait".....***

Sep 1, 2016, 9:10 PM

Precisely. The only reason any editorial professional would let this be published is because they're being pressed for impressions/clicks.

seems like the writer makes bs points

Aug 16, 2016, 7:52 AM

It's all fluff, opinion, and subjective. Give me some quantifiable points so that We can compare to other QBs. He has nothing and that's why no quantifiable data was used.

God forbid the writer compare the common opponents of Dobbs and Watson... Alabama and Oklahoma. Those stats are CLEAR and DECISIVE, but go contrary to the writer's agenda. Anyways, go freaking Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2016, 5:13 AM

The air can officially be let out of this article. Sheesh!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Dobbs is an Aerospace Engineering major

Sep 2, 2016, 10:01 AM

That's impressive.

His QB skills are not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic