Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded

Mar 18, 2020, 10:44 AM

Michael Irvin talked to Hopkins about the Texans head coach, locker room, and more:

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1240278295721189376

https://twitter.com/DeAndreHopkins/status/1240304023267205120

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded

Mar 18, 2020, 10:49 AM

Nothing new here, its just what everybody already knew: B.O'B is an idiot.

Mar 18, 2020, 10:55 AM

Surely the owners are scrambling to get him out. Wow. Sure hope DW4 gets out quick if the owners don't replace b o b.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 10:55 AM

If you think there is "nothing here", you don't know Houston Texans fans.

If this is true, BOB just entered radioactive territory. Comparing Hop to Aaron Hernandez doesn't just cross a line, it should be a fireable offense.

The only thing he has going for him now is the utter weakness of Cal McNair, who invested the entire franchise in BOB and has no alternative.

It's gonna be another rip roaring day on Houston sports radio and social media. I suppose distractions like this should be welcome now.

Mar 18, 2020, 10:58 AM

Can't imagine. Do you have any links on the stations that carry the talk shows. Tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it's found to be true, he will certainly be fired.***

Mar 18, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded ]

Mar 18, 2020, 11:09 AM

Did I hear correctly that there was a was a salary cap thing or was that just some type of excude? They seem to be wholesaling their best players.

Houston is imploding.

Mar 18, 2020, 11:18 AM

I just hope Deshaun can survive next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shame some of Clemson’s BEST have had to play on terrible NFL squads, like CJ

Mar 18, 2020, 11:32 AM

at cold Buffalo and DW4 at a team who’s Oline allowed him to be sacked or tackled 150 times, I read.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m glad O,Brian cleared that up.

Mar 18, 2020, 11:58 AM

I’ve wondered for a long time why the Texans stunk and now I know. It’s Nukes babies. Who would have guessed?

The only thing I care about now is DW4 getting out

Mar 18, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Shame some of Clemson’s BEST have had to play on terrible NFL squads, like CJ ]

before he gets another injury. I'm done with Houston as a team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

It's not a salary cap thing...

Mar 18, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded ]

Houston will take on a bigger salary with David Johnson than they had with Nuk. Johnson isn't a bad RB but has struggled to get back on track after a wrist injury in 2016.

Bill O'Brien, on the other hand, further demonstrates that is a mediocre coach and an even worse executive. O’Brien mortgaged the future in 2019 by trading away Houston’s first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, as well as the team’s second-round pick in 2021, to land Tunsil and receiver Kenny Stills. He also shipped away linebacker Jadeveon Clowney to the Seahawks for a third-round pick and a pair of linebackers. Now he sent away another core piece of the team.

O’Brien is somehow bleeding the Texans of talent and getting hardly any draft capital in return. He traded away one of the game’s best wideouts for pennies on the dollar and in the process basically allowed Houston to get fleeced rather than acting like an actual NFL general manager.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 18, 2020, 11:46 AM

He needs to have meetings with his O-line about how terrible they are and that’s what’s causing the L’s. Sounds like he has control issues with himself and is scared of anybody with a voice that might point out his inability to manage a team. He’ll be out of a head coaching job before long.

Mar 18, 2020, 1:19 PM

That could put him out of FB before long!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 12:06 PM

Bill O’Brien has and always be seen as a da coach in my eyes. What an ### clown.

what was once the only strength (offense) has now been

Mar 18, 2020, 12:11 PM

moved over in the weakness category. Now...i'm not sure they have a strength. DW4 can only do so much. He has no help anymore. RB's can't run with no offensive line, DW4 won't still won't have time to thrwo, and not his sure thing, securtiy blanket in DHop is gone...just hope he can get out of Houston at this point.

Re: what was once the only strength (offense) has now been

Mar 18, 2020, 1:28 PM

Hey El Tigre 1, have you ever thought about adding the R at the end of your screen name like this, El Tigre 1®, just asking for a friend;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 12:20 PM

Wow, Bill O'brian just sunk his own career. You got a guy with the talent, skill, and character of Nuk and you compare him to Aaron Hernandez? That isn't a very good coach...or person. Traded DJ Reader as well who is now the highest-paid noseguard in the NFL.

Deshaun may be thinking of getting out of Dodge. I'd love to see him in Atlanta.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 3:54 PM

I doubt that BOB compared Nuk to Hernandez and no where in the Irvin interview did he say Hopkins said that. He said the last time he had a talk with someone about the locker room it was with Hernandez. If I remember correctly that was some friction between Hernandez and Wes Welker. That could have been it. Stupid to even bring Hernandez's name up, but I certainly don't think it was a comparison.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, it's a comparison by association, BOB is drawing parrallels betwe...

Mar 19, 2020, 2:57 AM

Specifically a degrading remark aimed at personally shaming Hopkins. Crazed, paranoid behaavior; they wont be in a hurry to fire him-prolly remove him from his GM role & let new GM fire him at a later date or an owner gullible enough to hand him the GM job will likely do nothing-

Mar 18, 2020, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded ]

Felix2 -- Atlanta wouldn't be bad, but would really love to see DW4 in Miami.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll tag him multiple times, like the Skins did with Kirk Cousins, before they let him walk?***

Mar 19, 2020, 3:16 AM

Irvin will say anything to get in the spotlight..

Mar 18, 2020, 12:35 PM

If Nuk says it is blown out of proportion and he has no problems with it, then why is it anyone else's business! He is happy to be going to Arizona it seems and he is away from O'Brien.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 1:16 PM

Maybe Bob just can't resist a ham sandwich. It's the ham on rye with the smell of mayo that is Bob's biggest weakness. Hey, the guy loves what he likes, Ham on rye with mayo please. WOW just WOW, a ham sandwich over Nukkkk!!!!:) I wonder if the Ham sandwich will be the demise of DW4 at Houston???

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Mar 18, 2020, 10:31 PM

Like Nuk, wish he was on my team . . but he certainly is on the "edge" of being a problem. Nothing serious, certainly compared to what the trouble makers do in the NFL . .but like I stated, he's on the edge. I'm not there, obviously, neither are any of you, so hard to say what goes on that was the tipping point. There must be something to it to get rid of such a productive player.

COOT

Mar 18, 2020, 10:49 PM

That's all.

let's guess...BO'B is

Mar 19, 2020, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded ]

Your uncle...right? 'Edge of being a problem', you say...while also saying 'we aren't there'. So...'nephew', which is it?

Never mind...no answer needed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Reason DeAndre Hopkins got traded ]

Your Pulse explains your comment!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic