Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really not fair that SEC & BiG10 have to play several Top 10-20 In-House Teams & we don't..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Really not fair that SEC & BiG10 have to play several Top 10-20 In-House Teams & we don't..

Oct 4, 2019, 9:04 AM

Saying..we will play Maybe 1 ranked ACC Team (WAke?) all year while those conference teams are about to weed each other out of Natty contention..

and I sorta concur a weak ACC really does give Clemson an easier road to the CFP, thus we need to beat teams impressively to stay in Top 4.

Ha..after yesterday's boring and/or slim posts from TN members I thought I'd spice it up on TGIF day and rile you uP!

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really not fair that SEC & BiG10 have to play several Top 10-20 In-House Teams & we don't..

Oct 4, 2019, 9:10 AM

I've noticed something about that tough SEC schedule grind. PF likes to cite it as the reason it's so hard for SEC teams playing other SEC teams every week. But then when Clemson plays any of those same SEC teams, PF calls those teams "nobody". So SEC teams are great teams when they are playing each other, but nobody when playing Clemson. This is why it's so tough playing in the SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be fun to see them tapdance around TAMU

Oct 4, 2019, 9:14 AM

When we beat them handily, the narrative was "they are a middle tier team"...Nothingburger win

When they start playing conference foes, it will be "they are a program on the rise"...Huge win/forgiveable loss, Clemson caught them early, hard to play these SEC teams week in, week out

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo: Tough conference should also be defined by the worst

Oct 4, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Really not fair that SEC & BiG10 have to play several Top 10-20 In-House Teams & we don't.. ]

teams in the league. I'd love to play Tennessee this year for example.

However, we can probably all agree that playing the top 5-6 SEC teams would be tough....

Let's see who the top 5-6 ACC teams are at the end of the season. SEC folks might not want to play them either.

Even though they should wait and see the rankings of the SEC teams at the end of the year, $ECPN never does that.....kings until knocked off the throne year in and year out.

ACC, garbage until they win.

Why are teams great until they gotta

Oct 4, 2019, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Really not fair that SEC & BiG10 have to play several Top 10-20 In-House Teams & we don't.. ]

be great?!

Lizo

Really not fair that:

Oct 4, 2019, 9:11 AM

A) SEC and B10 teams start the season with artificially high rankings
B) Other ACC teams can't get their act together and win the games they are supposed to win
C) Clemson has to go undefeated to even sniff the Top 4

Re: Really not fair that SEC & BiG10 have to play several Top 10-20 In-House Teams & we don't..

Oct 4, 2019, 9:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 4, 2019, 9:13 AM

Well after the way we played last week we're probably good where we are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2019, 9:44 AM

After the way we played last week, it's surprising that we're ranked at #2. Someone's being generous.

Bill... have you been watching Paul Finebaum again?***

Oct 4, 2019, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Oct 4, 2019, 11:42 AM

For years in business we tried desperately to define "fair", and no business I ever worked in could really come up with one specific definition. What's "fair" to one person/group is usually "not fair" to some other person/group.

In our case, I think we just keep winning, and the rest will take care of itself. Saban might have said it best when he indicated that Bama did not control their schedule for the most part. It's the same for EVERY conference/team IMO.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic