»
Topic: Really getting tiered of the way Clemson is treated
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 16, 2016 7:58 PM by: keith75®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Really getting tiered of the way Clemson is treated

[3]
Posted: Oct 16, 2016 4:40 PM

By the sports media. Louisville barely beat Duke the other night and ESPN was immediately defending them and Lamar Jackson afterwards saying and I quote "it's still a win" and "Jackson is still the favorite because he just already set the bar so high." I guess they don't bother to look at their own Heisman stats page which shows that he and DW4 have very similar numbers. And I don't understand it at all. It's not like Louisville is some powerhouse football tradition. Similarly, I feel like teams like FSU and TN have been given so many free passes this year, keeping them highly ranked even after losses and ugly yes OT wins, to App St no less. On the other hand, if that last min FG had been good yesterday, we probably would have plummeted in the polls to like #18. It just feels like they are looking for a reason to doubt us and are pulling for a loss so they can say "told ya so." If we don't win every game by at least 3-4 TD's then somehow we are having a down year. You would think after the impressive wins Dabo has put together the past few years andddd almost winning the NC last year, we would get just a small measure of respect. I know there are the scattered few like Herbstreit who say they have us in the top 4. I just wish the rest of them would give this team and coaches the respect they deserve. In some ways I prefer the underdog role, but it gets to be ridiculous when you read things like that USA Today article. I honestly believe this team will FIND a way to win out this year. I think we are a more complete team this year where last year I felt like DW4 carried us a lot. It may not be pretty at times but it will still be just as sweet when we bring home that NC in Jan. Maybe then, they will be believers.

Agreed, all we do is win yet now we are ranked 2 spots

[1]
Posted: Oct 16, 2016 5:25 PM

lower than how we started the year. I guess those 3 losses, ya know Troy/Louisville/NCSU, have had an impact. Alabama is best team at this point, but why OSU or Michigan should be ahead of us is beyond me. The voting is so nuts and it's readily apparent that they love to see a thrashing of opponents which is what I consider "unsportsmanlike". I mean we whipped BC 56-10 just last Friday then we play a jacked up ready to play their tail off NCSU team and win in OT with a lucky break. But knowing that we left all kinds of points on the field is having a direct impact to our ranking, which I guess is just how it goes. It's partially a beauty contest, contrary to CDS words on college game day.

Look at our rankings, it most definitely has become exactly what it should not be, a "beauty pageant". That being said, I feel we are the 2nd best team behind Alabama. The media does seem to gloss over another team or players struggle and make excuses for them..... When it's Clemson, it's totally opposite and they are just no good. Mark May loves to see us struggle, among many in the football media!! I say keep them quiet and just win baby win ??

Re: Really getting tiered of the way Clemson is treated

[3]
Posted: Oct 16, 2016 5:28 PM

Another media hates Clemson thread, what a shocker.

[1]
Posted: Oct 16, 2016 5:37 PM

Time to realize that we have not looked good is several of our games
we must and will do better!!!

style points to matter--- the NCAA committee also uses he eye test

So there is a column for "WIN BUT IT WAS TOUGH" ??

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 6:44 PM

I didn't know that ?? W and L, all the rest is a beauty pageant unfortunately. We aren't winning a beauty contest that's for certain but when we win big we gain nothing back. It's become what CDS says he doesn't want, a beauty pageant so he needs to consider that while we are up big and keep DW4 out there and throw it all over the place..... This way that same dumb media will say " why Clemson won so big is unsportsmanlike ". Say nothing about 78-0 over Rutgers which makes me dislike Harbo more than usual. Is he that good of s coach, do his players love playing for him more than our players love playing for CDS ?? I ask because I feel we are every bit as talented and actually more talented than Michigan ??

So you're saying they saw all the fumbles so they realize

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 7:12 PM

we should have won by 3 TD's ?? Good point, eye test we should definitely be #2 but we all know they use the scoreboard test and the " it only rained on ND side of field " argument to move us down. Perfect sense if you don't watch football.

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 6:13 PM

image.jpg(74.0 K)

military_donation.jpg

Yep, media otherwise known as Liberal playground

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 6:36 PM

where fairies and unicorns live among us. Everyone knows the media is a necessary evil but the spewing forth of incompetency is relentless. You take up for them all you like but consider yourself among those liberal media members! Sounds like you might write some of the articles about how Clemson sucks this year. Only 3 losses, is that right Lexi???

TD for calling out Lex, thanks libtard

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 7:09 PM

differing of opinions is tough for you and it's ok. Didn't TD your Coot post though I will now you prick.

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 7:06 PM

In the oft repeated words of a certain presidential candidate...."it's rigged" ??

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Prove me wrong instead of making a useless sarcastic reply***

[1]
Posted: Oct 16, 2016 7:38 PM

[1]
Posted: Oct 16, 2016 7:58 PM

To get that win, I gladly take any hate that comes with it.....7-0

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: My husband is still deployed so I have one ticket for sale. Section TDM Row AA seat 29 (Seat has s...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1474 people have read this post